Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Now, maybe but he did get a 'covid bounce' in popularity and Trump only needs that bounce for a month.

I think it's different to the situation with Boris Johnson though.

Trump can't get the sympathy vote without acknowledging that COVID made him suffer at least a bit. If he acknowledges any weakness, he gains perhaps a small sympathy vote (very few undecideds this time round compared to 4 years ago, apparently) but loses the vote of those who saw him as a "strongman who isn't scared of the democratic COVID hoax etc". I don't see how he can play this one successfully, optics wise.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I think it's different to the situation with Boris Johnson though.

Trump can't get the sympathy vote without acknowledging that COVID made him suffer at least a bit. If he acknowledges any weakness, he gains perhaps a small sympathy vote (very few undecideds this time round compared to 4 years ago, apparently) but loses the vote of those who saw him as a "strongman who isn't scared of the democratic COVID hoax etc". I don't see how he can play this one successfully, optics wise.

When it was first announced I thought it would play right in to his hands but the more of a shit show it appears/he adds to, am starting to think it might not.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On tonight's John Oliver, must watch TV, the main segment is about when the President is announced.

Experts are saying due to the nature of this vote the next president won't be announced until the end of November.

Furthermore, Republicans polled said they would definitely vote in person, therefore counted that night.
While Democrats are saying they are more likely to mail in their vote.

So basically we could have a month of Trump being told he won only for Biden to eventually win outright.

Can't see any problems with that!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Talk from some quarters tha having had the virus, Trump may be a changed man when he is discharged! Some hope!

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Talk from some quarters tha having had the virus, Trump may be a changed man when he is discharged! Some hope!
Yes, after his "treatment."
66746F2F-F25A-4305-B2B0-51671800E2B0.jpeg

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I see that the disgusting mouthy bitch Kayleigh Mcenany now has Covid 19. Can't think of a more deserving person.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I see that the disgusting mouthy bitch Kayleigh Mcenany now has Covid 19. Can't think of a more deserving person.
Open your eyes. Plenty out there. Start by looking for those Democrats who hope Trump dies from Covid.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Open your eyes. Plenty out there. Start by looking for those Democrats who hope Trump dies from Covid.

Listen old girl.....nobody is remotely interested in your attention seeking posts.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Twatter quote from Donald J ." I will be leaving the great Walter Reed Medical Center today at 6:30 P.M. Feeling really good! Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago! "

I hope Melania's headache has cleared up, sounds like the Don has a diamond cutter in the bomb bay and he wants some pussy.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
[tweet]1313186529058136070[/tweet]

The beginning of the wonder drug / vaccine miracle narrative.

Trump is going to save us all from COVID and everything will be back to normal shortly and everyone will have jobs.

What a hero.

Will probably win him the election.

Am I just a cynic?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Trump is going to save us all from COVID and everything will be back to normal shortly and everyone will have jobs.

What a hero.

Am I just a cynic?

No, spot on. If he lives (and he will) he'll walk it.

He's a like political diamorphine (heroin), without the respiratory depression or the constipation. In fact he gives those of us who aren't addicted to him a spasm of huffing and puffing, and the absolute shits :shrug:

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Anyone who supports Trump or has any sympathy with the vile human has their eyes firmly shut, their brain disengaged and zero morals and no amount of idiotic whataboutery will change that.

KeithDublin

Aug 23, 2019
No, spot on. If he lives (and he will) he'll walk it.

He's a like political diamorphine (heroin), without the respiratory depression or the constipation. In fact he gives those of us who aren't addicted to him a spasm of huffing and puffing, and the absolute shits :shrug:

While I wouldn't put my house on it, I don't think you're right. Trump won in 2016 mainly due to the very low turn out of the democrat base. I don't think this will happen in 2020. I'll give you a little personal insight: I volunteer at a local homeless charity in Philadelphia. We've been registering people to vote for a week now, and we've already signed up over 150 people. People who haven't voted in years. People who are saying things like "I haven't voted since 1980, but I'd crawl over glass to get that man out". If you listen to the hip hop radio stations here, they are full of DJ's telling people to get out and vote. I think they'll be a high turn out, and that can only mean one thing. Trump isn't winning Wisconsin this year, I doubt he wins Pennsylvania. Even Texas is up for grabs.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
While I wouldn't put my house on it, I don't think you're right. Trump won in 2016 mainly due to the very low turn out of the democrat base. I don't think this will happen in 2020. I'll give you a little personal insight: I volunteer at a local homeless charity in Philadelphia. We've been registering people to vote for a week now, and we've already signed up over 150 people. People who haven't voted in years. People who are saying things like "I haven't voted since 1980, but I'd crawl over glass to get that man out". If you listen to the hip hop radio stations here, they are full of DJ's telling people to get out and vote. I think they'll be a high turn out, and that can only mean one thing. Trump isn't winning Wisconsin this year, I doubt he wins Pennsylvania. Even Texas is up for grabs.

Thanks for cheering me up a bit :thumbsup:

If the orange oaf is discharged into the oblivion he deserves, I'll be more than delighted.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing

What a hero.

Am I just a cynic?

I have been feeling quite lethargic lately, think I’ll go catch myself some COVID to perk me up. Sounds like a day at the spa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here