Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Transfers out rumour

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
As long as Bridcutt doesn't go to Palace, and we get 6million+ for him, then it's a good deal for all.

We WON'T get anywhere near £6m for him. Good player though he is, defensive midfielders traditionally don't fetch anything like that amount. A great shield for our back four, and tireless energy and enthusiasm, but his range of passing isn't brilliant, and of course he doesn't really weigh in with any goals.

xbakerbob

Aug 4, 2011
Basingstoke
I`ve been told by a source at the club that GG will be on his way soon as well.

It was from a reliable source that I work with , a certain radio Sussex pundit and guy that works at the club.

It was mentioned that GG had requested a move before the end of last season to move before the start of the new season and Poyet had agreed this but things had changed with a new manager coming in.

It was also mentioned that his family have already moved back up north.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why would his family have moved up north unless by that you mean Scotland as he has spent 8 of the last 10 years down south. If he does go I will say thanks for what you have done but he will not be a significant loss and easily replaced.

Jul 7, 2003
Why would his family have moved up north unless by that you mean Scotland as he has spent 8 of the last 10 years down south. If he does go I will say thanks for what you have done but he will not be a significant loss and easily replaced.

Maybe his mother/father is ill and they want to be closer to them? Many people in all walks of life have made career changes to support their relatives so it could be something like that.

Either way, I agree he is not a significant loss now that we have Upson on board.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

He'd need to be replaced by a new signing, Dunk or El Abd are not good enough to be first choice.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Maybe his mother/father is ill and they want to be closer to them? Many people in all walks of life have made career changes to support their relatives so it could be something like that.

Either way, I agree he is not a significant loss now that we have Upson on board.

I can fully understand him going back to Scotland and would think it is on the cards as Oscar has publicly said he wants a new central defender with pace as our back four are slow. This indicates he doesnt see El Abd or Dunk as first choice starters.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

It was from a reliable source that I work with , a certain radio Sussex pundit and guy that works at the club.

It was mentioned that GG had requested a move before the end of last season to move before the start of the new season and Poyet had agreed this but things had changed with a new manager coming in.

It would appear your "source" is wrong.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
not a massive loss Greer I think. If we are aiming to play a more pacey style under OG, then his laboured sideways passing and overall slowness going forward or back will not be a good fit with a quicker paced game. Dunk worth a shot but in fairness I doubt we would lose much with AEA now signed for 2 more years stepping in - what he lacks in height he makes up for in grit and with Upson beside him we should be stronger. Bridcutt is an odd one for me, he's clearly got all the talent but I am not wholly convinced his lack of height won't get exposed in the premiership....Hope he stays, fit and on form he will be the fulcrum for a lot of our play this year.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
not a massive loss Greer I think. If we are aiming to play a more pacey style under OG, then his laboured sideways passing and overall slowness going forward or back will not be a good fit with a quicker paced game. Dunk worth a shot but in fairness I doubt we would lose much with AEA now signed for 2 more years stepping in - what he lacks in height he makes up for in grit and with Upson beside him we should be stronger. Bridcutt is an odd one for me, he's clearly got all the talent but I am not wholly convinced his lack of height won't get exposed in the premiership....Hope he stays, fit and on form he will be the fulcrum for a lot of our play this year.

He has just extended his contract.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Bridcutt was definitely there at the end, too. He drove out of the ground while we were queuing for the park and ride bus. Even stopped to chat to someone and I heard him say "I'm going nowhere" when asked if he was leaving the club.

I'm going nowhere" was quoted by him as he was trying to leave the car park and saw the queue

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Yep and this is balls. His kids go to the same school and are mates with mine. They were round our house yesterday. And we don't live in Leeds.

:lolol::lolol:

NSC at it's finest (or worst).

Jan 15, 2013
oh crap GG has signed a contract extension...woeful against derby...hope oscar signs a good quality CB with pace plus a LB....hope CMS is back asap we need more pace in the team...lopez was shite saturday too (send spanish dave back to torremolinos)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here