Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
To be fair, I've called every big election early for years and always been right (including Brexit after the first two results). This time my gut may have got it wrong, which surprised me because I study the numbers very carefully. I could not see Ossoff winning (and he still isn't) but it looks like he will. Ha, he just took the lead.

New York Times were really good for me. They did their numbers based on the areas of uncounted votes following similar lines to the Presidential election and even discovered that the blue areas of Georgia have come out even more Blue while the Red areas performed slightly lower than their expectations. They were calling Blue wins when I logged on at work at 9am this morning (nearly 8 hours ago).

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...lts&pgtype=Interactive&region=ReporterUpdates

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
To be fair, I've called every big election early for years and always been right (including Brexit after the first two results). This time my gut may have got it wrong, which surprised me because I study the numbers very carefully. I could not see Ossoff winning (and he still isn't) but it looks like he will. Ha, he just took the lead.

We need you to try out this strategy against Man City and Leeds.
#BlueWhiteWaveComing

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If Dems take the Senate, be interesting to see quite how quickly the GOP wash their hands of Trump. His endless “crooked election” line has massively backfired for them here.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mitch McConnell finally losing his grip on power is considerably higher than Trump losing his grip on reality.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Dems take the Senate, be interesting to see quite how quickly the GOP wash their hands of Trump. His endless “crooked election” line has massively backfired for them here.

Eric Trump (who) is vowing to attack any republican senator who doesn't defend Daddy as he fights to overturn all these fraudulent electionS.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I bet Lindsay Graham now wishes he had a spine and conscious that was nearly as robust as a jellyfish.
Nailed it 4 years ago but spent the subsequent 4 years suckling at the cheesy Wotsit teet of Orangina.

[tweet]727604522156228608[/tweet]

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Shows what happens when you can mobilise the previously disenfranchised and the supressed. Trump is now a stone cold disaster for the Republicans.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shows what happens when you can mobilise the previously disenfranchised and the supressed. Trump is now a stone cold disaster for the Republicans.

Not just Trump.

(I've kept out of US politics since the GE, so might be a little off here, although the the premise is sound)

McConnell could have timed a $2000 Covid relief cheque to arrive at the door of Georgian voters, in the build up to this run off election.
I think Donny was against it, but still gave Mitch some wriggle room, which he didn't take, I think he finally agreed on $600.

He could have bribed the disenfranchised and supressed to another 4 years of power, but couldn't bring himself to give poor minority Americans 'free' money.

[tweet]1346688504005337090[/tweet]

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
McConnell could have timed a $2000 Covid relief cheque to arrive at the door of Georgian voters, in the build up to this run off election.
I think Donny was against it, but still gave Mitch some wriggle room, which he didn't take, I think he finally agreed on $600.

its more complex than that. theres a massive debt involved, tied up with ideology and genuine concern for the medium-long term effects to the economy. Trump was against then turned for it as a bribe.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
its more complex than that. theres a massive debt involved, tied up with ideology and genuine concern for the medium-long term effects to the economy. Trump was against then turned for it as a bribe.

Of course.
But when the debt is counted in trillions and McConnell signed off on pretty much all of it, over 20+ years, it's strange to think this was one wafer thin mint too many.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Stacey Abrams is a genius, what she's done in Georgia to organise the party and the get the voters registered and engaged is incredible. The Democratic party really needs to learn the lessons of what she's done in Georgia and apply it to other states to get the Democratic party firmly in the majority. It's interesting that the Senate is effectively a 50/50 tie now, Vice President-elect Harris will genuinely get something important to do when breaking ties. She could be the most significant VP in history as a result, at least for two years before the mid-terms and hopefully a more significant majority.

I had said to a friend yesterday that Reverend Raphael Warnock would beat the dire woman who was never elected and served for a year in the seat. She's a dreadful woman, but was the richest person in the Senate. Jon Ossoff seemed very 50/50 but it looks like he's getting the job done as well. Amazing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stacey Abrams is a genius, what she's done in Georgia to organise the party and the get the voters registered and engaged is incredible. The Democratic party really needs to learn the lessons of what she's done in Georgia and apply it to other states to get the Democratic party firmly in the majority. It's interesting that the Senate is effectively a 50/50 tie now, Vice President-elect Harris will genuinely get something important to do when breaking ties. She could be the most significant VP in history as a result, at least for two years before the mid-terms and hopefully a more significant majority.

I had said to a friend yesterday that Reverend Raphael Warnock would beat the dire woman who was never elected and served for a year in the seat. She's a dreadful woman, but was the richest person in the Senate. Jon Ossoff seemed very 50/50 but it looks like he's getting the job done as well. Amazing.

[tweet]1346650808318771200[/tweet]

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Trump has 14 days to run for it else he is going inside for a very long time.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Of course.
But when the debt is counted in trillions and McConnell signed off on pretty much all of it, over 20+ years, it's strange to think this was one wafer thin mint too many.

a 300% increase is hardly a wafer thin mint. its also about how the package is broken down in to relief cheques, services, funds here and there. i think Trump wanted a $2000 cheque with little else, while the democrats wanted $2000 with a lot else. the Trumpian and Democrat plans are each seen as fiscally reckless for various reasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here