Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Let's hope so. So far in this election there have been a lot of things that should have happened but didn't (and vice versa). I'll believe it when I see Joe Biden, with bible in hand, standing next to John Roberts on Capitol Hill ... and preferably with Trump in cuffs and gyves being carted off to the black maria.

Saw something the other day that Trump won't be at the inauguration, as planning to do some rally in a Trump State, to coincide with it. No idea if true, but would it surprise anybody?

'WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump is discussing the possibility of announcing a campaign to retake the White House in 2024 on Inauguration Day and skipping the swearing-in of his successor, according to three people familiar with the discussions'

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
trump medal.jpg

In this picture there is an immature child throwing an attention seeking tantrum in the White House during the middle of an important ceremony . There is also a kid on the floor.

Trump was supposed to be giving the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Dan Gable who was there with all his family. Trump buggers off early leaving an embarrassed Mr Gable not knowing what to do or say. Very classy

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Saw something the other day that Trump won't be at the inauguration, as planning to do some rally in a Trump State, to coincide with it. No idea if true, but would it surprise anybody?

'WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump is discussing the possibility of announcing a campaign to retake the White House in 2024 on Inauguration Day and skipping the swearing-in of his successor, according to three people familiar with the discussions'

at this point i'd be more surprised if he did turn up to the inauguration. its his way of never conceding. it will probably damage him in long run, i cant see the Republican party allowing him to run in 2024 (anyone but Trump primary campaign).

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Although the Texan case could be heard. There's a theory that this was rejected because the Texan case was in the pipeline and will be heard (and there's also a theory that the Texan one will get the same treatment).
What's interesting about the Texan appeal is that it doesn't depend on fraud but on constitutional issues, something that is more likely to appeal to the Supreme Court but the SC are fully aware of the implications of overturning such a massive vote for Biden - there'd be blood on the streets if they declare Trump the winner.

If the SC overturned the election, there would be a reason for it – i.e. all this 'voter fraud' nonsense would have actually have been proven true. In which case, if it was a legitimate case of 'stolen election', no-one could complain. But I think people overestimate the SC – they think that just because it has a Republican leaning, they'll side with 'their guy' no matter what. But these people have integrity and – at the end of the day – have been put in that position to do the right thing. Why would they want to commit such a massive case of perverting the course of justice just to please one egomaniac?

As with Trump, I believe nothing he says – or what is said by his people – so I take the whole inauguration day plan with a huge dollop of salt. However, if he DOES decide to run again, he'll be older than 'Sleepy Joe' is now – y'know, the guy he's been goading because he's old and senile? Look forward to how his base backtrack from THOSE taunts in four years' time.

The guy is a joke. The daily death toll from covid is similar to the total from Pearl Harbour and the past few days have been in the top 10 most deadliest days in US history. Yet he's frothing at the gash on Twitter saying he won the election. His regime was never about America First – it was always about Trump First.

Funny bloke.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Total death toll is now more than the entirety of American lives lost in WW2.

Their daily deaths stat is 2,649.

I recall 1,250 being a typical daily US figure when averaged out in the spring.

By contrast, in the second wave nations such as France, UK and Italy have fought hard and succeeded in bringing the death toll down.

In the US there was never truly a lull. Criminal maladministration. Where do you start .... a childish president laughing a face mask wearers, disinfectant, encouraging (armed) mobs to take back their states where restrictions were in place eg Michigan, his buddies such as Florida Governor Desantis opening the economy up in late April.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Looks like Rudi is out of the woods.

"I am doing fine. Pretty much all the symptoms are gone. The minute I took the cocktail I felt 100% better. It works very quickly, wow,"

Thank god he has access to the best anti-Covid drugs on the planet.

Not so good for the Trump followers who will continue to ignore the seriousness of the virus as people like Rudi encourage them to remove their masks. His death could have saved thousands of lives as an example of how bad the virus is. Never mind.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Looks like Rudi is out of the woods.

"I am doing fine. Pretty much all the symptoms are gone. The minute I took the cocktail I felt 100% better. It works very quickly, wow,"

Thank god he has access to the best anti-Covid drugs’s on the planet.

Not so good for the Trump followers who will continue to ignore the seriousness of the virus as people like Rudi encourage them to remove their masks. His death could have saved thousands of lives as an example of how bad the virus is. Never mind.

He’s killing Trump supporters, what a dickhead.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1336665978680303616[/TWEET]

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/09/sta...y-support-texas-bid-to-reverse-biden-win.html

17 states tell Supreme Court they support Texas bid to reverse Biden win

Seventeen states told the Supreme Court that they support an effort by Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton to sue to effectively reverse President-elect Joe Biden’s projected win in the Electoral College.
The filing came a day after Paxton asked the Supreme Court for permission to sue Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin over their election results, which Biden won in all instances.
President Donald Trump filed a motion to intervene in the case “in his personal capacity” as a presidential candidate.
Trump defeated Biden in the popular vote of the states supporting Paxton’s bid.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
No. I've heard of it, but never seen it.

If you're a fan of The Thick of It or Armando Ianucci in general definitely give it a go. I watched it all this year, superb. Think it's on Prime?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No. I've heard of it, but never seen it.

Oh man are you in for an enjoyable watch.
Although that said the last 4 years might just have ruined it.

In much the same way, one of the greatest TV series ever, The West Wing, has been ruined by Trump's White House, so might Veep.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Red wave, etc etc etc [emoji23]
e6a21908eec13b7746f0a954adf0c015.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He's now at the "threatening violence if they don't let him pretend he's won" stage...

[TWEET]1337042713544417282[/TWEET]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here