Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Turkish referee punched to the ground by club president

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
View attachment 171140

Nothing about this screams panto villain, it's someone unhinged screaming into the refs face.

He didn't get a ban for this either.

I agree, most wouldn't dream of attacking a ref, but there is mentalists out there who believe it's all an agenda to get to their club as some great conspiracy, we've seen weirdos claim that on here.
Yeah. My opinion is changing as I get better acquainted with the facts. Thanks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But they are relegated on the back of one game.
Gotta wonder how many fully qualified refs there are knocking about if we can just have a weekly wholesale clearout.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Only a matter of time till some clown that his hyped up by the bile and nonsense spouted by Klopp/Arteta and the idiots that cry corruption do this to a ref in the UK
How about a certain Brighton manager? Roberto didn’t have to say what he said about referees either. He’s a role model, and there are thousands of kids out there who will have heard that.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Crikey.

I am not a supporter of Arsenal or Liverpool, but I am quite relaxed by Clippety and Captain Black. What they blither on about in post match interviews is simply panto at worst, and 'sorry I wasn't listening' at best. 'Bile'? Gosh.

If you are contemplating the assault of another team's manager then it may be time to give your head a wobble, and make yourself a nice hot cup of tea and a lovely buttered scone* :shrug:

*pronounced to rhyme with 'gone'.
You might be relaxed about it, and be able to ignore it, but the abuse all feeds into the belief held by many that refs are corrupt incompetents, and (for a few hotheads) fair game for abuse and physical assault.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Picture this. A minute after the final whistle in our draw against Boro leading to another season in the Championship…

If Bloom scampered on to the pitch, took a run and leap at Mike Dean and punched his arrogant lights out, it’s probable that I’d find it in my heart to forgive him.
No.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
[Koca] is quoted by news agencies in Turkey as saying he does not accept responsibility, adding: "This incident developed due to the wrong decisions and provocative behaviour of the referee. My aim was to react verbally to the referee and spit in his face."

What an absolute cowardly c*** this guy is. "The decisions on the pitch made my fist make contact with his face. I didn't mean to assualt him that way, I meant to assualt him by spitting in his face"
Alternatively....

"Koca later issued a statement via Ankaragucu saying he had resigned as club president and apologising for his actions.

"No matter how great an injustice or how wrong [the officiating] was, nothing can legitimise or explain the violence that I perpetrated," he said.

"I apologise to the Turkish refereeing community, the sports public and our nation."

He added he felt "great embarrassment" for the "grave incident that I caused" but hoped it could help Turkish football address its "culture of violence"."

Either or both. Who knows.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Alternatively....

"Koca later issued a statement via Ankaragucu saying he had resigned as club president and apologising for his actions.

"No matter how great an injustice or how wrong [the officiating] was, nothing can legitimise or explain the violence that I perpetrated," he said.

"I apologise to the Turkish refereeing community, the sports public and our nation."

He added he felt "great embarrassment" for the "grave incident that I caused" but hoped it could help Turkish football address its "culture of violence"."

Either or both. Who knows.

Starts off his "apology" with another dig at the officiating. Doesn't seem too genuine, does it?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
View attachment 171140

Nothing about this screams panto villain, it's someone unhinged screaming into the refs face.

He didn't get a ban for this either.

I agree, most wouldn't dream of attacking a ref, but there is mentalists out there who believe it's all an agenda to get to their club as some great conspiracy, we've seen weirdos claim that on here.
Screenshot 2023-12-12 203101.png

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Yet French teams get away with bottling opposition managers through a bus window

It's all bullshit. Governments don't care. Football brings in money. Nothing will happen apart from a few teams having to play behind closed doors for a bit, then the doors open and it will happen again and all the while, those teams and leagues will be able to take part in Europe

I'd love if an English idiot bricked an opposition manager through a bus and punched a ref. See what happens to us then. Might be more than a government intervention

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Yet French teams get away with bottling opposition managers through a bus window

It's all bullshit. Governments don't care. Football brings in money. Nothing will happen apart from a few teams having to play behind closed doors for a bit, then the doors open and it will happen again and all the while, those teams and leagues will be able to take part in Europe

I'd love if an English idiot bricked an opposition manager through a bus and punched a ref. See what happens to us then. Might be more than a government intervention

You are part of the problem with lack of respect for officials. "You`d love it if an English idiot bricked an opposition manager through a bus and punched a ref". FFS

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Violence against officials has happened for years, around the world. In the 80s, a Kuwaiti player thumped a ref after being sent off. He was given a life ban by FIFA. I seem to recall a player assaulted a ref during an Olympic group stage match at Rio or London. Grassroots refs have been left with broken jaws and needing Hep tests after being spat on. And it's not confined to football either. There needs to be a greater deterrence, but even increasing punishments won't completely wipe out the scummy behaviour. When the red mist falls, a violent player will just react. No justification at all...it's just a sad, sad fact.

I'm surprised referees don't call a general strike here in the UK. They have union representation, and a strong case for taking action. Maybe they know they'd get less than a warm welcome on the picket line. Either that or they're just masochists... who can say?

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
  • Haha
Reactions: cjd

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Starts off his "apology" with another dig at the officiating. Doesn't seem too genuine, does it?
It does sound like an insincere PR generated sound-bite, with added victim blaming.

"Not me guv"

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oohhhh you and I have a problem here mister. Come on, let's take this outside...
There was a moment. But now it's gone. (its scone. Geddit? ???) :wink:

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Awful. The football authorities need to take firm action. Huge fine and relegate to non league should hopefully stop and copycat behaviour

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here