Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Trouble at the game ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I wouldn’t have them in my top 15 of so called great clubs.

I get the family ties thing, I was talking about people under 30 supporting them, I don’t think they’ve won a nation honour in their lifetimes, haven’t always been in the top flight and probably haven’t finished in the top 6. They are pretty much like a lot of bottom half PL and top half Championship clubs and, dare I say, Palace albeit a bit better.

Just seems like they’ve got fans through reputation rather than having good a good side unlike the other big clubs.

Won the league in the late 50s. Obviously there's a few FA Cups in there. Last top three finish was mid-80s.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Winning the World Cup was their biggest achievement

So they say :lolol:

For someone born in the 90’s to use that as a reason to **** over West Ham is ridiculous.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Won the league in the late 50s. Obviously there's a few FA Cups in there. Last top three finish was mid-80s.

West Ham have never won the league. Honours wise, they are probably no better than Forest, yet I don’t see loads of under 30’s supporting them around here.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
West Ham have never won the league. Honours wise, they are probably no better than Forest, yet I don’t see loads of under 30’s supporting them around here.

If I was a Forest fan, I'd be very upset with that comment. Two European cups when it was a proper competition outweigh anything the bubble blowers have achieved.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Is that Forest who won 2 European Cups,( when you only played other clubs who’d won their Championship)
1 First Division title, and 1 European Super Cup, as well as 2 FA Cups, and 4 League Cups.

Far better pedigree than the cockernee geezers.

They also had a record, at the time unbeaten run in the League of 42 games

Last edited:

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I know a number of local West Ham and Spurs fans who are under 30. Lots of families from London moved to Crawley New Town in the 50’s, 60’s and 70 - some of whom were West Ham and Spurs supporters. As is often the case, the kids followed in their parent’s footsteps with regards to team allegiance as do their kids.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Which is why I respect West Ham. The club have never been huge achievers yet still have a large supporter base.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Is that Forest who won 2 European Cups,( when you only played other clubs who’d won their Championship)
1 First Division title, and 1 European Super Cup, as well as 2 FA Cups, and 4 League Cups.

Mad that they've now been scrapping around in the Championship for donkeys years playing in front of sometimes sub 20k crowds. Anyone under 25 or so wouldn't think they were any bigger than us

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
If I was a Forest fan, I'd be very upset with that comment. Two European cups when it was a proper competition outweigh anything the bubble blowers have achieved.

Well, there you go, they were the first ones off the top of my head, I suppose they aren’t even as successful as Wolves or Leicester. Just proves my point really. Just seems like they live off the identity of being double hard cockney geezers, if not that, than what else?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Mad that they've now been scrapping around in the Championship for donkeys years playing in front of sometimes sub 20k crowds. Anyone under 25 or so wouldn't think they were any bigger than us

Late 70s early 80’S was a genuine golden era for them, all brought about by a genius managerial partnership.

I wish we’d have had a management team like Clough and Taylor.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

See above.

Forest are far more deserving of a bigger fanbase than West Ham then, but don’t because West Ham are fashionable (for some reason unbeknown to me).

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Which is why I respect West Ham. The club have never been huge achievers yet still have a large supporter base.

I don’t respect them because of the amount of plastics they have. All the people supporting their local team, that’s fair enough, but it is a pretty densely populated area and have Essex too.

In terms of success to supporter base, I think we should be far more respected. I don’t think any team gets the size of crowds we do without winning something within the last century. We are unique in that respect.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
As far as London goes its the most soulless place I’ve ever Visited and bear in mind I’ve had to put up with it more than most (roughly 20-30 hours of bike work on the knowledge in that area alone)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
There supporters seem very loyal. Know of at least 12 ST holders from Brighton

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Some have told me to stay off here with updates as they are bored of it, and I respect that. But equally some wanted to know how I was doing. So I’ll keep this brief and then stay off the subject. I spent 4 hours in A&E undergoing tests and scans this evening following the unprovoked assault by a WHU fan post match. Confirmed diagnosis severe concussion injury and whiplash, and bruising to back of skull. Updated WHU and Met Police, charge likely to be upgraded to GBH due to extent of impacts. Now back home recuperating, told symptoms will persist for up to 4 weeks. I’m due to be long hauling to Oz to see my son inside that timescale so further checks required later to give me the green light to fly. Thank you for your good wishes. I’ll stay off now, so please forgive me if I do not respond any further on here to acknowledge good wishes, just trust me they are very genuinely appreciated. I’m struggling, but I’ll get through. Barber has been excellent, as always.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here