Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travel Survey

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Piss poor. I probably use different arrangements for just about every game dependent on where I am earlier in the day.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Actually it was an easy survey! I was asked about my experience, how I get to the Amex (I said 'other' and listed all the methods I use), my post code, what station I use (always London Road if I go by train) and how much I spend at the Amex. That was it!

Piece of piss! Can't believe so many people are moaning! All you out-of-towners should support your local teams instead of whinging on here! Well done the club for producing an informative and easy-to-complete survey which I'm sure will give them loads of useful information.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Actually it was an easy survey! I was asked about my experience, how I get to the Amex (I said 'other' and listed all the methods I use), my post code, what station I use (always London Road if I go by train) and how much I spend at the Amex. That was it!

Piece of piss! Can't believe so many people are moaning! All you out-of-towners should support your local teams instead of whinging on here! Well done the club for producing an informative and easy-to-complete survey which I'm sure will give them loads of useful information.

Sarcasm included?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Feels like it should have been some qual work rather than quant. Very few people have a simple and identical journey to the stadium each time I suspect.

Nothing wrong with Survey Monkey btw - I use it a lot - but it does allow anyone to set up a survey, and as we have seen, there's a bit of an art to it.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Sarcasm included?

Oh yes. People are saying "well I did it ok" implying that there was nothing wrong with it. And there isn't if you live in BN1 and have a pretty set matchday routine, it took me about 30 seconds to complete. But as has been pointed if you live further afield and employ a number of methods of transportation, often in the same journey, it appears to fall over badly.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Oh yes. People are saying "well I did it ok" implying that there was nothing wrong with it. And there isn't if you live in BN1 and have a pretty set matchday routine, it took me about 30 seconds to complete. But as has been pointed if you live further afield and employ a number of methods of transportation, often in the same journey, it appears to fall over badly.

Not just those travelling a fair distance either. I live within the city limits, use the same route to and from almost every single match and it still broke.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Not even if you are further afield though.

Q3: How do you travel to the Amex stadium?

Surprisingly there are no options if you walk or cycle, so if you chose other and type another option in, it then goes to Q4: Where do you catch your train from?

Last edited:

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
As someone who travels from Swindon, I suffered from each of the survey problems so far highlighted. Survey was far too limited and narrow to be meaningful. This is an area where the club need to improve - a little before GP's future was decided I phoned the club and whilst on hold listened to the usual, interminable adverts, one of which was a competition, the winner of which got to meet GP prior to a Championship match. I pointed out that it was probably not the best idea to be running that advert and was met with a puzzled, 'Why not?'!

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
This seems to be following an all too familiar pattern:

1. Club makes an announcement about something
2. It turns out to be half-baked/not quite as it first seemed/applies to only a few people
3. Outcry on NSC
4. Club says 'oops!', we'll sort it out
5. Fans become disillusioned about what is going on

The club really are showing alarming signs of ineptitude, particularly when it comes to all things PR/communication.

The club is a multi-million pound business/operation and we are being charged more and more to be part of it so the club really needs to up its game if it wants to be taken seriously and start getting back some of the goodwill from fans which slowly seems to be ebbing away.

Very poor Survey which will give the club incorrect data if they try and use the info.

Sometimes the journey is good, sometimes very poor.
Sometimes I go from Burgess Hill, sometimes Wivelsfield. I never go back to Wivelsfield. Sometimes I go Park and Ride and sometimes I go Seagulls Travel.
I sometimes spend over £15 in the stadium, night games I spend much less.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
This seems to be following an all too familiar pattern:

1. Club makes an announcement about something
2. It turns out to be half-baked/not quite as it first seemed/applies to only a few people
3. Outcry on NSC
4. Club says 'oops!', we'll sort it out
5. Fans become disillusioned about what is going on

The club really are showing alarming signs of ineptitude, particularly when it comes to all things PR/communication.

The club is a multi-million pound business/operation and we are being charged more and more to be part of it so the club really needs to up its game if it wants to be taken seriously and start getting back some of the goodwill from fans which slowly seems to be ebbing away.

100% this and add to this, the club seems unable to communicate to their own staff, who then pass on incorrect info to the fans.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here