Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Transfers out rumour

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I reckon that Bridders is off to Norwich and we will get Becchio, and I would accept that, as for Greer, give us 1mill and I will give him a lift. Dreadful today.

Someone with 'Big Philly' on the back of his shirt (so probably 'Big Philly') was telling people exactly this today. Apparently he works for the club...

Anyway he said Bridcutt was in Norwich having a medical, and that we were getting Becchio and £1.5m.

Then I heard that he'd had an op, been seen driving home, and was off to Palace.

It would be stupid to let him go for anything less than £6m at a bare minimum, if the prices that some Championship players have gone for is a yard-stick. In my opinion it'd be stupid to let him go at all.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
If we are going to get a decent left back and a decent centre-back then someone will have to go and bridcutt is the only realistic option for a sale. We wont get much for greer cos he isn't good enough for top of the championship. I can see upson ending up as captain. Ince continues to look a good prospect and the dutchman looks like he might be ok if he gets and stays fit.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't think Bridcutt looks particularly happy at the moment - I believe he really is a Gus man. Whilst I'd rather he doesn't leave, if we get £4m - £6m, it may be good business.

As for Greer, if he goes and we get a decent price then fair enough, good servant but not a massive loss.

Excuse me?, £4m - £6m for Liam Briidcutt????, your making me laugh! Good player though he is, defensive midfielders just don't fetch that kind of money. I'd bite anybody's arm off who offered us half of that.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Someone with 'Big Philly' on the back of his shirt (so probably 'Big Philly') was telling people exactly this today. Apparently he works for the club...

Anyway he said Bridcutt was in Norwich having a medical, and that we were getting Becchio and £1.5m.

Then I heard that he'd had an op, been seen driving home, and was off to Palace.

It would be stupid to let him go for anything less than £6m at a bare minimum, if the prices that some Championship players have gone for is a yard-stick. In my opinion it'd be stupid to let him go at all.

A job at the club? Bridcutt in Norwich?

Bridcutt was on the pitch before the game getting a player of the season award!
:facepalm:

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Excuse me?, £4m - £6m for Liam Briidcutt????, your making me laugh! Good player though he is, defensive midfielders just don't fetch that kind of money. I'd bite anybody's arm off who offered us half of that.

Agree, he is a great defensive midfielder, a fifth defender. Has not scored a goal, has assisted few and cannot take a dead ball and deliver it to where it needs to be. he looked good last year because of the defensive strategy that we had, a good lad, not fast, but overated by certain fans.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Agree, he is a great defensive midfielder, a fifth defender. Has not scored a goal, has assisted few and cannot take a dead ball and deliver it to where it needs to be. he looked good last year because of the defensive strategy that we had, a good lad, not fast, but overated by certain fans.

A certain truth in this.
The problem with his potential value is that unless a team set up in a very similar way to us last year you just won't get the best out of him.

D

Deleted User X18H

Just had a text from a mate who is in the corporate area today, hope it isn't true but this is what it said....
Greer has been sold to Leeds and
Bridcutt sold to Norwich.

Yeah I was in the same corporate area and heard as well. Well you wouldn't you in a corporate area ? Of course .Leeds have identified how slow Gordon Greers is and how utterly out of his depth he is at this level and want to sign him immedialty. Then they can go back top League 1 and everyone will say ''oh poor old Leeds'' and shit.

I also heard Alan Partridge has stumped up the cash for Norwich top buy Bridcutt, but Partridge will own hin 'a la ' Tevez style.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Scored a great goal against Dagenham

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Which is great news but was he limping? The club put out a communication yesterday that Bruno was the only injury worry. As for Greer if someone wants to buy him for £1 million I'll force my lardy, forty something frame in to a couple of cartwheels.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Yes but he's already bought a private jet to get up there on his £120k a week Premier league wages. Obviously :wink:

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

Does anyone else think that Big Philly has dropped a couple of pounds? Looks about three weeks behind with his pre-season eating.

Yes, he was made to look very good by the Gus system as did Greer for similar reasons - but he remains a piano shifter rather than a piano player and so the transfer sums quoted for him on this thread are ludicrous, but we might sell him at the top of his value as we did with the likes of Virgo in the past, no harm in that

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Yeah I was in the same corporate area and heard as well. Well you wouldn't you in a corporate area ? Of course .Leeds have identified how slow Gordon Greers is and how utterly out of his depth he is at this level and want to sign him immedialty. Then they can go back top League 1 and everyone will say ''oh poor old Leeds'' and shit.

I also heard Alan Partridge has stumped up the cash for Norwich top buy Bridcutt, but Partridge will own hin 'a la ' Tevez style.
And get him to lap dance for him.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR

Tell you what: If poor old Roy was still with us, he would have a field day with that post, correcting it for you. Eversheds revisited.

Stanley Unwin gobbledigook. ???

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Which is great news but was he limping? The club put out a communication yesterday that Bruno was the only injury worry. As for Greer if someone wants to buy him for £1 million I'll force my lardy, forty something frame in to a couple of cartwheels.

The Argus reported on Tuesday that Albion were having to deal with the "ongoing nursing of Liam Bridcutt (groin)". Also, on Friday they reported that Orlandi and Crofts were both ruled out of the Newport game with knee problems.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Lets not be too hard on GG. I agree that he may be a little over the hill now to perform consistently well in the Championship, (he is into his early thirties after all), and he has his limitations, lack of pace being the most obvious, but he is a fine captain and leader, and under Gus's fluid back four system was a surprisingly good passer of the ball too. Also a fine captain and leader for the past three seasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here