Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

True position or False position

We where we should be in the league or not ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It's a good start whatever way you look at it. Going to get a lot tougher but with confidence throughout the side we could beat anyone on our day. And we should be getting stronger ourselves with Zamora and the new signing/s. I'd still be amazed if Middlesbrough don't rise to the top and QPR are among the others looking pretty strong, but there are plenty of the usual suspects struggling which makes room for an Albion challenge. Winning at Ipswich is a very good sign I think - proper Championship side that are usually there or thereabouts, even if they were missing a couple.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We've got exactly what we deserved in every single game so far - we haven't exactly mugged any of our opponents. Had we done so, I'd suggest our position was misleading, but it isn't.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I thought Hughton's comment about us not being the better team by two goals in the first half today was wise. We were brilliant but on another day it could have been any result because both teams had good chances. Worth remembering for the rest of the season (not that I will).

Hey! Here are a couple of videos I took.

[yt]yXLctNW9dQA&feature=youtu.be[/yt]
[yt]iqlf3qquFMo&feature=youtu.be[/yt]

Was the big cheer in 55secs cos GG was screaming passion?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
There is a little bit of good fortune to our position, but I believe that when you shoot at goal a bit more, you get a bit more luck.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
How you have the audacity to question my teams brilliant start to the season beggars belief. smiley face (not working)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
A true position however, like many comments before, it's a long season. If we can get good results against Hull & Wolves in September, we'll very soon be amongst the favourites.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Averaging 0.6 points a game more than anyone else, and we've played 3 away and 2 home games, unlike half the teams who have had 3 at home.

So, we are on target to win the league by 0.6 * 46 = 27 points.
:rock:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Before yesterday I'd have said false but, after seeing the way we dominated a very good Ipswich side, I have changed my mind. I'm not saying we're going to win the league but we deserve to be top at the moment.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Even if we do not go up or maintain it then just enjoy the fact we are playing enjoyable football in entertaining games. The game yesterday was 100 times more entertaining than the crap last season, even if it had ended 3-3 it would still have been a marvelous spectacle.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'd like to think the league table is a fair representation of how things are going, as such the team that has earnt the most points is at the top. Happy days :)

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I don't particularly care about the League table yet, It's the points average that I'm happy about. We are currently averaging 2.6 points a game, we all know that 2 points a game gets us automatically promoted.

Lets all enjoy the break then the next 5 games is the next section for me. To keep up that 2 points a game by then all we need is 7 points Now that ain't bad.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
False, but only in so far as I cannot see us winning it with the squad we currently have with 2 days to go in the window. That said yesterday was impressive and suggests that the play offs is a realistic aim.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Played 5. Won 4. Drawn 1. Lost 0. The results don't lie. We all know how tight this league is and every year we bemoan the fact that we've made a slow start and, come the end of the season we all look back and think what we might have achieved if only we had started like a house on fire. We finally do start like a house on fire and we're sat here debating whether we deserve it or not.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
We' ll know much more after 10 games. As impressive as our early season form is, we've played just one team in the top half. Much sterner tests are to come - not least the next opponents at The Amex.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's not a false position at the moment. We've won 4 and drawn 1 of our 5 matches.

Whether it's indicative of where we'll finish the season is another matter!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here