Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Stacey Abrams is a genius, what she's done in Georgia to organise the party and the get the voters registered and engaged is incredible. The Democratic party really needs to learn the lessons of what she's done in Georgia and apply it to other states to get the Democratic party firmly in the majority. It's interesting that the Senate is effectively a 50/50 tie now, Vice President-elect Harris will genuinely get something important to do when breaking ties. She could be the most significant VP in history as a result, at least for two years before the mid-terms and hopefully a more significant majority.

I had said to a friend yesterday that Reverend Raphael Warnock would beat the dire woman who was never elected and served for a year in the seat. She's a dreadful woman, but was the richest person in the Senate. Jon Ossoff seemed very 50/50 but it looks like he's getting the job done as well. Amazing.

I don't think you can overstate how important she has been. If you are a young, black American you now matter, like REALLY matter. The Republicans looking to challenge in the results in Congress today, including some likely to run in 2024, need to carefully consider their options. Imagine trying to run with all that in your recent past.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stacey Abrams is a genius, what she's done in Georgia to organise the party and the get the voters registered and engaged is incredible. The Democratic party really needs to learn the lessons of what she's done in Georgia and apply it to other states to get the Democratic party firmly in the majority. It's interesting that the Senate is effectively a 50/50 tie now, Vice President-elect Harris will genuinely get something important to do when breaking ties. She could be the most significant VP in history as a result, at least for two years before the mid-terms and hopefully a more significant majority.

I had said to a friend yesterday that Reverend Raphael Warnock would beat the dire woman who was never elected and served for a year in the seat. She's a dreadful woman, but was the richest person in the Senate. Jon Ossoff seemed very 50/50 but it looks like he's getting the job done as well. Amazing.

It's hard to imagine Harris presiding over too many 50/50 divides.

The 50 Democrats will be a lock whereas the 50 Republicans will be splintered all over the place.
Some will still be clinging onto the Trumpian Future while the sane ones will be running for the middle ground as fast as humanly possible.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Trump has 14 days to run for it else he is going inside for a very long time.

I'd love to see him stand trial to answer the multiple charges of which he is accused, but sadly I think pragmatic politics will prevail and he'll be left well alone.

To prosecute him could be seen as vindictive and a muddling of priorities. Plus given that he won a significant share of the vote, it will be an incredibly divisive side-show that would dominate the news and political agenda for years and years, at a time when the USA could really do with pulling together and moving on from Trump.

I think the Biden administration will decide that the best course of action so far as Trump is concerned will be to forget about him and let him fade into rambling obscurity at one of his golf clubs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd love to see him stand trial to answer the multiple charges of which he is accused, but sadly I think pragmatic politics will prevail and he'll be left well alone.

To prosecute him could be seen as vindictive and a muddling of priorities. Plus given that he won a significant share of the vote, it will be an incredibly divisive side-show that would dominate the news and political agenda for years and years, at a time when the USA could really do with pulling together and moving on from Trump.

I think the Biden administration will decide that the best course of action so far as Trump is concerned will be to forget about him and let him fade into rambling obscurity at one of his golf clubs.
That's gonna be tough to do when Trump TV hits the airwaves in a few months time.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
That's gonna be tough to do when Trump TV hits the airwaves in a few months time.

..... And then goes bankrupt six months later. Trump has history in failing businesses.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It's hard to imagine Harris presiding over too many 50/50 divides.

The 50 Democrats will be a lock whereas the 50 Republicans will be splintered all over the place.
Some will still be clinging onto the Trumpian Future while the sane ones will be running for the middle ground as fast as humanly possible.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't bet on this bit. The wins in Georgia should allow Biden to get his nominations through, but the likes of Joe Manchin will be a block to democratic reform that could get rid of the filibuster, re-balance the supreme court, and give statehood to DC & Puerto Rico. He has also stated that he won't vote for a Green New Deal. The progressive stuff that Elizabeth Warren has been working on with Biden's team will still be a big ask even with senate control. At the moment though, lets just enjoy the wriggling of McConnell, the horrible Machiavellian who needed one of these seats to maintain his personal stranglehold stopping the US electorate getting anything that they voted for.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I see Trump lost his 62nd court case today. He's the gift that keeps on giving, really. Can't wait to see him lose again today when Pence counts the votes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I agree. With the ever increasing signs of dementia, he could end up being locked up in a different establishment.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I see Trump lost his 62nd court case today. He's the gift that keeps on giving, really. Can't wait to see him lose again today when Pence counts the votes.

He lost that because, among other reasons, he took the wrong people to court, in the wrong court, and for the wrong reasons.

See https://www.democracydocket.com/ for all the relevant court documentation on these cases (see the Post-Election section). It is absolutely fascinating.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not been on here for a while despite the despot's recent attempt to overturn democracy.... Was wondering if Tyrone Bigumms has disappeared again?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Never fear, 4 more years is still on :moo:... The red wave Spence forecasted could finally arrive today.

Then again maybe it did the Lord Lucan after it swept Spence away.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just listening to the final Trump Show, top quality ranting ! we'll miss him when he's gone ! Lots of talk about " democracy "... not a mention of " I need to find 11,000 votes from Georgia.... say you recalculated " ...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He's just put Pence in a bit of a spot....

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
What I still can't believe is that people GENUINELY are buying this utter nonsense from him. Why are people blinded to this conman? He has a history of failed businesses, he's obviously a nasty piece of work based just on what he says about people when they're in his favour and then when they're no longer enjoying his good graces. Surely his cultists can see through the nonsense by now?

He's in a total fantasy world, which is fine - but 70 million Americans are there with him, which absolutely is not. He was genuinely quite funny for a while, but it's gone way past that point now. It's just tragically sad that the Americans genuinely can't see through his nonsense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here