Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Transfers out rumour

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Lets not be too hard on GG. I agree that he may be a little over the hill now to perform consistently well in the Championship, (he is into his early thirties after all), and he has his limitations, lack of pace being the most obvious, but he is a fine captain and leader, and under Gus's fluid back four system was a surprisingly good passer of the ball too. Also a fine captain and leader for the past three seasons.

How do you define a fine captain and leader? He was hardly geeing up the troops today.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Does anyone else think that Big Philly has dropped a couple of pounds? Looks about three weeks behind with his pre-season eating.

It's possible. Still fits his moniker appropriately though...

I missed Bridders getting his award...perhaps BP did too. I thought it was bollox!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Bridcutt was definitely there at the end, too. He drove out of the ground while we were queuing for the park and ride bus. Even stopped to chat to someone and I heard him say "I'm going nowhere" when asked if he was leaving the club.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As long as Bridcutt doesn't go to Palace, and we get 6million+ for him, then it's a good deal for all.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Excuse me?, £4m - £6m for Liam Briidcutt????, your making me laugh! Good player though he is, defensive midfielders just don't fetch that kind of money. I'd bite anybody's arm off who offered us half of that.

Half that? £2m - £3m, I'd be very disappointed. Effective defensive midfielders are a rare commodity, international as well, I still think £4m upwards is about right, we'll see in time.

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
Take it or leave it but my friend was speaking to Oatway Jnr this week who told him Bridcutt has handed in transfer request

Oatway Jnr isn't even at the club any more, neither is his old man. Ball Sheeeet.

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
Funny you should say that, I think his biggest weakness has always been how incredibly quiet and soft he seems for a so-called captain. He's been a very good player for us for three years, but I suspected at times last season that time is now catching up with him and I'm growing more sure of that with every game now. It's time to ship him out and get someone under 30 in our defence.

This with bells on.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Makes a lot of sense for Greer to move on, was bought by Poyet and made captain. Came straight back in at Elphick's (who has apparently been outstanding for Bournemouth) expense when he was made a scapegoat of. Very much a Poyet player and not getting any younger.

Jimmy Grimble

Makes a lot of sense for Greer to move on, was bought by Poyet and made captain. Came straight back in at Elphick's (who has apparently been outstanding for Bournemouth) expense when he was made a scapegoat of. Very much a Poyet player and not getting any younger.

The same Elphick who doesn't get in Bournemouth's team?

Probably will after their drubbing yesterday though!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Greer can go much to slow for this leval.
No, no. Please. You must speak to me English, it is good for me to learn.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The same Elphick who doesn't get in Bournemouth's team?

Probably will after their drubbing yesterday though!
Elphick is their captain isn't he?

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I don't think that in all the time we've had Greer that I've ever heard him bollock or command the team..maybe he's not needed to but it does appear to be part of his game that is missing as captain!

I have. Every time he cocks up, he starts blaming everyone else. That's it though, so normally just a few rants per game :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here