Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Turkish referee punched to the ground by club president

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Awful. The football authorities need to take firm action. Huge fine and relegate to non league should hopefully stop and copycat behaviour
And burn down Constantinople

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
You are part of the problem with lack of respect for officials. "You`d love it if an English idiot bricked an opposition manager through a bus and punched a ref". FFS
That's not what I was saying. I was making a comment on how the entirety of the Premier League and probably league football would be shut down for months if someone did that. Yet this happens a lot in Europe and no one bats an eyelid because they aren't English hooligans.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Listen to haaland scream in the refs face here, how is this acceptable?

Ref made an error, this is just a disgraceful reaction.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

In the heat of the moment, in a sport contested at the very top level by ultra-competitive, elite players, I can understand Haaland's immediate reaction and frustration. That isn't saying I think it is acceptable or should go unchallenged, but I can see how it happened.

However, he then went home, found a clip of the incident, posted it on his SM and added the caption "Wtf." For me, that is completely unnecessary, unprofessional undermines refs and needs to be sanctioned. He needs to learn to just leave stuff like that on the pitch and understand that as massively high profile PL player, his actions can have unpleasant and unforeseen consequences. (Or good ones, if he chooses to use his SM positively).

If I had been the ref I would have posted a clip of Haaland missing that open goal from 12 yards in the same game and put that up on SM with the caption "Wtf." Which is just one of the very many reasons why I'm not a ref. Probably.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

if the refs started actually punishing decent and abuse, might cut out this sort of behaviour. ( though not make stupid calls would also help. )

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Good to see, in light of the recent events in Turkey, the whole 'respect' movement being, er respected, with people near me berating the lino for giving the right decision (they obviously thought it was the wrong one) and the ref being called a "nonce".

What a time to be alive :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here