[Football] Transfer Deadline Day

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I agree with those who are frustrated, Maupay breaks a leg against Brentford then suddenly we are left with an injury prone Welbeck and Connolly who cannot score to get us to the January window.

If we don’t get a new striker I have two main thoughts:

1. It makes us more likely to lose our manager sooner than we would have. Of course he says all the right things publicly but the club, despite I’m sure trying very hard, are simply not giving him the tools to do his job.

2. I would like an explanation from Barber as to the strategy and logic behind our transfer strategy. Before people start yelling ‘why should he’ at me, we are the people who pour our money into the club and although not all are many fans are clearly confused and frustrated by our transfer policy. Second we saw Aston Villa do it with the sail of Grealish, a very clear explanation of the approach and why, we deserve the same transparency. If we can issue an in depth update of our catering issues we can certainly do the same for our transfer policy.

Number 2 makes you sound entitled.

Why should any owner/CEO come out and explain their thinking behind a transfer window?

Transfer and catering are completely different aspects of the club.

Catering is providing a service for the fans on a match day whilst they moan they don't have a striker.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Hmmmm I'm not that impressed thus far, especially letting young Andi leave - bizarre if we're loaning out our supposed striker purchase too. If I'm a bit perplexed, then what must GP be thinking?!?

It would be okay if we retain our one in (up top), not great but passable - however the current plan spells disaster. If we lose NM to a ban/injury we're not seriously expecting game after game for DW are we? or expecting AC to lead the line for 90 mins on his own week after week. I therefore conclude we must be hoping big Jurgs can play a useful part after all.

All in all it's not brilliant is it? It's really looking thin up top, a real Bobby Charlton comb over without Bobby underneath it.

On the 25 man squad thread, we currently have 21 over 21s available.
Including Locadia and Baluta.

This is a very light squad indeed.

harriri2000

Apr 7, 2011
Championship here we come!!!!

Look on the bright side at least we'll get parachute payments to help us out in that league because our budget and pat structure will be more suited to the championship.

But the down side is Potter will jump ship to a team with more aspiration [emoji24][emoji24]

Then we'll struggle to get a decent manager to get us back up to the Premiership.

Oooh it's a great time to be a brighton supporter........ NOT [emoji22]

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Look on the bright side at least we'll get parachute payments to help us out in that league because our budget and pat structure will be more suited to the championship.

But the down side is Potter will jump ship to a team with more aspiration [emoji24][emoji24]

Then we'll struggle to get a decent manager to get us back up to the Premiership.

Oh my word.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
WHY aren't we SECURING the singings of ANDY CARROLL and DAN THE MAN STURRIDGE

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The sad thing is Locadia is better than Connolly

The sad thing is he isn't, but that people are really starting to put the knife into one of our own (and yes, I do think Connolly should have been one of the ones we are sending out on loan, should have been loaned out a year ago, or two years ago. He's still one of our own academy graduates though).

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

833830a4d1049ecd22f3e00aea4f27d0.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
That would leave us with Maupay, Welbeck and Big Jurg :facepalm:

Maybe not.

1h ago

Brighton's Locadia could leave the club after window shuts
Jurgen Locadia could leave Brighton after the transfer window shuts at 11pm (BST) tonight.

The Athletic understands the Dutch forward is attracting interest in Turkey, where the window doesn’t close until September 8.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports