Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
So when faced with facts, the best thing to do is to get angry about them, shoot yourself in the foot and then wait for them to happen anyway? I'm not sure I understand that logic. In fact it sounds like total madness. By that logic, if the remain campaign had been based on lying about everything, it would have been successful. When did telling the truth become wrong?

I agree it was a shit campaign by the way, not assisted by the liars (Leaver) Corbyn and (Remainer) Johnson both doing everything through gritted teeth, purely for their own future benefit........

And this isn't just about Brexit as I'm definitely not getting into that, just the argument for voting a certain way that you've just described and it happens to fit a model.

Interesting that there (again, as you've described) IS the perfect parallel with so many of those who voted for Trump. Never mind the facts, they're not working for us let's "give the establishment a kick". We'll vote for something "totally different" because it has slogans, not facts....had enough of those eh Michael!

"Take Back Control"

"Make America Great Again"

Neither mean or meant anything.

Not forgetting that Farage, Trump et al aren't just the establishment by birth and inheritance, they're also shit gangsters who only care about themselves (Johnson not included as he's just a serial bullshitter who'd be inside for defrauding pensioners and cancer victims if he hadn't been born into privilege).

Anyway, at least that attitude (get angry because don't like facts, vote for what shouty rich man says) has worked out well for everyone so far on both sides of the pond.

YAY! :clap2:

At least the Americans had the chance to correct their error at the ballot box 4 years later

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Abramson currently doing a deep dive into Trumps pre-insurrection speech ( linked thread not finished yet ).

Shocking.

[tweet]1347908845281095680[/tweet]

Difficult to find a plausible denial to that.

Is the speech still available anywhere?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
twitter c.jpg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Difficult to find a plausible denial to that.

Is the speech still available anywhere?

I saw the entire speech and didn't feel there was any incitement to violence at the time. I certainly didn't envisage what was coming.

I remember being a little surprised about how short he spoke for given that some of them had travelled as far as they had.

Edit: Looking at the speech again I'm a little shocked about how my faith in humanity is so blind...

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Such an intelligent insightful politician. One of the few US politicians who called out both sides and the system.

Welcome back Tyrone, our very own Mayor Rudy! I think you are going to be quite busy on here for the next 10 days or so, you have an awful amount of " Whataboutary" to type up. [emoji6]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Biden will be gone within 6 months .....i reckon its a banker.

Won't that be a marvellous turnaround then ? Six months between Donald Trump and Kamala Harris's presidency, how the Good 'o[ Boys will howl ! The Q-Anon screwballs will be self combusting ! I can't wait !

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Remember when Govie met Trump with Murdoch in the room...

A whole bunch of Tories now distancing themselves from the Trump, but history will never lie...

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...hrilled-to-be-close-to-trump-now-see-them-run

You’re right but where does it end ? Blair tried an ‘ethical foreign policy’ which led to several wars. Governments sometimes have to deal with unsavory foreign leaders for reasons of trade etc. China is a good example. That aside it is probably fair to say that the likes of Gove were more inclined to give Trump leeway than they would be China.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No way. If you research the history of humans you will find that pretty much every culture that existed at every stage was ruled by men. Thousands of societys that had never met, with great differences when it came to a lot of things, but all - with very, very few exceptions - ruled by men. Thats not something that happens randomly... its clearly biological, built into our species rather than a result of "conditioning" because otherwise we would have found a lot of proof for women ruling at least a dozen old cultures. The only society we know that worshipped females and allowed feminity to "rule" was Minoan Crete a couple of thousands years B.C.

Boudica wants a word with you. As does Queen Elizabeth the 1st and Queen Victoria. Queen Anne can't make the zoom call as she's partying with that minx Mrs Thatcher.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If the list starts in the middle ages AND struggles to get to double figures, including hereditary positions, I'm not sure what the point is you're trying to make.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Won't that be a marvellous turnaround then ? Six months between Donald Trump and Kamala Harris's presidency, how the Good 'o[ Boys will howl ! The Q-Anon screwballs will be self combusting ! I can't wait !

I should think that has already started after a black man and a Jewish man were victorious in the Georgia Senate run offs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here