Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Remember the Democrats claimed Trump was the most dangerous man in the world yet they then overwhelmingly voted for a 733 billion dollar military budget for the supposed unhinged and dangerous man.

Why would you do that if you held such fears unless you looked to benefit from it.

As did some republicans ..... otherwise it wouldn't have got through.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Jesus wept sidders. No, no he didn't and no he wasn't "stitched up"!!!

He's a total ****ing c**t with absolutely no redeeming features and he has only ever done anything that he thinks will benefit HIM.

The "oh they're all the same" crap spouted by the likes of Tyrone is very, very dangerous. It allows the likes of Trump and Johnson to come to power by manipulation of the hard of thinking. Both of whom are pure evil, wrapped up in a different covering of lies.

The "next flare up in the Middle East"? Like nothing has been going badly there for the past 4 years????? I guess there might be a few people in (or who used to be in) Syria, Yemen etc etc who would disagree.

Try Googling that mate.

Oh and Tyrone is a moron. He thinks he has some deeper knowledge than everyone else and yet he's completely wrong about almost everything. Watching YouTube videos and then telling everyone else that they're wrong is for badly educated 12 year olds. Not grown men.

well aware of yemen and syria situation ......that is putins little project i have 3 yemeni mates here whose family are still in Aden and Sana'a......it s nothing more than a disgusting land grab and rarely reported on by msm.....i'm not a fan of Trump at all but i firmly believe they are all as bad as each other , the fact that he ever got the job was mind numbing but what has happened in his 4 year term in office is bloody ridiculous .......HNY BTW

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Jesus wept sidders. No, no he didn't and no he wasn't "stitched up"!!!

He's a total ****ing c**t with absolutely no redeeming features and he has only ever done anything that he thinks will benefit HIM.

The "oh they're all the same" crap spouted by the likes of Tyrone is very, very dangerous. It allows the likes of Trump and Johnson to come to power by manipulation of the hard of thinking. Both of whom are pure evil, wrapped up in a different covering of lies.

The "next flare up in the Middle East"? Like nothing has been going badly there for the past 4 years????? I guess there might be a few people in (or who used to be in) Syria, Yemen etc etc who would disagree.

Try Googling that mate.

Oh and Tyrone is a moron. He thinks he has some deeper knowledge than everyone else and yet he's completely wrong about almost everything. Watching YouTube videos and then telling everyone else that they're wrong is for badly educated 12 year olds. Not grown men.

Glen Greenwalds credentials are far above you or I for informed content and research. That's who I get much of my information from.

So come on big man, you're always the internet hero throwing out insults, put up or shut up, where are you getting your information from? Seeing you know so much more than Glen Greenwald does you must be super informed on the US.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Time get the thread back on track.

D80A0F4D-CC24-4A9B-A081-7CDB74DCE628.jpeg

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
As did some republicans ..... otherwise it wouldn't have got through.

Absolutely. They are all in on it. No disagreement there.

The only difference is the Democrats were saying one thing and yet doing something that completely contradicted their bullshit spin in the media.

Would you give someone you thought so mentally unstable and apparently dangerous that kind of power?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Glen Greenwalds credentials are far above you or I for informed content and research. That's who I get much of my information from.

So come on big man, you're always the internet hero throwing out insults, put up or shut up, where are you getting your information from? Seeing you know so much more than Glen Greenwald does you must be super informed on the US.

So you are basing your posts on the fact that some fella on the internet called Glen knows more than anyone else ? Glen is entitled to his opinion but it is no better or worse than anyone else’s. You need to make up your own mind. Perhaps use actual evidence like an attempted coup in America last week.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Just watched Trump in Tweets on iPlayer, have no time for the man but admiration for his use of marketing techniques in taking on (and destroying) opposition. The more you keep driving a simple memorable message it sticks and truth can be ignored. Took out Jed Bush (Main Republican candidate) by continuously calling him ‘low energy’ and it stuck, called Ted Cruz a ‘liar’ and it stuck, both competitors taken out of game. Hilary team just not prepared for ‘crooked’ campaign against her. All three had no justification but they all stuck, ditto ‘fake news’ ditto ‘corrupt election’. He used a technique / tool (Twitter) and it worked for him brilliantly in a highly diversified political environment.

The Tory Party broadly uses the same tools (not surprising, given their close links to the Trump machine, Steve Bannon and various "transatlantic think tanks").... "Enemies of the People"; "Take back Control"; "Get Brexit Done". If you keep pushing a simple (simplistic) message with a short catch-phrase it can be surprisingly effective.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The Tory Party broadly uses the same tools (not surprising, given their close links to the Trump machine, Steve Bannon and various "transatlantic think tanks").... "Enemies of the People"; "Take back Control"; "Get Brexit Done". If you keep pushing a simple (simplistic) message with a short catch-phrase it can be surprisingly effective.

It is effective.

