Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pretty sure the US military has some thing that can block radio signals or some kind of EMP that can scramble their electrics.

Won't someone think of the Gorgonites?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
40 years ago is 1981.

a) It's an old interview. One version of it was uploaded to youtube back in 2014, 40 years prior to that was 1974, but I'm not sure if it is even older and just uploaded then). Also...
b) I strongly suspect it wasn't intended as an exact precise accurately recorded number. How many times have you referred to a film or song or tv show from a couple of years ago only to realise it was 15 years ago?
c) It was an overnight switch, while it was heavily inspired by civil rights laws in the mid 60s, that gradual change would easily bleed into the 70s.

EDIT:

Here's the 2014 upload
https://youtu.be/kWrBHXemxTk

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
c) It was an overnight switch, while it was heavily inspired by civil rights laws in the mid 60s, that gradual change would easily bleed into the 70s.

Gah, too late to edit further, hopefully it's obvious that should read 'It wasn't an overnight switch'

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
100% this. They're a bunch of posturing cowards. You can guarantee that if the level of security around the Capitol had been the same as for the BLM march, not one of those pricks would have gone anywhere near!

They're thick as mince but not so thick to realise that if they start shooting, they're going to die.

As someone said about the Michigan morons (who postured and then went home) "they're bringing guns to a drone fight".

They'd last about 10s against the big boys, and they know it.

You do wonder how many of those that stormed the building thought that they would be arrested. I expect most thought they would be viewed as heroes and have their 5 minutes of fame on some news channel. They would then go home and be the local celeb, getting free drinks in the local bar. It is now dawning on them that they are criminals and will, in many cases, see the inside of a prison. No more job, no more Monday night football, no more sitting down with the family, no more fishing/hunting, no more bbq’s. All they will have to look forward to is daily meetings with mr. big in the showers.

So far it has, to a certain extent, been a game. Dressing up as soldiers and posing with automatic weapons knowing that chance of ever using them was so small as to be non existent. The ultimate in bullshit. I found it amusing that in Portland the anti Trump brigade basically ignored that they had weapons. They new that they did it have the bollocks to use them.

However now it’s moved to another level. If you bring a weapon to one of the demo’s and give the impression that you will use it then it will not end well. A prison sentence awaits anyone acting like a dick. As far as law enforcement is concerned, two of their fellow officers died because of the actions of these wankers and that will not bode well. They will also be acutely aware of the charges of inaction at Capital Hill and will won’t to ensure that they are not accused of similar incompetence. The 50 state buildings will be heavily policed.

Finally, There is a massive difference between firing rounds off at the local range and actually using the weapon on another human being.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Pretty sure the US military has some thing that can block radio signals or some kind of EMP that can scramble their electrics.

So is that why Trump isn't attending the inauguration - as people might see the sparks coming out of his head? I wonder where they've hidden the body.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If those arrested at the Capitol rally/ riot are convicted of a felony, rather than the misdemeanours they have so far been charged with, if found guilty, they will never be allowed to ‘bear arms’ again.
Some states also restrict the right to vote for those with felony convictions.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If those arrested at the Capitol rally/ riot are convicted of a felony, rather than the misdemeanours they have so far been charged with, if found guilty, they will never be allowed to ‘bear arms’ again.
It's all good fun until someone is designated as a terrorist.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

I wouldn't mind betting that many of them are so far off the scale they've never voted for anyone before Trump!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wouldn't mind betting that many of them are so far off the scale they've never voted for anyone before Trump!!
I wonder how many voted for Obama. :lol: :wink:

In other news

[tweet]1349014482010439685[/tweet]

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
You do wonder how many of those that stormed the building thought that they would be arrested. I expect most thought they would be viewed as heroes and have their 5 minutes of fame on some news channel. They would then go home and be the local celeb, getting free drinks in the local bar. It is now dawning on them that they are criminals and will, in many cases, see the inside of a prison. No more job, no more Monday night football, no more sitting down with the family, no more fishing/hunting, no more bbq’s. All they will have to look forward to is daily meetings with mr. big in the showers.

So far it has, to a certain extent, been a game. Dressing up as soldiers and posing with automatic weapons knowing that chance of ever using them was so small as to be non existent. The ultimate in bullshit. I found it amusing that in Portland the anti Trump brigade basically ignored that they had weapons. They new that they did it have the bollocks to use them.

However now it’s moved to another level. If you bring a weapon to one of the demo’s and give the impression that you will use it then it will not end well. A prison sentence awaits anyone acting like a dick. As far as law enforcement is concerned, two of their fellow officers died because of the actions of these wankers and that will not bode well. They will also be acutely aware of the charges of inaction at Capital Hill and will won’t to ensure that they are not accused of similar incompetence. The 50 state buildings will be heavily policed.

Finally, There is a massive difference between firing rounds off at the local range and actually using the weapon on another human being.

I suspect that as Trump said he’d join them on the march, they believed him and that this would provide immunity from any consequences. Trump then bottled it and left the rest of the idiots to carry on and, as it hopefully turns out, carry the can.
Whatever happens America needs to make sure that he can’t be re-elected.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
[tweet]1349014482010439685[/tweet]

tguZ3fL.gif

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I suspect that as Trump said he’d join them on the march, they believed him and that this would provide immunity from any consequences. Trump then bottled it and left the rest of the idiots to carry on and, as it hopefully turns out, carry the can.

At no point was Trump ever going to join them on the march. He'd been told in advance by his security that he wouldn't be allowed to and he knew, before he made the speech, that he was going to jump in a car and go straight back to the White House. He didn't bottle it, he lied to his own supporters.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This would be absolutely insane.

Can't be true. Even Trumpski wouldn't go this far ?

[tweet]1348870850448138241[/tweet]

[tweet]1348870851987431425[/tweet]

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

wait, so its all a ploy for Texas to secede from the US? clever. :moo:

( i dont believe Trump has the wit or organisation to plan anything close to this audacious. )

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

[tweet]1348870850448138241[/tweet]

[tweet]1348870851987431425[/tweet]

He is actually going to The Alamo ! Could it be, he wants to form small band of heroes and hold out against the tyranny of an embarrassing election failure ?..... Rally to the flag boys ! He's just said that his " speech " last week was " Entirely Appropriate " so, no backing down in the face of reality then... invoke the 25TH !

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

You've got to feel a little sorry for Trump's Proud Boys.

Trump has been egging them on for months, having them on standby. They then travel all over the country to do his bidding and violently attack the Capitol.

But, when it gets a bit too messy Trump tells them all to go home peacefully, and that they were completely wrong and will face the full force of the law. Then they start getting arrested all over the country.

:lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well there's nothing the average Texan wants more than to leave the US.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When Texas was ****ing hot and the oil capital of the world, it was the state ... now it’s just ****ing hot. Delusions of grandeur.

As said earlier, completely unaware of this latest wrinkle:-

"Don't mess with Texas".

Texas is America's Yorkshire, only warmer and easier to understand. :lol:

I was on a bus in Austin. (I think)
A gaggle of old dears latched onto me, we passed a version of the White House.
"It's 6ft higher than the one in Washington".

Completely sums up Texas and Texans in 8 words!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here