Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Two Brighton & Hove Labour Cllrs Expelled!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is this the same guy that flounced off and demanded his post history be wiped?
Thomas Bald? Thomas is the Democratic Services Officer

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Sorry, I’m not explaining myself at all well. Is Steve Forster another incarnation of the bloke who stormed off here and demanded all his posts be deleted so as not to embarrass him in his public life?

Obviously don’t answer if you don’t want to broach the topic.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sorry, I’m not explaining myself at all well. Is Steve Forster another incarnation of the bloke who stormed off here and demanded all his posts be deleted so as not to embarrass him in his public life?

Ah. I understand now. No, that was someone else.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

That was HB&B. They are two different people.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Sorry. No, this Ivan character.
You may be thinking of the last prospective Conservative councillor who wanted to take NSC to court if all posts he made weren't deleted.

This Ivan character was made to stand down as a candidate for posting Islamophobic, anti-disabled 'jokes' on Facebook. He was then allowed to stand again by the local Conservative party and, subsequently, elected (I have no f***ing idea how :shrug:)

He has, amongst other things, had a whole thread on why he was leaving deleted from NSC (not sure why) and has accused NSC of supporting Anti-Semitism, on both the deleted leaving thread and the Argus comments. Oh and offered to repeat the best of his 'jokes' to a mod on NSC.

Obviously, I can only go on what I've seen posted on NSC, but if any of the above is wrong, I'm sure @Bozza or one of the mods can correct me :wink:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
So true. I do wonder why some get involved. Given you-know-who's behaviour, throwing his weight around, the way he frequently makes reference to being a councillor etc, I can only assume it's more for his own ego than the benefit of the people.
Self interest typically, which is unfortunate.

Now, let’s assume the allegations as to where these two councillors live contrary to what they have advised is true, what possible plausible reason would they do this? I’m struggling to find anything that benefits the constituents

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You may be thinking of the last prospective Conservative councillor who wanted to take NSC to court if all posts he made weren't deleted.

This Ivan character was made to stand down as a candidate for posting Islamophobic, anti-disabled 'jokes' on Facebook. He was then allowed to stand again by the local Conservative party and, subsequently, elected (I have no f***ing idea how :shrug:)

He has, amongst other things, had a whole thread on why he was leaving deleted from NSC (not sure why) and has accused NSC of supporting Anti-Semitism, on both the deleted leaving thread and the Argus comments. Oh and offered to repeat his 'jokes' to a mod on NSC.

Obviously, I can only go on what I've seen posted on NSC, but if any of the above is wrong, I'm sure @Bozza or one of the mods can correct me :wink:

Well, that all sounds lovely.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There is a process for complaints, you can challenge the behavior of any councilor against the code of conduct:

Please find a link to the code of conduct for members:

https://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/content/council-and-democracy/code-conduct-members
Please also see below a link to the complaints process for members should you wish to pursue this matter further:

https://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/council-and-democracy/feedback-about-council-services/complaints-about-councillors

For more info email thomas.bald@brighton-hove.gov.uk

Thanks. Very useful information for those of us who actually have this horrendous little Islamophobic, anti disabled coward 'representing' us :thumbsup:

You think we’re not accused of this already?

(I know the answer to that question).

@Steve Foster, you seem to have disappeared again, after your scurrilous comments about Les Hamilton. What a thoroughly unpleasant individual you are.
Weird comment. Cllr Theobald (Conservative) & I were the only two councillors in the City to complement Les Hamilton on Brighton & Hove News. Not one Labour councillor! There was a response on X but very sad that none of the Labour lot could say some nice words after 50+ years of service

He has, amongst other things, had a whole thread on why he was leaving deleted from NSC (not sure why) and has accused NSC of supporting Anti-Semitism, on both the deleted leaving thread and the Argus comments. Oh and offered to repeat the best of his 'jokes' to a mod on NSC.

Are you ok? Not very much of what you are saying is correct.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Are you ok? Not very much of what you are saying is correct.

I'll make it very easy for you to reply

1/ Did you have to stand down as a prospective councillor for telling Islamophobic and anti-disabled jokes ?
2/ Was there a whole thread on NSC about why you were leaving NSC which has now been deleted ?
3/ Did you accuse NSC, on the Evening Argus website of being Anti-Semitic ?
4/ Did you offer to tell @Guinness Boy your 'best jokes' ?

A simple yes or no for each numbered point will suffice because we wouldn't want a lot of whataboutism would we :wink:

And, for a bonus point

Cllr Les Hamilton stepped down abruptly

What did you mean by this ???

1/ Did you have to stand down as a prospective councillor for telling Islamophobic and anti-disabled jokes ?
2/ Was there a whole thread on NSC about why you were leaving NSC which has now been deleted ?

A simple yes or no for each numbered point will suffice because we wouldn't want a lot of whataboutism would we :wink:

And, for a bonus point

And, for a bonus point

Only a few days previously we were on the same committee that consists of three councillors & there wasn’t a whiff of a reason of stepping down. Very sad. And very sad that Labour councillor’s have kept shtum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here