Trouble at the FA Cup Semi...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Probably already said but FA cup ban and also no away travel for 5 years. Also points deduction.

Sad thing is these morons will see if as some kind of victory.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Millwall FC said it could not "allow the actions of a mindless minority" to undermine efforts made to lose the club's reputation for hooliganism

I love this quote. How are they not going to allow us to continue to think that Millwall are a club followed by mindless neanderthals (Except WCP of course who thinks they are all big cuddly teddybears).

Surely that is exactly what this mindless minority have done.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can I also remind Brighton fans of the rioting that Brighton have been involved in at places like Chesterfield, Palace, Brentford, and fighting last season at west ham and those Brighton fans in jail for the fighting against Spurs before a frienly or the leeds fans attacked in Brighton or the southend fans stabbed in our last away game down there. So its not just Millwall. If West ham or some other fans have gone to cause trouble then it will still be millwall who will get the blame.

Do you ever change the record? Most people have moved on. I support BHA and you always go on about Brighton fans. We are not nutters and you damn well know that. Just out of interest who do YOU support and how many times have you watched them this season?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Disgraceful stuff, very bad of them

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'd be there,all this scare mongering-it's not the 1970's anymore i mean in those days nails and blades were taped to boots before fans waded in,after an opening salvo of coins had be thrown first..

Feb 14, 2010
Do you ever change the record? Most people have moved on. I support BHA and you always go on about Brighton fans. We are not nutters and you damn well know that. Just out of interest who do YOU support and how many times have you watched them this season?

I wont have this. Born and bred Brighton fan. Father Brighton fan. Relative played for Brighton, Grandad followed Brighton's results and probably Great Grandad's would likely have drilled on the Goldstone before being shot at on the Western Front. If you dont think Brighton have had a problem then you clearly have not (as I have) been to nearly 70 away games with Brighton. Bit this is not the point. All I am saying is that if and it is an if west ham or whoever organised trouble in the Millwall end then they also have responsibility. Millwall fans are not the bogey men. They have a problem, but so do many many clubs. They also will get a bad press, as trouble by Brighton or Spurs does not have the same easy headline.

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
I wont have this. Born and bred Brighton fan. Father Brighton fan. Relative played for Brighton, Grandad followed Brighton's results and probably Great Grandad's would likely have drilled on the Goldstone before being shot at on the Western Front. If you dont think Brighton have had a problem then you clearly have not (as I have) been to nearly 70 away games with Brighton. Bit this is not the point. All I am saying is that if and it is an if west ham or whoever organised trouble in the Millwall end then they also have responsibility. Millwall fans are not the bogey men. They have a problem, but so do many many clubs. They also will get a bad press, as trouble by Brighton or Spurs does not have the same easy headline.

So - the problem is exclusively with our away support?

Feb 14, 2010
So - the problem is exclusively with our away support?

I doubt it. The Spurs friendly and Leeds game a few years ago showed that. Also my dad stopped going to football because of a few reasons but one was hooligans - Brighton hooligans. But again this is not the point, I just say that lets see who was at fault, this could have been caused by other clubs fans getting tickets to cause trouble. It may not, but lets wait and see shall we?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Well I won't have this either. You know, full well that this isn't the first time you have slagged BHA off for being a bunch of thugs. YOU ALWAYS DO! Deny it! I am pleased that you support the Albion but I would like to think we have moved on since the 70s, and yes I remember them.

and I have been to lots of games as well, and I have never had a scrap at football.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I have been at two games which you claim there was serious trouble at....and have seen or heard nothing on both occasions. Just saying.

Definitely serious trouble at the cup final replay. I was in the upper tier. There was fighting all around me but the lower tier appeared worse. And I saw Brighton fans jumping in to the lower to fight the United fans who probably ended up regretting their position. I also witnessed some pretty quick changes in who some plastics supported. Quite a number around me started off as Man u but after a couple of goals went in for them and trouble stated, instead of shouting 'United' they were singing 'seagulls'. Strange that.

