Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

It seems to me that the default position for all the nut jobs is "I/a close relative/ was or is/ served in one of the armed forces/saw active service/shot someone (may or may not have been a combatant)/and I pay my taxes and for everything I own.

We will surely try to re-negotiate the terms of trade - but we'll not be close to re-joining in my lifetime. Like Switzerland, a few rounds of negotiation with a tougher, more powerful EU (despite us having all the cards) will not make the country more pre-EU. And we definitely won't be able to cherry pick the single market.

As most of us know - it will all have been a singularly expensive, pointless, waste of time.

Surely if had been "stolen" one or more of those involved would have pangs of guilt as to how it has turned out and would stand up and say "...yes it was stolen and this is how we did it". Presumably they are all too shy to say so.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
These people wont ever go away, they're going underground. Trump junior has already asked for contact details of all their supporters incase he gets silenced too. I still think some horrible times lay ahead. There's 70million people we cant simply brush off as nutters unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
His support base seems genuinely bonkers.
The problem is his support base isn't.

The support base we're shown are nutters, loud and proud, stark raving mad, loons, every man jack one of them.

I think it's been mentioned, somewhere, I can't remember by whom, but 75,000,000 did actually vote for the Donster just 2 months ago.

I'll Eden a guess a high number of those would vote for him again, in 2 months time.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
These people wont ever go away, they're going underground. Trump junior has already asked for contact details of all their supporters incase he gets silenced too. I still think some horrible times lay ahead. There's 70million people we cant simply brush off as nutters unfortunately.

Computer hacking (no idea by whom) and some very advanced brainwashing been going on? It's a better conspiracy theory than any of the ones they believe in anyway! Sadly, if 70 million people have been brainwashed, to all intents and purposes they are nutters. With guns. Unless or until they can be de-programmed.

Unhappy days.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1347924770977964033[/tweet]

KeithDublin

Aug 23, 2019
The problem is his support base isn't.

The support base we're shown are nutters, loud and proud, stark raving mad, loons, every man jack one of them.

I think it's been mentioned, somewhere, I can't remember by whom, but 75,000,000 did actually vote for the Donster just 2 months ago.

I'll Eden a guess a high number of those would vote for him again, in 2 months time.

Nail on the head. This by far is the most worrying thing about this whole debacle. 75 million people watched the car crash of the last 5 years, and thought 'yep, this is fine'. IHe really didn't lose many of the traditional republican voters, which showed you just how stupid the democrats were in trying to target them.

It really is impossible to tell how it's going to play out. It would be foolish to think that, now Trump has gone things will go back to normal. We have gone back to the very same politicians that helped create the environment that allowed Trump to get elected in the first place, the question is, can Biden learn from those mistakes (I highly doubt it). It'll be interesting to see what happens to the republicans.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
The first rule of storming a government building - don't wear a lanyard with your work ID displayed. The Feds are grateful to him for saving them a spot of investigating.

namebadge.capitol.jpg

namebadge2.jpg

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Given that Donald Trump made it ok for businesses not to supply same sex marriages or cakes for LGBT events if they did not agree, I’m surprised he is so offended that a business has decided they don’t want him on their platform anymore

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Even funnier is the strong belief that the election has been stolen by a top secret cabal of Communists ! How anyone could accuse Joe Biden of that is deranged ! But, sadly, the Q-anon and all the other foil hatters are all onboard despite there being only about 3,000 card carrying Communists in the USA.

The sad thing is that there need to be some kind of national de-toxification, the total repudiation of all the crank theories and lies. It's like millions of US citizens need one to one counselling over many weeks in order to slowly assuage their meaningless beliefs and fears. It's like getting you daughter back from spending six months with a branch of Scientologists, they need to be deprogrammed and it isn't going to happen because too many cranks and right wing news outlets feed off each other.

And, how many of them are fundamentalist Christian?
So many Trump ers on line have a bio that includes some kind of statement of their believe in God, the biggest most successful brainwashing project in human history.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It seems to me that the default position for all the nut jobs is "I/a close relative/ was or is/ served in one of the armed forces/saw active service/shot someone (may or may not have been a combatant)/and I pay my taxes and for everything I own.

And a strong believe in a Christian God. Gullibility must be rife in 'Merica, 75% have a strong believe in God.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
And, how many of them are fundamentalist Christian?
So many Trump ers on line have a bio that includes some kind of statement of their believe in God, the biggest most successful brainwashing project in human history.

Good point, I never really considered the Christian aspect ! The trouble with the Bible is that you can pick and choose the sections you REALLY want to believe in and ignore some of the more awkward stuff like the 10 Commandments if they oppose/conflict with your favoured choices.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Abramson currently doing a deep dive into Trumps pre-insurrection speech ( linked thread not finished yet ).

Shocking.

[tweet]1347908845281095680[/tweet]

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He can set up his own social media app to rival Twitter, something like Bullshitter would be be apt.

He loved Twitter though. I’ve got a feeling that his preference would be to return to that platform. People are saying that he’s a smart guy and he’ll find a way:

d49907293d628d8aaf03027c9137b8f2.jpg

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Nail on the head. This by far is the most worrying thing about this whole debacle. 75 million people watched the car crash of the last 5 years, and thought 'yep, this is fine'. IHe really didn't lose many of the traditional republican voters, which showed you just how stupid the democrats were in trying to target them.

It really is impossible to tell how it's going to play out. It would be foolish to think that, now Trump has gone things will go back to normal. We have gone back to the very same politicians that helped create the environment that allowed Trump to get elected in the first place, the question is, can Biden learn from those mistakes (I highly doubt it). It'll be interesting to see what happens to the republicans.

What needs to be unravelled here is how many of those voted Republican because of Trump and how many voted Trump because he was Republican

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Abramson currently doing a deep dive into Trumps pre-insurrection speech ( linked thread not finished yet ).

Shocking.

[tweet]1347908845281095680[/tweet]

I saw a excerpt of this speech, day of. Since then I haven't seen it in the media. It's bizarre (or maybe not...). They should be all over it.

This was the speech that directly incited the attempted coup.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He loved Twitter though. I’ve got a feeling that his preference would be to return to that platform. People are saying that he’s a smart guy and he’ll find a way:

d49907293d628d8aaf03027c9137b8f2.jpg

I preferred this one:

[tweet]1347694753786200064[/tweet]

I also liked:

[tweet]1347712362644598784[/tweet]

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Trump certainly uses inflammatory language to mobilise his supporters, but there's a much larger issue than just Trump and it won't go away once he leaves office. I see things getting much worse over there. "Trump is the dam, not the river" is an interesting quote I heard the other day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here