[Brighton] Two Brighton & Hove Labour Cllrs Expelled!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
10 and a half lines of text is too long for you to read? šŸ˜‚

My post was no longer than your post quoted below in #92 to which I was responding.
Respectfully, every reply from you in every thread is 10 and a half lines too long for the point you try and make. I donā€™t have you on ignore because when you are concise you make some good points.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Respectfully, every reply from you in every thread is 10 and a half lines too long for the point you try and make. I donā€™t have you on ignore because when you are concise you make some good points.
So what!? - no one is asking you to read my posts and your rudeness to my previous post is NOT appreciated (nor is the passive aggressive nature of every response you have made to me on this thread) and you are lying - every post I make is NOT ā€˜too longā€™ - Your last post was just as long as mine so lay off šŸ‘

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
So what!? - no one is asking you to read my posts and your rudeness to my previous post is NOT appreciated (nor is the passive aggressive nature of every response you have made to me on this thread) and you are lying - every post I make is NOT ā€˜too longā€™ - Your last post was just as long as mine so lay off šŸ‘
Ironically, youā€™ve edited that post to make it longer.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Ironically, youā€™ve edited that post to make it longer.
Wtf are you on about - Jesus step away from the computer man thereā€™s a good fella.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Wtf are you on about - Jesus step away from the computer man thereā€™s a good fella.
Your original post ended at ā€œNOT appreciatedā€. Then you added the classic additional paragraph of nonsense as an edit - mods would confirm.

Stop. Talking. Nonsense.

EDIT: Tell you what, Iā€™m going to just put you on ignore and we are done.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Your original post ended at ā€œNOT appreciatedā€. Then you added the classic additional paragraph of nonsense as an edit - mods would confirm.

Stop. Talking. Nonsense.

EDIT: Tell you what, Iā€™m going to just put you on ignore and we are done.
Excellent problem solved - next time just skip past posts that you find too long to read, thereā€™s a good chap šŸ™‚

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I have a horrible feeling, labour might have some deeper issues that might be brought to the fore by the media just prior to any election and they may implode.
Anyways both parties are pretty shite to be honest.
As we move ever closer to a Labour Government the one thing we do know is the digital world is a very different animal to what it was the last time they had the reigns, (Twitter was only 4 years old when Gordon vacated number 10), itā€™s going to be uncomfortable to say the very least as they will be forensically examined from every which way.

The positive is that the LOCAL party have acted quickly in investigating these two apparent charlatans who it seems have been selected outside of the remit of local membership and it doesnā€™t read well!

As for Cllr Lyons, he needs to stay off this thread and making it to be all about him and as I advised him soon after his flounce, maybe stay off social media and look after the constituency he serves ffs.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Did you not report what you believed to be anti-semitism on NSC to The Argus? Have you now decided that you were wrong, or that you are happy to overlook what you believe?

As we move ever closer to a Labour Government the one thing we do know is the digital world is a very different animal to what it was the last time they had the reigns, (Twitter was only 4 years old when Gordon vacated number 10), itā€™s going to be uncomfortable to say the very least as they will be forensically examined from every which way.

The positive is that the LOCAL party have acted quickly in investigating these two apparent charlatans who it seems have been selected outside of the remit of local membership and it doesnā€™t read well!

As for Cllr Lyons, he needs to stay off this thread and making it to be all about him and as I advised him soon after his flounce, maybe stay off social media and look after the constituency he serves ffs.
Assuming Labour hold a current address for the two councillors? What has happened to make this come out?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wouldn't it be wonderful if local councils and councillors returned to the 1950/60's when most stood as Ratepayers and long before national politics entered everyday services that ratepayers deserve. Divisive politics should have no place in local government services.
So true. I do wonder why some get involved. Given you-know-who's behaviour, throwing his weight around, the way he frequently makes reference to being a councillor etc, I can only assume it's more for his own ego than the benefit of the people.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Wouldn't it be wonderful if local councils and councillors returned to the 1950/60's when most stood as Ratepayers and long before national politics entered everyday services that ratepayers deserve. Divisive politics should have no place in local government services.
Yes! Then you could vote for the people who you thought would be the best councillors, not just for the rosette (speaking as someone who would, and probably has, voted for the proverbial pig's bladder on a stick just because it wore a red rosette).