Feb 14, 2010
Definitely serious trouble at the cup final replay. I was in the upper tier. There was fighting all around me but the lower tier appeared worse. And I saw Brighton fans jumping in to the lower to fight the United fans who probably ended up regretting their position. I also witnessed some pretty quick changes in who some plastics supported. Quite a number around me started off as Man u but after a couple of goals went in for them and trouble stated, instead of shouting 'United' they were singing 'seagulls'. Strange that.

Exactly, but Blackadder will now demand that you are not a Brighton fan

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Manchester United fan threw bottles at Brighton dirty bunch according to my old man,who had to avoid them-he hates united for that reason.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Manchester United fan threw bottles at Brighton dirty bunch according to my old man,who had to avoid them-he hates united for that reason.

I also recall a lot of bottles flying about, I'd forgotten that. I was 16 and although concerned was never really frightened as I'd (unfortunately) seen loads worse violence (the worst from Millwall several years earlier) and the Brighton fans seemed to be giving man u a proper hiding. I was scared after the match however as for some reason I had to walk a long way back to our car past thousands of man u and although I was a very small 16 year old I was threatened very many times.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

So you are saying that Millwall's reputation is unfounded and they are no worse than any other club?

Going purely by reports on NSC it is my impression that Millwall fans have been the worst behaved at the Amex (aside from palace but seeing as they are rivals they are a different kettle of fish). This is from a club that we supposedly have some kind of allegiance with. I may be wrong and I understand Leeds (another club with a bad reputation) were pretty naughty as well.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Brighton have no hooligan element but really they pale into insignificance when compared to Millwall who will take the opportunity of nation media coverage to enhance their reputation as the biggest hooligans.

Feb 14, 2010
So you are saying that Millwall's reputation is unfounded and they are no worse than any other club?

Going purely by reports on NSC it is my impression that Millwall fans have been the worst behaved at the Amex (aside from palace but seeing as they are rivals they are a different kettle of fish). This is from a club that we supposedly have some kind of allegiance with. I may be wrong and I understand Leeds (another club with a bad reputation) were pretty naughty as well.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Brighton have no hooligan element but really they pale into insignificance when compared to Millwall who will take the opportunity of nation media coverage to enhance their reputation as the biggest hooligans.

No all I am saying is that if the eye witness account of west ham turning up for a fight is true then they have equal responsibility. I also say that Brighton's element is not insignificant - it stopped my dad going and I have seen Brighton cause serious trouble. I also will say that the press created a myth around a small club called Millwall who had a problem but actually Spurs, West Ham, Man United and Chelsea to name but four big clubs caused far more serious trouble than millwall ever have.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Really, we'll have to wait and see. I suspect you're getting stick as you seem to be on a crusade today. First the stadium size/attendances and now this. I only say what I saw but I do agree that at times, Brighton have caused a fair bit of trouble. For that reason I won't go to palace again. Personally I totally condemn football violence, I wish it had never infiltrated our game. It can ruin lives. I believe I know one of the now infamous Brighton hooligans who was jailed after fighting Leeds supporters as I grew up with him in Seaford. I am very sad to say the least, that those things happened and I can imagine that he must feel pretty regretful too.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

FFS you are well of target and you know it. You continually slag of BHA's away support and you know it. Never mind.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No all I am saying is that if the eye witness account of west ham turning up for a fight is true then they have equal responsibility. I also say that Brighton's element is not insignificant - it stopped my dad going and I have seen Brighton cause serious trouble. I also will say that the press created a myth around a small club called Millwall who had a problem but actually Spurs, West Ham, Man United and Chelsea to name but four big clubs caused far more serious trouble than millwall ever have.

But a lot of your arguments are about events many years ago.

In my opinion, there are still a lot of scum who support West Ham and Chelsea, but their clubs, the PL and the police seem to have put a lid on it mainly.

Millwall though, do keep self destructing, due to a few hundred lowlifes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports