Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

True position or False position

We where we should be in the league or not ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

phoenix

May 18, 2009
We' ll know much more after 10 games. As impressive as our early season form is, we've played just one team in the top half. Much sterner tests are to come - not least the next opponents at The Amex.

The reason they are not in the top half is because we have beaten them, depriving them of 3 points.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I just had a quick look at Oddschecker and we are now the 3rd favourites for promotion so the bookies don't think we'll fade away.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
You can only beat what's put in front of you. We've won four out of five and drawn the other, so we're deservedly top.
Whether we've deserved to win each game is irrelevant: you can't argue with the points we have.
If you're top of the table, you deserve to be, regardless of whether it's 5, 10, 20 or 46 games played. :shrug:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
There is a little bit of good fortune to our position, but I believe that when you shoot at goal a bit more, you get a bit more luck.

Good fortune? Are you insane in both the Fulham and Ipswich games we were by far the better side and deserved to take all 3 points!!

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
You can only beat what's put in front of you. We've won four out of five and drawn the other, so we're deservedly top.
Whether we've deserved to win each game is irrelevant: you can't argue with the points we have.
If you're top of the table, you deserve to be, regardless of whether it's 5, 10, 20 or 46 games played. :shrug:

Yes, I fully accept this -you are quite right; if you win the games then you deserve to be where you are. It is just whether we can keep going. There are so many variables -injuries, suspensions, the simple matter of whether players get along, the attitude of those who are left out, a manager might leave, team getting cocky, etc etc. I really hope this will be our year -we fans surely deserve it after so many trials and tribulations - but there is a long way to go.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
MAN UP................. We are Brighton And Hove Albion, and we are where we should be in the league.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
It is a completely true position now.

It will also be completely true after the next game, and indeed after every game, no matter what position we are in.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
We will see how far we come after the Next two home games Hull and Rotherham how we play against a top team and one at the bottom of the leauge. Also as long as we can keep injury free will help.
Well done team so far.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hopefully we won't slip back into our usual form of losing to the teams at the bottom when we play Rotherham.

Let's get 24 points off the bottom 4 this year :rock:

pensionseagull

Aug 7, 2013
Injuries, suspensions will happen - in the meantime let's enjoy the FACT that that we are TOP.

It's a whole lot of a better feeling than the beginning of last season and for that we should all be grateful

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Good fortune? Are you insane in both the Fulham and Ipswich games we were by far the better side and deserved to take all 3 points!!

I think you have misunderstood my meaning, but if you want to take it that way, the better side does not always win, we could have had BFG sent off against Ipswich, Fulham hit the post and gave us a pen in added time, we had a little bit of luck go our way.

D

Deleted member 2719

False, but I reserve the right to change my mind! The win over Blackburn for example was only due to Stockdale doing two wonder saves and kasenga being on fire. Blackburn ain't that great so I will judge better over 10 league games. I am happy with our start thou.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here