Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two bids in for Grant and Francis..

Bobby Greenberg

Jun 17, 2009
So does it sound like it is going to happen (from a Southend point of view) as in just a rumour on here?
Grant in particular impressed at Withdean last season, not really heard of the other guy

there may well have been a bid for both and i think francis may well go much as i wouldnt like to see him leave. i cant see granty going

sideways steps are often motivated by money, e.g. Jimmy Mac

maybe so. would twll you a lot about the player you had signed if that were the case

But surely that's the whole point!

Last season was a wake up call for the directors of this club.

Buy players with better potential than we currently have, move up the league into the Championship within the next two seasons and establish ourselves there. :)

With respect, I believe Brighton have better near term prospects than Southend.

i would have to disagree. having no money is no shocker to us. there have been a fair few teams with cash in this division for a while now and we have more than held our own. i would say our medium term prospects are about the same. yes you have some cash, but we have a manager and back room set up that know this divsion inside out and are adept at working on a shoestring.

They have much better cheerleaders though.

the bluebelles - gotta love em

To be fair Bobby, I was at Roots Hall last year and Murray and Forster ran the show. Comfy 2-0. Our best 5 players are all easily top quality League One players.

and to be fair to you sir you nearly got relegated and we didnt.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Attachments

• 562.jpg
    562.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 561
  • bluebells1.jpg
    bluebells1.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 561

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Holy shit ! They make Gullys Girls look like a Girl Guides troop.
Mind you, I've always quite liked the girl guides uniform.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Never mind about Gully's Girls, give me Sammy The Shrimp's Slags!...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
yeah, but at least our mascot isn't a white supremacist.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Am I the only one in thinking we were lucky to win at Roots Hall last year? The main reason we won was because they had ten men and Elphick made a remarkable clearence off the line.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Could we spend the 400k on some cheerleaders like that?
They certainly would bring back the crowds:lolol:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Afternoon Chaps,

Southend fan here. Grant is decent. If he continues playing like he did from the Chelsea game onwards he will be a very tidy player.

Francis is a player i rate highly however this is not a view shared by the most fans at Roots Hall. He does have a tendency to switch off which has cost us at times. When he is good he is amazing. i think there was a stat where he put in the most crosses in the league last season. not bad for a right back

I don't see this being a good move for either player. Both i believe have the ability to play at a higher level and a move to you lot would be a sideways step. yeah you have a bunch of money but in terms of ability to push on up the division i don't see it personally.
Bobby

And you were doing so well until then:shrug:

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
aww don't be that way! notice i said sideways not backward. teams like us are very similar nowadays so i don't really see either player benefiting from this potential move.

Unless we bring in a few more equally talented players to have a go at promotion. But as it stands it would be sideways

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here