Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Transfer Deadline Day

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I just don't understand sending Sima out on loan, we have sent out two strikers on loan who are happy and willing to play. To keep Connolly who with all respect is more interested in getting sent home from away games and attitude seems to be terrible. He's only scored 5 premier league goals, how much patience does the club have with him. What happens when Maupay and Welbeck is injured, and Connolly can't help himself and gets sent home.

I want the Lad to do well, but my patience is wearing thin.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I really disagree that Trossard counts as a striker and have never liked wingers etc. being re-branded as such.

So I am a shade perplexed that we are so keen to loan out Sima when our need for another striking option is so great.

Oh well, off to the shop to get "Locadia" printed on my shirt, I guess.

Baffling.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
If we fail to sign a number 9 this window (I still expect us too as the club are not that stupid), then someone needs to pay for this with their job. They cannot continue to keep letting Tony down, he has the funds, he's willing to use them. They just keep failing to land one for him. Its pathetic.

Im with you, it's astonishing how everyone in charge has allowed the club to go backwards in the last decade, all the way from the 3rd tier to the 1st, and now four seasons we've been unable to get back to the 2nd tier. Just letting Tony down :nono:

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
really not happy he is off to bloody Stoke, why bother....

We are Bloody short on attacking options, only we would buy a player and loan him straight out......

:mad:

We have to try to identify the next hot prospect striker before they are ready for EPL, if we wait until they are ready then we’re immediately competing with 19 other clubs, about 15 of which will outbid and/or pay higher wages than us.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The whole day on Sky will be Ronaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldo. Full discussion on what number, what colour his tan is etc etc

No just sky! The top four articles on BBC Transfer Market are...................Ronaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldo aaaand.........................Ronaldo.

BBC has lost the plot..............again!

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Going with less then what we had last season, we are far weaker this season. Disgraceful. Had an entire window to sort a number 9 and failed yet again. Pathetic. Hope some in the recruitment team are looking for new jobs come tomorrow.

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
We're not one to panic buy, we do all the necessary prep work and put in place the right process before signing players so if we have nobody line up I'd prefer we kept it that way rather than panic at this stage and sign someone on a whim (not that we'd do that anyway). Once Welbz is back we're adequately stocked.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Let’s see how much Arsenal want to keep Nkiteh, if Palace sign that bloke from Celtic then they are likely no longer interested and we should throw a cheeky £10m or a loan to buy offer at Arsenal. I’d take the same approach with Origi at Liverpool.
Halve that and I'd agree with you! They're both over-rated by their respective clubs, and both are over-priced.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Frustrating is the only word for it.

I’m not really pushing for Bloom to spend his money as I’m aware how much he has bailed our club out over the years.

However, I do find it puzzling that we get the constant message from the club about aspirations of being able to compete for a top ten place… yet we don’t back that up with the transfer strategy to achieve that.

I’d much rather that nothing was said, that way expectations aren’t raised and ultimately disappointed.

My biggest concern is losing Potter if he feels we aren’t matching his ambition.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Going with less then what we had last season, we are far weaker this season. Disgraceful. Had an entire window to sort a number 9 and failed yet again. Pathetic. Hope some in the recruitment team are looking for new jobs come tomorrow.

Christ you are a right miserabilist - if you aren't careful you will run out of negative words.
Are you sure you are supporting the right team?

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Frustrating is the only word for it.

I’m not really pushing for Bloom to spend his money as I’m aware how much he has bailed our club out over the years.

However, I do find it puzzling that we get the constant message from the club about aspirations of being able to compete for a top ten place… yet we don’t back that up with the transfer strategy to achieve that.

I’d much rather that nothing was said, that way expectations aren’t raised and ultimately disappointed.

My biggest concern is losing Potter if he feels we aren’t matching his ambition.

Despite what GP says in public, it is hard to believe he will be happy going into the season with just those three strikers, given the issues we have had in scoring goals/injuries etc.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Despite what GP says in public, it is hard to believe he will be happy going into the season with just those three strikers, given the issues we have had in scoring goals/injuries etc.

Difficult though to know.

I mean he must have signed off on the loan of Zeqiri and if we get Sima signed and loaned.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
What I want for the Albion and what it gets are not always the same. However, I have faith in Potter to keep stunning me with great play and performances. After watching the Everton game it was a shortage of Wing backs that was blatantly clear. If Potter feels he can cope with his options I'm happy to go with that.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
really not happy he is off to bloody Stoke, why bother....

We are Bloody short on attacking options, only we would buy a player and loan him straight out......

:mad:
And pay £600k to release our own player from a loan like we did with Macalliser.

We are definitely short up front, strange one

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
What I want for the Albion and what it gets are not always the same. However, I have faith in Potter to keep stunning me with great play and performances. After watching the Everton game it was a shortage of Wing backs that was blatantly clear. If Potter feels he can cope with his options I'm happy to go with that.

Absolutely - the problem was we just couldn't get the ball forward quickly enough. The answer to this is pacy wing backs and excellent ball players. [nb: The only times we WERE effective against Everton was when we played the ball to feet through the midfield....the ball can travel a lot quicker than even an Antonio or Traore!]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here