Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Right, so how do all the MAGA/Qanon/Covid conspiracy types explain this one?

[TWEET]1311868167665397772[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1311905899846524929[/TWEET]

I seriously would stop concerning yourself with this rubbish.
Its a fringe freak show. If you follow this sort of crap you get sucked into believing its representative of a significant number......when it isnt.
The vast vast vast majority of Americans are just decent people getting on with their life, they are not extremists and nutters, but people buy into the crap that there are loony hoards of far night nutters or Antifa and conspiracy nuts battling it out.
The nutty brigade, left and right, are miniscule......dont believe what the biased media, from each end of the spectrum, are pushing you to believe

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's tough not to enjoy the fact they basically had a Covid Spreader party in The Rose Garden to announce that witches nomination to the Supreme Court.

There's now more Covid cases in the White House than in New Zealand.

Maybe there is a higher power, after all.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Exactly. It will go from being a Democratic hoax to a Democratic coup in which a sneaky leftie put something in his cheeseburger.

I’ve already seen references to the microphone and podium being nobbled in the debate with Biden. Those pesky lefties.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
boris trump.jpg

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Conflicting reports of Trump’s condition, it seems. I’m no conspiracy theorist, but I’m more inclined to believe the unofficial line on this one; the US journalists at the press conference seem content that their tip-off that he was / is in a bad way has come from a credible source. I can see the next few days being very interesting, if that’s the right word.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54402127

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Conflicting reports of Trump’s condition, it seems. I’m no conspiracy theorist, but I’m more inclined to believe the unofficial line on this one; the US journalists at the press conference seem content that their tip-off that he was / is in a bad way has come from a credible source. I can see the next few days being very interesting, if that’s the right word.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54402127

Seems the medic at a press conference reported that Trump wasn't on oxygen today but when asked if he had been given oxygen at any time he just repeated that he wasn't on oxygen today!!!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Trump's campaign has confirmed that they won't be removing their negative ads on Biden in response to Biden pulling attack ads on Trump.

TBH, Would you expect anything other than this ? the Trump campaign is struggling and is lashing out in any way it can.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well, yes, but not because they're struggling, but because they are utter scum

What worked during the initial Republican nomination debates was to pick rival republicans off one by one with lies, vitriol and false promises. That is Trumps style. Sadly he can't change that and I really don't think he is ever going to learn some humility until he is in court and facing up to a lifetime of lies and deceit and being convicted.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
What worked during the initial Republican nomination debates was to pick rival republicans off one by one with lies, vitriol and false promises. That is Trumps style. Sadly he can't change that and I really don't think he is ever going to learn some humility until he is in court and facing up to a lifetime of lies and deceit and being convicted.

I doubt he will ever see the inside of a jail. Don't forget, he has the power to pardon himself for all crimes.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
The medic said that he was 72hours into this, it would make him testing positive on Wednesday morning, did he not do a rally Wednesday afternoon? If so why not tell the world until Thursday evening?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I doubt he will ever see the inside of a jail. Don't forget, he has the power to pardon himself for all crimes.

I'm not sure exactly about the rights of a president to " pardon " himself. I'm pretty sure that any nominal leader of the free world is unable to be prosecuted for acts that are carried out at the time of their being in office unless they can be shown to be "War Crimes" ... and, as we know Bush/Blair managed to sidestep their accusers quite easily and remain free from prosecution.

However, I think that for certain crimes there can be no pardon, I'm thinking about Tax Evasion for instance, Unlike a situation where say, Trump decides to drop a bomb on a car in Lebanon which he claims carried someone who was a threat to the US state, he could argue that it was an " Act of Defence " and not cold blooded murder. Tax evasion is simpler, he is breaking the rules that apply to every US citizen and if you can find the money trail you can't argue with the emotions of the situation.

In a way we have an American version of Bob Maxwell, he's furiously spinning plates in order to distract from many misdemeanours. Unlike Maxwell, who's full list of cons and coverups were only found after his mysterious death, we have a US president who seems perfectly ok with lies and failing to disclose his finances despite plenty of pretty obvious signs of corruption.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Latest update:

He's just fine, working hard and could be out of hospital in a couple of days

Also latest update:

Will be in hospital for some time, has been given dexamethasone (only useful for with severe or critical Covid-19) has had some dips in oxygen level and had a high fever on Friday.

So...what do we believe?
BBC are making it pretty clear what they think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here