Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] TV and Box etc.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Dont think that will work as the restrictions on what you can watch are by your IP address not the device. So if your outside the UK using a UK bought stick it will still have an IP address not in the UK. I think BBC have also caught onto the whole vpn thing as i was abroad last year and couldnt use my firestick and Iplayer even with a UK VPN IP address.

The VPN is on the servers so yes you can view abroad.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
My supplier says yes, because of the VPNS on the server. I have used my firestick as far away as Cuba and its always worked.....PS OPTUS sports has just been added to the service here.on firestick...very clear and no buffering.

My supplier will give you a six hour free trial so you can be sure BBC will work if you are interested ? PM me if you are

Are Firesticks better value than Chromecast?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Cheers, have lost all of the apps of our TV, ITVPlayer etc..
So was contemplating on what to do next.

A firestick will come with all the standard Apps installed, All you will need to do is follow a few steps and install the IPTV app.......even you can do it Mr S!!
when installed you will just see a normal programme guide with channels in folders....and of course its not just fottie its every UK channel plus movies and PPV chanels

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
A firestick will come with all the standard Apps installed, All you will need to do is follow a few steps and install the IPTV app.......even you can do it Mr S!!
when installed you will just see a normal programme guide with channels in folders....and of course its not just fottie its every UK channel plus movies and PPV chanels

Cheers Mr W, I like a bit of fottie :D

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
When I got my 4k Firestick I put a Diggz' build on it.
I had no idea what it was, what the end result would be, but the fella explaining it kept it nice and simple, so I went with it.

Diggz build still good? Do you need to often update it and enter new URLS for the repos?

I got fed up with Kodi a few years ago having to keep updating repos and all that as they got closed down but have a firestick literally doing nothing I might have a go with.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Diggz build still good? Do you need to often update it and enter new URLS for the repos?

I got fed up with Kodi a few years ago having to keep updating repos and all that as they got closed down but have a firestick literally doing nothing I might have a go with.

Kodi is outdated and to much hassle, each service keeps getting blocked, I gave up on it about 3 years ago.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
\

About when I gave up too I reckon.
I haven't needed to touch Diggz in the 3 months I've had it.

That said I think the build set up tutorial, I followed on Youtube, was brand new.

It's been a absolute revelation.

Previously I just had individual repo's, Numbers, Neptune, Redbox, et al.

So to have everything in the same build feels like going from cave paintings to 5k.
(Hence my oversensitive frustration when constantly being told 'its rubbish, or in this case, 'ive got it I just don't use it')

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As a follow up - it's on BeInSport HD2 tonight......

I assume that people like me cannot just go onto Bein Sports to watch it without a firestick or whatever.

Looking at TVs I notice a lot now do not have scart lead connection for me to connect my recorder box to it but assume you can connect a scart lead via a converter to the HDMI ports.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
I assume that people like me cannot just go onto Bein Sports to watch it without a firestick or whatever.

Looking at TVs I notice a lot now do not have scart lead connection for me to connect my recorder box to it but assume you can connect a scart lead via a converter to the HDMI ports.

Correct, as has been pointed out many times, not just be me, you need a 'jailbroken' Firestick. As long as your TV has HDMI sockets there is no need to buy a new one. The Firestick converts your existing to a 'smart' TV. As regards 'jailbreaking a Firestick send a PM when you are all set up.

Adaptors are available scart to HDMI.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I haven't needed to touch Diggz in the 3 months I've had it.

That said I think the build set up tutorial, I followed on Youtube, was brand new.

It's been a absolute revelation.

Previously I just had individual repo's, Numbers, Neptune, Redbox, et al.

So to have everything in the same build feels like going from cave paintings to 5k.
(Hence my oversensitive frustration when constantly being told 'its rubbish, or in this case, 'ive got it I just don't use it')

Cheers for the heads up. Hadn't heard of Diggz and took the plunge to reset my Kodi and install Diggz. Very simple to do and looks promising.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Correct, as has been pointed out many times, not just be me, you need a 'jailbroken' Firestick. As long as your TV has HDMI sockets there is no need to buy a new one. The Firestick converts your existing to a 'smart' TV. As regards 'jailbreaking a Firestick send a PM when you are all set up.

Adaptors are available scart to HDMI.

As I have pointed out in previous posts my TV does not have HDMI, it does but they are broken, so will be buying a new TV and was reading all the specs etc. As regards the adaptor I notice on ebay they all say that they will not work HDMI to scart only scart to hdmi, obviously depending on which one you get to go which way but they will only go one way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here