Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] TV and Box etc.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Apologies if this hasn't already been mentioned but you could move to canada & get a Canadian address & bank account, & Canadian paypal account & sign up to dazn & then move back to the uk & use a vpn to watch every premier league game live or on playback. It costs about £15 a month after set up costs (less if you pay annually upfront). But they do have the premier league for the next 3 years, so it should be worth the effort

Interestingly my brother has a house in Florida, that is let out,and a USA bank account could that be used. I am not sure that I would use it but others could possibly do the same with people that they know.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
[/B]

under £10 on ebay. My recorder box may connect in some other way I havent looked or rather asked son to have a look. On the subject of Bein Sports I have Nord VPN would that work if I set it as being in Spain or Cyprus or similar,

You don't need a VPN it's so much simpler than that

The Bear

Dec 21, 2010
Big thanks to [MENTION=750]swindonseagull[/MENTION] who guided me through the ease of this process. Managed to get it set up in time to catch the end of last nights game and seemed to work fine. Didn’t improve the quality of the game mind!

The supplier was also dead helpful on whatsapp getting me set up and this was all done real quick and for a tech dunce like me, that’s unheard of. Sent the £ via PayPal, he then gave me the log in and away I went.

From what I e seen so far I would totally recommend making that leap of faith. It’s all there from kids tv to pay per view and xxx.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have decided that the Amazon Firestick is the route I shall take but looking at them on line I noticed a number advertising them with Alexia what is the advantage to having that with the firestick?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I have decided that the Amazon Firestick is the route I shall take but looking at them on line I noticed a number advertising them with Alexia what is the advantage to having that with the firestick?

If you just want the firestick for football and TV its not required....

EDIT just seen Alexa is on my firestick but have never used it and probably never will.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Amazon offer one @ £39.99 and another 4K at £49.99 what is the difference to make somebody like me buy the dearer one or should I stick with the basic one?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
bollox to that... there is nothing like being at the game.

I think you have it right, away matches stream them, home games do all you can to get to them :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I think you have it right, away matches stream them, home games do all you can to get to them :)

I have been going to home games for 70+ years and both home and away for about 50 until about 5 years ago. The need to be at the ground has now gone and I am sure that I will get enjoymenmt out of sitting at home in the warm in my armchair rather than the drag to get to The Amex. The only unfull filled game is one away in Europe if we ever get there, the rest I have been to and seen. Should we ever get to Europe wife has said she will either drive me or fly to get me there.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

When you get to a certain age like BG not everyone wants to go out to every game.
Some people don’t live within driving distance of Brighton
So please remember that not everyone is young enough or able enough to get to every home game.

At the moment I drive 120 miles each way but there will come a time when I will have to give that up.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
4K will only work on the legitimate apps ie BBC iPlayer etc then of course you will also need a 4K TV
So in reality to watch the fottie you don’t need 4k

Ok thanks.. Cabinet unit is due Tuesday when I will go out and buy both a new TV and Firestick and be back in touch later in the week when it is all installed. and working, hopefully before Watford game.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I have been going to home games for 70+ years and both home and away for about 50 until about 5 years ago. The need to be at the ground has now gone and I am sure that I will get enjoymenmt out of sitting at home in the warm in my armchair rather than the drag to get to The Amex. The only unfull filled game is one away in Europe if we ever get there, the rest I have been to and seen. Should we ever get to Europe wife has said she will either drive me or fly to get me there.

I hear you BG, but honestly as Big a fan as you are, I think you will miss going dreadfully

While health permits I'm not sure I could give up that live experience. But everyone is different.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here