Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Transfer Deadline Day

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
As fans we are entitled to nothing and are lucky to be in the position we are. However, if we don't sign a striker ready to play in our 1st XI then Graham Potter is going to come under huge pressure from the media. Everyone and his dog identified we had no cutting edge last season, hence the 25 dropped points from winning positions and the 16th place finish despite possessing a top-half standard defence.

If that is repeated then it will look like a dereliction of duty and he will get it both barrels.

Potter talks frequently about "we need to improve the players we have", so sending his signing Zeqiri out on a season-long loan to Augsburg when we only have 3 strikers makes no sense.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
5:20pm here and after a couple coaching sessions earlier, have my feet up with a 4 pack in the fridge and a pizza on the way. This could be the day we lay the foundations for a mid table finish and thus ability to attract other foreign players in the future and continue climbing.

Cucurella who I find it amazing people don't know/rate (imagine Ryan Sessegnon but way better and having started regularly for years in a top league since the moment they both broke through about 4-5 years ago super young) alongside any striker be they a project or a starter. Just as long as they're not a clone style wise of Maupay as we need a compliment or alternative. Most of the names we've been linked to would do nicely and only wishing for one of them.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I doubt. Potter has very little to do with recruitment and the media are fully aware of that

Interesting that at the weekend he said that the club have a responsibility to be stronger at the end of the window than at the start. I’m not convinced that we are at the moment.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
During window Chelsea have sold 3 players that came through academy for £80/90m. That is impressive

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We've all been waiting for you to come back with the inside scoop.....

Obvs not been pumping your SAUCES hard enough, or GREASED the right palms?

What nooks and crannies have you been up?

I’m ABOARD in a foreign place so my SAUCERERS are my only means of info - [MENTION=12291]Bradders[/MENTION] text last night but he keeps saying ULLOA IS BACK but I can’t see it - classic [MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION] that

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes, seems dead and no, no news (other than Edouard seems to be Palace bound, which many seem oddly delighted about).

Yeh the Edouard thing is odd - no big club went in for him despite them trying to name us and I think it could be his attitude. I unfortunately think he’ll be decent if motivated. Thankfully for 2010 they have no other sulky twats in their ranks. If the silly wage demands are true, it’s no surprise Palace went for it with their history - nobody else was interested it seems but time will tell. Backwards move from Celtic for him though.

Last edited:

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
Dickie Watch

Nobody yet met QPRs valuation for their star defender Rob Dickie despite strong interest from a number of PL clubs.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
During window Chelsea have sold 3 players that came through academy for £80/90m. That is impressive

Chelsea are the leaders in the use of their academy as a means of fattening players for market, an approach that we are clearly seeking to emulate.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yeh the Edouard thing is odd - no big club went in for him despite them trying to name us and I think it could be his attitude. I unfortunately think he’ll be decent if motivated. Thankfully for 2010 they have no other sulky twats in their ranks. If the silly wage demands are true, it’s no surprise Palace went for it with their history - nobody else was interested it seems but time will tell. Backwards move from Celtic for him though.

There are clubs higher up the food chain or level with Palace who need a striker, yet have chosen not to move for Edouard, i.e. West Ham, Wolves, Leeds, Southampton, us. Clearly, there are factors at play that are putting these clubs off.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

Watching him on Sunday against Rangers..... think we are better off with Locadia

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I doubt. Potter has very little to do with recruitment and the media are fully aware of that

I can't see how he can make a call on 4th striker Zeqiri's loan move without having some involvement in the recruitment process.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
There are clubs higher up the food chain or level with Palace who need a striker, yet have chosen not to move for Edouard, i.e. West Ham, Wolves, Leeds, Southampton, us. Clearly, there are factors at play that are putting these clubs off.

Maybe he is just going somewhere he will play every week.

He would be on the bench at those clubs you mention.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
If we are unable to sign a forward with more ability than Connolly to provide competition and a viable option when Maupay/Wellbeck are injured or out of form then we are doing something massively wrong.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
I want deadline day done and I can get back on with my life, I've worn out my screen protector checking for the latest transfer news every 3 minutes since the window opened.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sky still dragging anyone on to talk about Ronaldo. Who cares.

This is BG's day we've signed a bloody LEFT BACK

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I love he way he says his name ... it sounds so .... well ... Spanish

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here