Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] TRIC AWARDS (Television and Radio Industries Club).

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I assume that when someone expresses an opinion there is some reasonable logic or validity to it. Apparently that's not the case with some opinions, so I have learnt something.... mostly about those people who express random, unsubstantiated opinions.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I assume that when someone expresses an opinion there is some reasonable logic or validity to it. Apparently that's not the case with some opinions, so I have learnt something.... mostly about those people who express random, unsubstantiated opinions.
In YOUR opinion... :lolol:

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Where can you see this GB News? Is it a standard channel? (asking for a friend)
I know its Virgin 604 also online its ok a bit Amateurish but gets to the point.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Personally, I don't go near those threads, so you wouldn't from me. But I'm typically talking about in real life.

One of the biggest lessons I've learned in 23 years as a journalist is that the most difficult question to answer is "Why?" Ask someone that about pretty much anything and lots will struggle to answer. And then, when they actually consider about why they think that, they'll backtrack on what they said. When it comes to opinions, they must be formed from something/someone, so naturally there will be a reason/reasons behind them.

Taking the OP's opinion: 'GB News has won the 2023 TRIC awards which is very well deserved. For those who want to watch well balanced delivery with content and discussion representing the wider population, this is the news channel to watch.'

Why is it 'well deserved'? Because it has increased viewing figures? Because the OP likes the presenters? Because it (apparently) offers people something different to the 'MSM'? I don't know – that's for the OP to answer. However, as I highlighted, I'm REALLY struggling with how the opinion can be formed that GB News is for people who 'want to watch well balanced delivery with content and discussion representing the wider population'. I've seen it and balanced it is not. Which is fine – I've said all along that it caters to a certain section of society, which is fine. But don't try and claim it's the best thing for everyone...
Journalist?!
Did you write a piece about Sherry’s nightclub recently?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
still running
1688023173428.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Personally, I don't go near those threads, so you wouldn't from me. But I'm typically talking about in real life.

One of the biggest lessons I've learned in 23 years as a journalist is that the most difficult question to answer is "Why?" Ask someone that about pretty much anything and lots will struggle to answer. And then, when they actually consider about why they think that, they'll backtrack on what they said. When it comes to opinions, they must be formed from something/someone, so naturally there will be a reason/reasons behind them.

Taking the OP's opinion: 'GB News has won the 2023 TRIC awards which is very well deserved. For those who want to watch well balanced delivery with content and discussion representing the wider population, this is the news channel to watch.'

Why is it 'well deserved'? Because it has increased viewing figures? Because the OP likes the presenters? Because it (apparently) offers people something different to the 'MSM'? I don't know – that's for the OP to answer. However, as I highlighted, I'm REALLY struggling with how the opinion can be formed that GB News is for people who 'want to watch well balanced delivery with content and discussion representing the wider population'. I've seen it and balanced it is not. Which is fine – I've said all along that it caters to a certain section of society, which is fine. But don't try and claim it's the best thing for everyone...
I salute your indefatigability. Potty is not for turning, or engaging. Potty is for trotting out anything that maps to his narrative. A sensible reply won't be forthcoming.

That, of course, is merely my opinion (based on lots of observation that eventually required the inevitable use of the ignore function). Not quite clever enough to mount a campaign of gaslighting, but with statements ending with a question mark, and 'ironic' thumbs up being a sort of passive aggressive meme, and relentless enough be tiresome.

I thought I'd seen the back of him but he is still all over NSC by virtue of the hundreds of incredulous replies. I presume the Mods regard him as too thick to be a genuine troll.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No. There are some who have an agenda and who will cherry pick a statement or event and present it as proof they are right. Anyone starting a thread extolling the value of niche TV channels is either on wind up or is a gaslighting troll. I suspect the only reason it is still 'tolerated' on NSC is that most of the mods can't bring themselves to look at these threads.

And, sorry, starting a thread about the ludicrous antics of a niche television is not 'balance' to other threads started about real phenomenon such as the financial clusterfuck that is Thames water. That is not balance. It is whataboutery.

The people I feel sorry for are the nice, gentle types who try to offer polite and considered rebuttal to the gaslighting. Only to have their reply ignored by the troll in classic Das Reich manner.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I salute your indefatigability. Potty is not for turning, or engaging. Potty is for trotting out anything that maps to his narrative. A sensible reply won't be forthcoming.

That, of course, is merely my opinion (based on lots of observation that eventually required the inevitable use of the ignore function). Not quite clever enough to mount a campaign of gaslighting, but with statements ending with a question mark, and 'ironic' thumbs up being a sort of passive aggressive meme, and relentless enough be tiresome.

I thought I'd seen the back of him but he is still all over NSC by virtue of the hundreds of incredulous replies. I presume the Mods regard him as too thick to be a genuine troll.

And that's exactly the sort of logic and facts that make an opinion valid :thumbsup:

Valid
adjective
1. (of an argument or point) having a sound basis in logic or fact; reasonable or cogent.
"a valid criticism"

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I see GB “news”, in a report published today, was found to have allowed its politician presenters to undermine the Johnson inquiry on their shows.

GB “news” is anti democracy, anti free speech, and anti intellectual.

It’s extreme right wing propaganda.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
So what?
GB News gets more popular the more gobshite lefties keep moaning about it. Apparently it's becoming more and more popular amongst those in the 'Red Wall'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here