Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two bids in for Grant and Francis..

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
league 1 centre back and league one midfielder well it fits the bill suggested in Argus but so do many many others

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
black - check
corn row hair - check
skins - check
cycling shorts - check
stupid coloured boots - check
skillz - check

I will have to crack open a box of flairrero rocher if he joins up :love: He ran the show when they soccered us at Withdean last season

Southend+United+v+Chelsea+FA+Cup+3rd+Round+88eoQthgvgTl.jpg

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
They don't seem too worried about losing Grant, I thought he was one of their better players?

Thats what i thought, they seem more than happy to have some guy called 'Moose' or moussa replace him. As for francis, a lot of people saying one minute he is quality another he's shit. (sounds a bit like Lynch, who obviously has quality but fucks it up with mistakes every now and then)

Bobby Greenberg

Jun 17, 2009
Afternoon Chaps,

Southend fan here. Grant is decent. If he continues playing like he did from the Chelsea game onwards he will be a very tidy player.

Francis is a player i rate highly however this is not a view shared by the most fans at Roots Hall. He does have a tendency to switch off which has cost us at times. When he is good he is amazing. i think there was a stat where he put in the most crosses in the league last season. not bad for a right back

I don't see this being a good move for either player. Both i believe have the ability to play at a higher level and a move to you lot would be a sideways step. yeah you have a bunch of money but in terms of ability to push on up the division i don't see it personally.

Bobby

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Afternoon Chaps,

Southend fan here. Grant is decent. If he continues playing like he did from the Chelsea game onwards he will be a very tidy player.

Francis is a player i rate highly however this is not a view shared by the most fans at Roots Hall. He does have a tendency to switch off which has cost us at times. When he is good he is amazing. i think there was a stat where he put in the most crosses in the league last season. not bad for a right back

I don't see this being a good move for either player. Both i believe have the ability to play at a higher level and a move to you lot would be a sideways step. yeah you have a bunch of money but in terms of ability to push on up the division i don't see it personally.

Bobby

So does it sound like it is going to happen (from a Southend point of view) as in just a rumour on here?

Grant in particular impressed at Withdean last season, not really heard of the other guy

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Bobby

But surely that's the whole point!

Last season was a wake up call for the directors of this club.

Buy players with better potential than we currently have, move up the league into the Championship within the next two seasons and establish ourselves there. :)

With respect, I believe Brighton have better near term prospects than Southend.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Afternoon Chaps,

Bobby

To be fair Bobby, I was at Roots Hall last year and Murray and Forster ran the show. Comfy 2-0. Our best 5 players are all easily top quality League One players.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
sideways steps are often motivated by money, e.g. Jimmy Mac
That was money motivated on Stockport's part more than McNulty's. They needed to sell and he was kindly asked to depart. Not sure Southend are in the same situation, though they have just sold their player of the season.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
The Southend Player of the season went on a free transfer to Huddersfield. McNulty rejected us then magically 10 days later signed a deal, maybe he did what Whing is doing or maybe it was money related who knows.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here