And it would stop people from treating local elections as glorified opinion polls on the Westminster government.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Indeed. Party politics has no place in local government. Every candidate should be independent of a political party. In the dim and distant past I've had letters in the Argus suggesting such a move but of course, nothings happened. Instead we get councillors like Steve Foster and almost, but thankfully not, a certain Timmy.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Iā€™m afraid thatā€™s the landscape the Toryā€™s have cultivated.

Monkey see. Monkey do.
That's poor even for you. The Tory's can't be held responsible for rotten apples in the Labour Party. They've always been cross party.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Good God! How the f*** do people like 'Steve Foster' ever get to become councillors? No wonder we're living in a total shit-show.
Appreciate I'm a day late with this response but I do have a (reasonably) well thought out idea on this.

It's education, I think. Not in a "the stupid people vote for the wrong people" kind of way.

When I was in school in the mid-late 90s there was ZERO political education on offer. Not a jot. It was only when we got to college that we could take politics & economics as an option. Which means our entire political education falls on what we find out ourselves or comes from our parents.

We're taught nothing about the political process, about how important it is that we have the right to a vote and how important it is to use it, about how to apply some critical thinking to what the men in suits on the telly are shouting at each other, about how politicians will have their own aspirations and how those aspirations might mean them taking courses of action that will categorically make your own life worse. Taught nothing about the difference between local and national politics or how they affect one another. Literally f*** all.

We used to have Personal and Social Education lessons which sound like a space where politics would be on the agenda but instead ended up just being a doss hour to catch up on homework.

Then two years after leaving school with none of this information in our heads we're given a polling card and told to make that choice.

How on earth can we choose between one person in a suit wearing a red bow or another wearing a blue bow? We can't, we don't know anything except what our parents tell us. So we vote that way. With no thought to what that means, who the person is we're voting for and what they really want from their political career.

It's a bit of a shambles, to be honest.

And, putting my tinfoil hat on, I think it's designed this way to keep us politically uninformed, to foster apathy from an early age and ensure we'll vote whichever way we're told to by our parents or the red tops.

That's how chancers and charlatans and downright cruel people can get into office.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Excellent problem solved - next time just skip past posts that you find too long to read, thereā€™s a good chap šŸ™‚
I sometimes manage to do that; it isn't difficult.

However, many of your recent posts have been quite lengthy but they contain so much information, particularly with the reference to the (temporarily paused) slaughter in Gaza, that they really are worth taking the time to read. I have learnt much. I thank you.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Keep Les Hamilton's name out your mouth
Will-Smith_11-2000-41da9071fee448789f26c90d04796d6f.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Appreciate I'm a day late with this response but I do have a (reasonably) well thought out idea on this.

It's education, I think. Not in a "the stupid people vote for the wrong people" kind of way.

When I was in school in the mid-late 90s there was ZERO political education on offer. Not a jot. It was only when we got to college that we could take politics & economics as an option. Which means our entire political education falls on what we find out ourselves or comes from our parents.

We're taught nothing about the political process, about how important it is that we have the right to a vote and how important it is to use it, about how to apply some critical thinking to what the men in suits on the telly are shouting at each other, about how politicians will have their own aspirations and how those aspirations might mean them taking courses of action that will categorically make your own life worse. Taught nothing about the difference between local and national politics or how they affect one another. Literally f*** all.

We used to have Personal and Social Education lessons which sound like a space where politics would be on the agenda but instead ended up just being a doss hour to catch up on homework.

Then two years after leaving school with none of this information in our heads we're given a polling card and told to make that choice.

How on earth can we choose between one person in a suit wearing a red bow or another wearing a blue bow? We can't, we don't know anything except what our parents tell us. So we vote that way. With no thought to what that means, who the person is we're voting for and what they really want from their political career.

It's a bit of a shambles, to be honest.

And, putting my tinfoil hat on, I think it's designed this way to keep us politically uninformed, to foster apathy from an early age and ensure we'll vote whichever way we're told to by our parents or the red tops.

That's how chancers and charlatans and downright cruel people can get into office.
How much changes in just 30 years. I took Political History as an O level, and can remember the school having mock elections in 64. Despite it being a grammar school, Labour won (following the 13 years of Tory misrule - nothing changes: and the slease of the Profumo affair) followed by the real election which returned Harold Wilson.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Not reading that. TL;dr please?
If you can't be bothered taking a minute reading what was a pretty short post for a forum, then I'd suggest you're in the wrong place. You might find "X" (formerly known as Twitter) more to your liking. But watch out for the blue ticks - they can post long stuff too :p.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports