Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Trouble at the game ?

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
My wife is a retired senior nurse of 38 years experience, she has tracked my pain and symptoms today and I’ve gone fairly rapidly downhill in the last hour. She is taking me to A&E in MK in the next few minutes. The headaches have become more severe, more widespread, and with visual disturbance, so it has to be done. Thank you for all your good wishes. Wedgee.

So sorry to hear about this appalling incident. Hoping you are okay and recover soon.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
My wife is a retired senior nurse of 38 years experience, she has tracked my pain and symptoms today and I’ve gone fairly rapidly downhill in the last hour. She is taking me to A&E in MK in the next few minutes. The headaches have become more severe, more widespread, and with visual disturbance, so it has to be done. Thank you for all your good wishes. Wedgee.

Hope this turns out to be nothing too serious. All the best mate.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Well I wish you a speedy recovery but I’m not sure coming on here to type updates is going to help...especially with headaches and visual ‘disturbances’ :moo:

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
When you feel up to it, let us know how you get on [MENTION=3743]seagullwedgee[/MENTION]

All the best for a speedy recovery.

And I hope the person who did this gets a long sentence. Anyone who responds this way to their team getting a draw shouldn't be on the loose.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Hope you feel better very soon.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Wishing you a speedy and full recovery.

Sounds as if WHU and some of their fans have acted well.

I hope it acts as a reminder that any kind of thuggish or aggressive behaviour isn’t fun, shouldn’t be glamourised and can be extremely upsetting for the victims and witnesses.

I hope the perpetrator spends a long time in HMP

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I saw the aftermath, the chase and they guy lying on the floor. The assailant looked about 20, the victim was elderly. Utterly cowardly to pick on that guy. I’m pleased he’s been nicked.

Thank you. I’m just a fan of 46 years standing. I’m in my late 50s but I’ve had a hard life, so I described myself as elderly! And HT described me in the gutter as ‘elderly’ too, which made me laugh! The last time I was beaten up at a footie match was White Hart Lane in the 1978 away to Spurs 0-0 draw, my mate and I (we were 15) were set upon with no colours in a back street and had the sh1t kicked out of us. That was nearly 42 years ago, I thought footie had moved on a bit. Until today’s very rude wake-up.

I was with HT yesterday. When we were talking about this afterwards and he was describing you as elderly, I did point out to him that I didn't think you looked too much older than we are (both 51):lol:

Wishing you a speedy recovery and hope the scumbag who did this gets what he deserves.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Can’t stand West Ham fans.

A lot of the plastic ones down here seem to support them to try to look hard, that’s really the only thing they’ve got going for them at the moment. They’ve won nothing for decades and decades, yet seem to attract support where it isn’t warranted. I guess you could say the same about Tottenham, but atleast they finish in the top 6 every season.

Is there something I’m missing, bar from the whole 1966 thing? Apart from family ties, why on earth would anyone support West Ham in Sussex?

I hope they bloody hate it that they can’t beat us.

Bunch of wankers.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex

A lot of the plastic ones down here seem to support them to try to look hard, that’s really the only thing they’ve got going for them at the moment. They’ve won nothing for decades and decades, yet seem to attract support where it isn’t warranted. I guess you could say the same about Tottenham, but atleast they finish in the top 6 every season.

Is there something I’m missing, bar from the whole 1966 thing? Apart from family ties, why on earth would anyone support West Ham in Sussex?

Bunch of wankers.
I live in Crowborough, loads of West Ham fans here, plenty of mates are, family tradition for most I know

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
[MENTION=3743]seagullwedgee[/MENTION] - make sure the police and the liaison officer they’ll appoint for you, are made fully aware of these later health effects.

GBH is not out of the question, for a GBH conviction the physical impact on you does not have to be permanent.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Bunch of wankers.

The West Ham fans I know are fine. Large support so inevitably a few more trouble makers than others. A few PPFs in there (although these ones do more than pretend they are hard). They're a great club with a great tradition. A number of nasty sorts doesn't change that.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Remember the thugs way back horrible bunch of fans

I have hated West Ham and their nuckleheaded fans ever since the 70’s when they caused mayhem at the goldstone a few times and when we played them up at their pit when billy bonds kicked ward all over the pitch...terrible trouble in our end that day.

I always thought they were worse fans than millwall!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have hated West Ham and their nuckleheaded fans ever since the 70’s when they caused mayhem at the goldstone a few times and when we played them up at their pit when billy bonds kicked ward all over the pitch...terrible trouble in our end that day.

I always thought they were worse fans than millwall!

They’d love that last comment, a badge of honour for the single brain cells.

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Best wishes to you, seagullwedge, and I hope justice is done after such a cowardly attack. Make sure you get your wife to look after you! Keep well mate and continue to enjoy your football. :thumbsup:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
The West Ham fans I know are fine. Large support so inevitably a few more trouble makers than others. A few PPFs in there (although these ones do more than pretend they are hard). They're a great club with a great tradition. A number of nasty sorts doesn't change that.

I wouldn’t have them in my top 15 of so called great clubs.

I get the family ties thing, I was talking about people under 30 supporting them, I don’t think they’ve won a nation honour in their lifetimes, haven’t always been in the top flight and probably haven’t finished in the top 6. They are pretty much like a lot of bottom half PL and top half Championship clubs and, dare I say, Palace albeit a bit better.

Just seems like they’ve got fans through reputation rather than having good a good side unlike the other big clubs.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wouldn’t have them in my top 15 of so called great clubs.

I get the family ties thing, I was talking about people under 30 supporting them, I don’t think they’ve won a nation honour in their lifetimes, haven’t always been in the top flight and probably haven’t finished in the top 6. They are pretty much like a lot of bottom half PL and top half Championship clubs and, dare I say, Palace albeit a bit better.

Just seems like they’ve got fans through reputation rather than having good a good side unlike the other big clubs.

Winning the World Cup was their biggest achievement

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here