A pretty damning indictment of the electorate in both countries

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
So you are basing your posts on the fact that some fella on the internet called Glen knows more than anyone else ? Glen is entitled to his opinion but it is no better or worse than anyone else’s. You need to make up your own mind. Perhaps use actual evidence like an attempted coup in America last week.

Some fella on the internet?

Maybe you should actually not be lazy and read up on him. His opinion is worth more than you or I because he actually does a lot of in depth investigating. Something you or I do not have the resources to do. This is the guy who Edward Snowden contacted first to try and get his story out there.

So not just some fella on the internet.

As part of the global surveillance disclosure, the first of Snowden's documents were published on June 5, 2013, in The Guardian in an article by Greenwald. Greenwald said that Snowden's documents exposed the "scale of domestic surveillance under Obama".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Greenwald

Surely you don't you have a problem with a writer who is all about exposing corruption in Governments as his primary goal? Regardless if they are blue or red.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I actually think the last week has been the best thing that could have happened.

Trump has now, in effect accepted defeat so the chances of him trying to run some sort of militia led government in exile have gone.

Trumpism has been highly damaged. The image of the all conquering electoral force is gone. He's lost them all three key seats of power

Every future Dem election literature in now already done. Vote GOP get this, (the bloke walking off with the podium)

He has a very real chance of being indicted for the Georgia phone call and the rabble rousing speech. So does Guiliani.

GOP in disarray and will be split as to whether to go with Trumpists or the vaguely sane (Rubio etc)

Dems should now have a chance to build for the future with a decent VP looking to take the reins after the next election, should be able to get some stuff through congress as well

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Some fella on the internet?

Maybe you should actually not be lazy and read up on him. His opinion is worth more than you or I because he actually does a lot of in depth investigating. Something you or I do not have the resources to do. This is the guy who Edward Snowden contacted first to try and get his story out there.

So not just some fella on the internet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Greenwald

Surely you don't you have a problem with a writer who is all about exposing corruption in Governments as his primary goal? Regardless if they are bleu or red.

No, I don’t have a problem with him. Well, I don’t like his delivery much. Sounds like a breathless teenager. I am glad to hear he does a lot of ‘in depth investigating’ but I don’t think his opinion is worth more than yours or mine. I want to hear what you think Tyrone and perhaps the best way for you to come up with something is to stop being so impressed by fellas on the internet called Glen.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I am pretty fearful of another, worse armed insurrection on inauguration day. Hopefully it would be met with overwhelming force next time.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
No, I don’t have a problem with him. Well, I don’t like his delivery much. Sounds like a breathless teenager. I am glad to hear he does a lot of ‘in depth investigating’ but I don’t think his opinion is worth more than yours or mine. I want to hear what you think Tyrone and perhaps the best way for you to come up with something is to stop being so impressed by fellas on the internet called Glen.

What a strange post.

He does a lot of investigative research and has contacts to far more informed people yet his opinion isn't worth more than two people who don't have his experience, history and insights?

Did you grow up in an era where investigative journalists didn't exist?

Not sure where you get the idea that his work is simply "opinion". He was part of a Pulitzer Prize for his work with Snowden.

His work with Snowden was the basis for the Academy Award winning Documentary Citizenfour.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Absolutely. They are all in on it. No disagreement there.

The only difference is the Democrats were saying one thing and yet doing something that completely contradicted their bullshit spin in the media.

Would you give someone you thought so mentally unstable and apparently dangerous that kind of power?

You would be a moron to force a government shutdown and non-funding of your military regardless of the CiC. Of course your hero has in the past done exactly that.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Seems some of the domestic terrorists are finding themselves on 'no fly' lists.

[tweet]1348415203092951043[/tweet]

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You would be a moron to force a government shutdown and non-funding of your military regardless of the CiC. Of course your hero has in the past done exactly that.

No you'd be a moron not to challenge such a person if you truly believed what you stated was true.

See they didn't just fund it, they raised the amount by around 21 billion.

So it's not a question of no fund, its the visual of increasing it rather than keep a status quo.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Just watched Trump in Tweets on iPlayer, have no time for the man but admiration for his use of marketing techniques in taking on (and destroying) opposition. The more you keep driving a simple memorable message it sticks and truth can be ignored. Took out Jed Bush (Main Republican candidate) by continuously calling him ‘low energy’ and it stuck, called Ted Cruz a ‘liar’ and it stuck, both competitors taken out of game. Hilary team just not prepared for ‘crooked’ campaign against her. All three had no justification but they all stuck, ditto ‘fake news’ ditto ‘corrupt election’. He used a technique / tool (Twitter) and it worked for him brilliantly in a highly diversified political environment.

Literally the only thing I think Trump is good at (and it might be someone else coming up with them for him) is his ability to come up with names for his opponents. Crooked Hilary, Sleepy Joe, Rocket Man (brilliant), Sloppy Steve. I have to admit, simple but effective.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here