Trump

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
what was criminal was Trump's overreach of authority to demand companies were barred in the first place due to racial prejudice. they had complied with regulations to list, there was no reason to delist them.

Racial prejudice? You're not serious are you?

This was hitting back at China for their years of unchecked intellectual property theft. They are a bunch of corrupt thieves on the worlds largest scale.

That's not just a US issue though. They just chose to hit back against their practices.

Do Chinese companies have to hand over their intellectual properties to the US?

Because this is how China operates:

Professor Austin said some of China's lawful business practices are a more concerning problem.

"The bigger policy issue that the US Government put on the agenda in a special report in March this year … was the Chinese policy of pressuring foreign corporations investing in China to hand over their intellectual property … under Chinese law," he said.

Look at how China has reacted to Australia standing up to them over multiple issues regarding covid and an investigation. And yet there's still people that defend China?

**** me.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

This was hitting back at China for their years of unchecked intellectual property theft. They are a bunch of corrupt thieves on the worlds largest scale.

im sure they do. shame Trump didnt mention that as a reason in the executive order, just "China bad". no banning companies that contribute to other nation's military, just China.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/presiden...finance-communist-chinese-military-companies/

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
im sure they do. shame Trump didnt mention that as a reason in the executive order, just "China bad". no banning companies that contribute to other nation's military, just China.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/presiden...finance-communist-chinese-military-companies/

China is bad, in many, many ways. Maybe you don't see it so much being in Europe but in this region they are cancerous.

Japan is ramping up it's military spending as is South Korea to a lesser degree because they feel the threat growing.

The soon the world can wean itself off China and make other nations their trading partners instead the better chance to get China to play fairer and be far more acocuntable.

As it is now they just do whatever they want with no consequences because they have so many lap dogs around the world in their pockets.

Australia was the first nation to call for an independent inquiry into how the coronavirus started.

That drew furious condemnation from Beijing, which accused Australia of launching a political attack on China. But international support for the idea has been steadily growing.

The world needs to grow some balls and stand up to the turds, starting with a united front on getting to the bottom of China's role in the spread of such a deadly and costly virus..

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Are you still so deluded you can't see the hand they have played in this from before Trump was even sworn in?

Tulsi Gabbard says the Republicans, Democrats, MSM and Social Media have all played large roles in creating what has come to be.

She's got far more insight into what unfolded than you or I have.

In your eyes no doubt she's one of those "usual conservative rent a gobs".

I'd really love to know though, what's wrong with hating the Democrats? They aren't good people either so shouldn't be any issue with hating them yes?

The only reason she has ‘insight’ is because you agree with her. If you didn’t she be just another one of those evil idiots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
China is bad, in many, many ways. Maybe you don't see it so much being in Europe but in this region they are cancerous.

funny thing, many accuse the US (UK and other Europeans) of the same. and maybe you could keep to your region?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Got to have been posted by a Gen Zedder. Only they would consider being banned from Instagram as just as shocking as trying to overthrow a democracy.

Nah, it's the only way to make Donald Trump the only one - Brenda Blethyn wasn't banned from Instagram after her attempt to violently overthrow the American democratic system.

I don't think it was added as a genuine piece of movie trivia.

I just checked, it's not there now. I don't know if it was a photoshop mock up and never really there or if it was quickly removed. But funny either way.

KeithDublin

Aug 23, 2019
everywhere on the news it seems to be :

"the police underestimated the attack"

"The police were simply unprepared"

It's absolute horseshit: the police knew, many wanted it to happen, and were fully complicit in it.

This wasn't a case a cultural bias or subconscious racism.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

That's not just a US issue though. They just chose to hit back against their practices.

Do Chinese companies have to hand over their intellectual properties to the US?

Because this is how China operates:

Look at how China has reacted to Australia standing up to them over multiple issues regarding covid and an investigation. And yet there's still people that defend China?

**** me.

The one and only sensible thing Trump has done during his term is to attempt to rein China in through the trade war. That in no way excuses his failed, so far, attempt to overthrow the democratic process in the US and usurp power by force. By rights, he should end up serving life without parole for that. Before you accuse me of being a left-leaning Democrat sympathiser, I can assure you I am anything but. I judge US presidents according to their performance in the job; Reagan good, Carter bad, Bush 1 mediocre, Clinton average, Bush 2 appalling, Obama reasonably good but blocked from any lasting achievement by the Senate, Trump the worst there ever was or ever will be.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
everywhere on the news it seems to be :

"the police underestimated the attack"

"The police were simply unprepared"

It's absolute horseshit: the police knew, many wanted it to happen, and were fully complicit in it.

