Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tyson Fury on R2 today.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You were offended by an earlier post of mine where I mentioned Tyson Fury being a boxer for a reason.

Did you not notice above that sentence was also a comment by me mentioning how he's being treated like a major politician?

Why has that offended you and why are you trying to make out as if I'm attacking all boxers?

Stop digging

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Wow. Interesting. How does it work? Do you have a day job or do you make all your income from just fights? How often do you/can you fight a year? Apologies if I'm being nosey but I'm genuinely interested.

Apologies, missed this first time around.

How it works depends on which promotional company you are signed to. Some fighter will have to effectively buy their own fights and then rely on their ticket sales to make profit. Others will have a set agreed amount per fight. This has been known to leave some fighters earning very little or nothing for a fight, those who are big ticket sellers will earn well from this. Others will have a set agreed amount per fight. I am the latter. At the moment under my current contract, I look to have between 6-8 fights per year. this year, my second full year as a pro I had 7 with 7 wins. There is also income from sponsorships.

I do a bit of personal training on the side, mainly when I am not training for a fight just to help me 'live the life' and not binge out more than anything. As you can imagine this is boxing training biased.

I'm sorry if this came across as me 'bragging' in any way.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
You were offended by an earlier post of mine where I mentioned Tyson Fury being a boxer for a reason.

Did you not notice above that sentence was also a comment by me mentioning how he's being treated like a major politician?

Why has that offended you and why are you trying to make out as if I'm attacking all boxers?

As I told you, I took offence to the comment 'boxer for a reason' because he has a lack of education. To me, it sounds like you are suggesting boxing is something people do that have no education. You may not have meant that, but that is certainly how I read it.

Do you not see how that can be offensive?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
As I told you, I took offence to the comment 'boxer for a reason' because he has a lack of education. To me, it sounds like you are suggesting boxing is something people do that have no education. You may not have meant that, but that is certainly how I read it.

Do you not see how that can be offensive?

The 'boxer for a reason' was in reference to Fury not being a 'major politician'. I do mean that. No offence meant and sorry if I've come across the wrong way.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't give a giant plastic German shit if you find it funny or not.

It was meant to be a joke..because Lenny Henry isn't funny. But thanks for your reply anyway :smile:

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Fury will now have any/every journo asking daft questions to get a response which they will then dance and jump around with. Hereby known as the ‘Holloway effect’.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

How it works depends on which promotional company you are signed to. Some fighter will have to effectively buy their own fights and then rely on their ticket sales to make profit. Others will have a set agreed amount per fight. This has been known to leave some fighters earning very little or nothing for a fight, those who are big ticket sellers will earn well from this. Others will have a set agreed amount per fight. I am the latter. At the moment under my current contract, I look to have between 6-8 fights per year. this year, my second full year as a pro I had 7 with 7 wins. There is also income from sponsorships.

I do a bit of personal training on the side, mainly when I am not training for a fight just to help me 'live the life' and not binge out more than anything. As you can imagine this is boxing training biased.

Firstly no you didn't come across as bragging to me. Secondly thanks for explaining. It's interesting to hear about the industry and also how those below the big names make a living from it. But, with 7/7 wins I'm guessing we'll be hearing a lot more of your name soon! And 7 fights a year means you're pretty dedicated as I guess you're pretty much always training for a fight. Good luck.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Definitely not bragging. It's interesting to think think that besides the big buck fighters there's guys like you making a living ,and I mean no disrespect by this, further down the bill.
What weight are you and when's your next fight ?
Could be a good NSC night out !!

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Yep.

We need a homophobic, sexist, ignorant **** as a role model.

A bit like Islam then, oh no we have to pussyfoot around their ' sexist, fgm, homophobic values'. Lets vilify him whist turning a blind eye to others. He's said his peace and although not to my liking, wouldn't it be intolerant of me not to allow him to have his own set of values.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Back on topic, what is there to like about Tyson Fury? He's a bible bashing pikie with a standard pikies views on women and gay people whose sole skill appears to be an ability to successfully lump other blokes in the grid. A bellend in every way as far as I can tell.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Definitely not bragging. It's interesting to think think that besides the big buck fighters there's guys like you making a living ,and I mean no disrespect by this, further down the bill.
What weight are you and when's your next fight ?
Could be a good NSC night out !!

I agree. I'd never really considered boxers could box 7-8 times a year and make a living out of it. And a NSC table at one of Withdean11s fights will make an excellent evening.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
That'll be the blind eye thats currently bombing muslims then.

What our ten bombers, wow. Are we bombing them because they encourage arranged marriages, instigate the heinous female genital mutilation, oppose homosexuality (whilst practising it behind the scenes) or because we are making the most token of efforts to keep up with the coalition fighting ISIS.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Tyson Fury isn't fit to be mentioned in the same paragraph as.

Cassius Clay

sorry I hate to bounce this but Ali said this

“All Jews and gentiles are devils… Blacks are no devils… Everything black people doing wrong comes from (the white people): Drinking, smoking, prostitution, homosexuality, stealing, gambling: It all comes from (the white people)”

He was a member of an anti-jewish anti-christian organisation and not one person in the BBC questioned this and guess what he received with full honour from the BBC the international sports personality of the year.

Hypocrisy at its highest from the BBC!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here