Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tresor Kandol - rumour

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I raised the question of kandol last week. A good partner in a striking pairing but misses too many games through suspension and other reasons. Should be good for 15 or so goals a season and is a free transfer. Signed by wise and gus at leeds

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
It was in our local paper yesterday that we had talks with Kandol, I really cant see us now going for him, we have Austin, Dossevi, Pericard, the young lad David Ball from Man city and welsh under 21 Billy Bodin, so we have plenty of forwards.

He is definately on his way out of Leeds as he hasnt been given a squad number and Poyet will obviously know him. This one could be a goer for you lot, it makes a lot of sense.

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Can't see this being true. Kandol has a poor disciplinary and we can't really do with two strikers like that. Plus Swindon have got themselves a bargain with that Dossevi fella.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Id be happy with Kandol, i think he offers a good presence up front if playing on his own, and if partnered by Murray i think they will cause most defences no end of problems.
The disciplinary thing can be sorted, teaching a striker to score goals is something thats a bit more tricky and Kandol already knows where the goal is.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Id be happy with Kandol, i think he offers a good presence up front if playing on his own, and if partnered by Murray i think they will cause most defences no end of problems.
The disciplinary thing can be sorted, teaching a striker to score goals is something thats a bit more tricky and Kandol already knows where the goal is.

Agree with all this.

We have to be realistic

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Think unless Mr Bloom is willing to fork out £500,000 plus for a striker, which he seems markedly unwilling to do (not that I would necessarily criticise him for this; I don't want us to become a Southampton, but if he wants automatic promotion I would say necessary), Kandol is probably about the best we can get (I think McGhee tried to sign him from Barnet, but they wanted £300,000 and the board were unwilling/unable to fund it, so we tried for Jabo Ibhere instead, and he turned us down, correct me if I'm wrong). He seems to have a habit of scoring against us, so why not get him banging them in for the right side? I would ideally like Tyson, who Forest have turned a bid of £450,000 from Southampton for down, and would have thought something in the order of £500,000 would get, though I think he is a bit injury-prone and there is of course the issue of whether he would actually come to us.

Last edited:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Kandol would be good for us in this league and the combination of him, Murray and Barnes as our attacking options would be good enough to get the goals we need to go up.

PLUS there's the added Poyet factor to this in so much that Gus seems to get the very best out of players and an in form Tresor Kandol could potentially be the 20+ goalscorer we've been looking for.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
This would be a terrible signing and a desperate one,the man is useless and has an attitude to go with it.

Doesn't score much either:angry:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Seemed in the couple games I've seen him to be about same standard as what we've got. 3 good quality league one strikers is much better than only 2. Plus someone who can play up top on their own in the 4-5-1 would be much better than a pacey midget in our current situation I think. Know we all want 2 good strikers and a star, but it might not be realistic. I'd be happy but it's what I'd expect to happen not a quality exciting signing, just OK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here