Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travel Survey

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Absolute shambles. I've seen questionnaires in (primary) school projects executed better.

Can't be arsed to email the club. If they don't want to do it properly, I'm not going to help them.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Good idea, but a very poor survey in terms of options provided and chances to say what you do, and what you would like to do. Opportunity missed.

And of course there should have been a good one of these in 2011 about intended travel.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I know an elderly gentleman who sells programmes who asked the club if he could have letters as he doesn't have access to the internet. The club has ignored him.

They have probably tried to e-mail him...

However I seriously doubt the club would allow customers to Opt into a letter version of what is assentially a value added service, the cost of a mass mailing across email is roughly 0.003p per email, where as sending out letters each time to customers who request it will probably cost the club a lot more at a time where cost saving is key, and with the club making no further money back because of the mailing it doesnt make sense.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Didnt bother to answer any of the questions, all the surveys i have taken for the club are near on useless or fail to list or offer anything i use.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Maybe the survey is only allowing you to give the answers the CLUB wants you to give....

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Maybe the survey is only allowing you to give the answers the CLUB wants you to give....

That was the problem with the very flawed attempt in 2011. Cars were basically dis-invented. They haven't even got a catch-all 'London' on this one as a train destination.

I'd like to hear a pro's critique of this survey. Over to Was Not Was....

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well it wouldn't be the first time. When they did one in 2011 it showed that nobody was going to drive and park other than to use the P&R!

EDIT: As Tooting has already pointed out ...

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Didn't get a survey link sent to me, can't see it on the website, great use of minimalising the maximum potential completed surveys, thus rendering the survey ineffective and sterile.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Pathetic survey got the answers it deserved, the most negative, come on Albion, you can do better than that.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
You're missing the point Banjo.

This survey has been designed so that people can come on here and have something new to moan about!

Job done.
On the other hand if they weren't such a disorganised, useless shower of shit (or giving a very good impression of being one) we wouldn't have to moan so much.

I'd like to hear a pro's critique of this survey. Over to Was Not Was....
Speaking as a transport planner, I'd say that these kinds of survey are incredibly difficult to design. It's often best to ask a question that has a narrative answer, rather than a tick-box answer. "How do you travel to games?"

These cost a lot to analyse, though. But there are tricks to ensure that costs don't get excessive. For example, limit the analysis to 1,000 responses, selected at random. This can deliver a statistically significant result.

And then, of course, there's the communications/public relations side of transport survey work. It's always best to consider survey design and communications together, before starting. And ALWAYS run a pilot version of a survey, before going live with the real thing.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Speaking as a transport planner, I'd say that these kinds of survey are incredibly difficult to design. It's often best to ask a question that has a narrative answer, rather than a tick-box answer. "How do you travel to games?"

These cost a lot to analyse, though. But there are tricks to ensure that costs don't get excessive. For example, limit the analysis to 1,000 responses, selected at random. This can deliver a statistically significant result.

And then, of course, there's the communications/public relations side of transport survey work. It's always best to consider survey design and communications together, before starting. And ALWAYS run a pilot version of a survey, before going live with the real thing.

Can you post a link to the survey please?

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Unless you live in a relatively local postcode, it will not work beyond question 2.

E-mailed club, who say the are trying to correct the problems - another redundancy coming up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here