This wasn't a case a cultural bias or subconscious racism.

It’s beyond belief that some of them were taking selfies with the rioters and guiding them in and out of the building whilst one of their number was murdered and others hospitalized. So far all that has happened seems to have been a couple of resignations at the top. Lots of questions need to be asked of the rank and file.
I also saw something on tv about that letter written to the military by all living Defence Secretaries. They need to be asked what they knew of an imminent coup attempt.

KeithDublin

Aug 23, 2019
It’s beyond belief that some of them were taking selfies with the rioters and guiding them in and out of the building whilst one of their number was murdered and others hospitalized. So far all that has happened seems to have been a couple of resignations at the top. Lots of questions need to be asked of the rank and file.
I also saw something on tv about that letter written to the military by all living Defence Secretaries. They need to be asked what they knew of an imminent coup attempt.

Well, it was hardly a bloody secret was it!

I hope people in the UK and other places, now see why BLM are asking for the US Police, in their current state, to be defunded and completely overhauled.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Just watched Trump in Tweets on iPlayer, have no time for the man but admiration for his use of marketing techniques in taking on (and destroying) opposition. The more you keep driving a simple memorable message it sticks and truth can be ignored. Took out Jed Bush (Main Republican candidate) by continuously calling him ‘low energy’ and it stuck, called Ted Cruz a ‘liar’ and it stuck, both competitors taken out of game. Hilary team just not prepared for ‘crooked’ campaign against her. All three had no justification but they all stuck, ditto ‘fake news’ ditto ‘corrupt election’. He used a technique / tool (Twitter) and it worked for him brilliantly in a highly diversified political environment.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Well, it was hardly a bloody secret was it!

I hope people in the UK and other places, now see why BLM are asking for the US Police, in their current state, to be defunded and completely overhauled.

Well, yes I suppose the attack wasn’t a secret. Quite another level to try to involve the military and if that was the plan then the current story shouldn’t be impeachment. Trump and others should be rotting in jail.
The whole ‘defund the police’campaign has been held back IMO by its name. It is simply an effort to bring US policing into line with other Western democracies with a large shift in emphasis from punishing outcomes to prevention by using public money instead to fund mental health services, tackle poverty etc. The punchy slogan is too easy for Trump types to mock and mischaracterise.

Last edited:

Just watched Trump in Tweets on iPlayer, have no time for the man but admiration for his use of marketing techniques in taking on (and destroying) opposition. The more you keep driving a simple memorable message it sticks and truth can be ignored. Took out Jed Bush (Main Republican candidate) by continuously calling him ‘low energy’ and it stuck, called Ted Cruz a ‘liar’ and it stuck, both competitors taken out of game. Hilary team just not prepared for ‘crooked’ campaign against her. All three had no justification but they all stuck, ditto ‘fake news’ ditto ‘corrupt election’. He used a technique / tool (Twitter) and it worked for him brilliantly in a highly diversified political environment.

But it failed miserably against Biden. Too many Americans had cottoned on by then and judged his real performance.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

But it failed miserably against Biden. Too many Americans had cottoned on by then and judged his real performance.

Beat me to it but I'll add anyway.

Sleepy Joe was a marketing failure. A failed slogan from a failed evil, vile, Orange bungle****. Maybe it failed because he told the truth this time?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Lovely understated stuff from Adam Boulton here.

[tweet]1347593039238344706[/tweet]

That's marvellous. I'm off to check out the full i/v!

She's been on before, the go-to Trump nutjob for Sky TV.

I get the impression the journalists really hate interviewing her and I'd be the same.

Really? I would LOVE to say a few words to her and watch her go off on one.

For people who don't understand why interviewers/journalists ask basic/obvious questions, this clip is a fantastic example – twice. All she had to do was give a simple, straightforward answer – and yet both times she made it all about herself. The second time, her words were spat almost with fire she was so raging :lolol:

TV gold right there!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports