Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains tonite

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
People were standing in doorways instead of moving down the carriage. We asked them to move down so that more could get on, but one bloke sullenly replied,' I'm not moving'.
My other half is quite a big built fella, so he moved past him, making sure Mr Sullen did have step out of the way, so enabling the carriage to fill up.

Which is why you have someone with a megaphone BELLOWING move down the train. Maybe a BTP officer. Its really really not rocket science.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A late Zamora winner and a quality TMLS rail rant. Does one need anything more in life? Excellent stuff.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Going East was worse than normal - seemed like there was one of the usual trains (Lewes only ?) cancelled, then the next two (Eastbourne and Seaford) trains were delayed. Got to Lewes about 20 mins later than normal at around 10.30. Little bit irritating, sure, but doesn't really change my life that much.

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
Club need to address issue.Wonder how many have given up on mid-week evening games and therefore a real revenue loser to the club.Old enough to remember 7.30 kick-offs at the Goldstone,back in Upper Beeding drinking ale by 10pm.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Club need to address issue.Wonder how many have given up on mid-week evening games and therefore a real revenue loser to the club.Old enough to remember 7.30 kick-offs at the Goldstone,back in Upper Beeding drinking ale by 10pm.

Let's put it this way, Bristol City was not enough of a draw for me even though we were top etc etc. Evening games are a major headache and the club is losing out on revenue all the while this continues (personally I didn't spend about £50 last night on ticket and stuff). Yeah bad fan, so what? I will be back at The Amex on Saturday looking for another 3 points and then at Reading for what will hopefully be a great day out. Night game at Falmer, struggle to race to game from work, eat our 'prize winning' pie (cough), get dicked about for the train home, get home late and up early next day for work. Now I will only do this once or twice a season, and Bristol City was not one of those.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
No problem in the coach park home by 10.50 :drama: wait to the Uckfield to Lewes line reopens that a cause some confusion🚝🚇🚃

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This seems to be a regular midweek problem with the trains. I've only ever driven for a Tuesday and have usually been on the A23 within 45-50 mins of the final whistle, so maybe that's the best option?

I think that any club that gets 20K+ has transport issues. I walked back the 2.5 miles to Leeds station on Saturday, and it looked like a nightmare for anyone that parked within 1-2 miles of Elland Road.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think that any club that gets 20K+ has transport issues.

This is probably the same attitude the rail company has as well.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Got a bit more of a buffeting than usual in the queue this evening as we squeezed through the gap onto the WB platform...glad I didn't have any children or midgets in my charge.

But I was in Churchill Sq by 10.35 enjoying a cheeky Kronenbourg in the Prince of Wales in time for my 11.08 Coastline 700. Its a superb way to end the evening. I can't recommend it enough.
Is the 700 covered by the transport levy?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I heard there were train shortages hence the delays East bound. I partly blame the ref for starting the first half three minutes late and then second half even later. I bet those on the West bound platform enjoyed the empty 8 car speeding through the platform and ten past ten, I think that was the Eastbourne which should have been going the other way at that time and had to go into Brighton to turn round.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
The queue to Brighton last night was actually dangerous and could so easily have been avoided. The first mistake was letting the queue build up while a train was waiting to leave that was at most 60% full. When this train left, rather than let an appropriate number passengers onto the platform they wait for the next train to arrive. As this train arrived they opened the holding barrier in the middle of the queue while police at the front of the queue aggresively pushed back against those rushing/being pushed on to the platform. This caused a crush and carnage was only avoided as police and stewards somehow managed to prop up the metal railings. It was an absolute shambles with no strategy or common sense being applied.

Somebody needs to step up and fix what should be a simple enough process.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I heard there were train shortages hence the delays East bound. I partly blame the ref for starting the first half three minutes late and then second half even later. I bet those on the West bound platform enjoyed the empty 8 car speeding through the platform and ten past ten, I think that was the Eastbourne which should have been going the other way at that time and had to go into Brighton to turn round.
Ah, I wondered about the empty one that sped through.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The queue to Brighton last night was actually dangerous and could so easily have been avoided. The first mistake was letting the queue build up while a train was waiting to leave that was at most 60% full. When this train left, rather than let an appropriate number passengers onto the platform they wait for the next train to arrive. As this train arrived they opened the holding barrier in the middle of the queue while police at the front of the queue aggresively pushed back against those rushing/being pushed on to the platform. This caused a crush and carnage was only avoided as police and stewards somehow managed to prop up the metal railings. It was an absolute shambles with no strategy or common sense being applied.

Somebody needs to step up and fix what should be a simple enough process.

100% agree. As i said before its not rocket science.

A quick trip to East Croydon in the morning about 7.30/8am or London Bridge at 5pm and they will see what a packed train is like. Those ARE filled up.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Lucky off work at the moment, so in Dicks for a couple then bimbled down to a near empty platform to head west. I realise if you need to get home quicker then it's really bad & as others have said, it can really put you off the midweek games.
It was never this bad getting away from Hove in the Goldstone days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here