Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains tonite

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
The queue to Brighton last night was actually dangerous and could so easily have been avoided. The first mistake was letting the queue build up while a train was waiting to leave that was at most 60% full. When this train left, rather than let an appropriate number passengers onto the platform they wait for the next train to arrive. As this train arrived they opened the holding barrier in the middle of the queue while police at the front of the queue aggresively pushed back against those rushing/being pushed on to the platform. This caused a crush and carnage was only avoided as police and stewards somehow managed to prop up the metal railings. It was an absolute shambles with no strategy or common sense being applied.

Somebody needs to step up and fix what should be a simple enough process.

That's my take, and it's been getting worse this season. They have increasingly made the entrance for the West bound trains narrower causing more pushing and shoving. Couple of seasons ago there did not seem to be these problems, they counted people through to wait on the station, no pushing or anxiety from the crowd who can see a train pulling up but are unable to get on a half empty station until some official lets them loose then it's all running to get to the carriages. It used to work fine, no doubt an elf and safety prat is at the bottom of the new system. It's dangerous especially for children.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
People who wait by the doors when the train is empty do my noodle. It's ok if they're getting off at the next stop, but otherwise, jog on. Where's the responsibility? Why do the train provider have to tell people not to be so stupid? Why can't people just move down the train by themselves?

The worst thing if you're running late and about to miss a train is a crowd or people hanging around the door so that you can't get on.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
People who wait by the doors when the train is empty do my noodle. It's ok if they're getting off at the next stop, but otherwise, jog on. Where's the responsibility? Why do the train provider have to tell people not to be so stupid? Why can't people just move down the train by themselves?

The worst thing if you're running late and about to miss a train is a crowd or people hanging around the door so that you can't get on.

They are the same people who block the doors when others are trying to get OFF, rather than stepping off for a few seconds. On midweek matches, on the Eastbopund side we also get the morons waiting for the second train through in the way of those trying to get on the first train.........

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
They are the same people who block the doors when others are trying to get OFF, rather than stepping off for a few seconds. On midweek matches, on the Eastbopund side we also get the morons waiting for the second train through in the way of those trying to get on the first train.........

Makes me ask myself why people think it's ok to just obstruct others. Is it bumbling, stupidity, selfishness?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here