Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Training Kit - Pi$$take

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No one's forcing you to buy it. No one's forcing anyone to wear it. And, if you do buy and wear it you're helping to contribute to funding the best team the club's ever put out.

:shrug:
I didn't come here for a lecture in communism.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I'm with #worthingseagull on this.
We need only 1 x away, 1 x third, 1 x European, 1 x training indoors, 1 x training outdoors, 1 x training warm weather country, 1 x coach (as in what they wear in the coach), 1 x for TV interviews, 1 x in disguise and the traditional blue & white stripes.
But then what does Pascal Gross wear when he's on the train??

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sell Mitoma and we'll be back to one set of Soul Cal's trackies a season.

You can't blame the club for taking the Yen.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
My daughter’s house mate works in the warehouse at the Amex you wouldn’t believe how much official merchandise is being shipped out on a daily basis. Like anything else I think the club know what they are doing.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Do any actual adults wear stuff like this?
So out of my depth with stuff. Do you wear it to the pub? What is it for beyond players training in it?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
So out of my depth with stuff. Do you wear it to the pub? What is it for beyond players training in it?
I have some Trackie Bottoms from a few seasons ago that were on sale that I wear for working at home, to be fair they are very comfy.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Something not quite right here on the goalkeeper kit section

Kits.PNG

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The answer is not 'don't buy the kit', it's 'don't buy new clothes - ever'. I made my choice back in the 80s and I'm sticking with it, despite the ravages of age and weight. If I start buying new clothes, then who's going to embarrass my children by wandering behind them looking like 1985 Roddy Frame's fat ugly uncle?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
IE you only buy second hand or you actually haven't bought any since the 80s? Either way, love it. That 1985 training top will be worth loads now.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
with the launch of the latest training kit "refresh kit" that is 7 different training kits/midlayers the club have had just THIS season (and we are only half the way through it !!!!

Nike and the club (for allowing it) are taking the pi$$ imo and at the same time, turning our stands into a multicoloured Rod Jane & Freddy shambles
You started the thread with no pics, so I looked in the online shop to see what the fuss is about. The refresh kit looks pretty rubbish, but it made me look. I have a couple of favoured Albion training shirts and I could have been tempted by other stuff, but not this time. Made me check out the shop offers though. Do you work in the shop?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
The way I see it is that if people want to spunk their money on such stuff then let them. All profits generated are hopefully helping the club we love. If you think we have a fair amount of clobber for sale, I suggest you take a look in the Man U or Chelsea stores next time you go to an away game.

Makes us look like a back street kiosk with a few small lines in comparison.

And YES - McDonalds do have too much choice. A Big Mac or Chicken is all that's required.

The Hermit Kingdom

Oct 29, 2023
Wow, someone is an angry puppy
Far from it, I just think Easy10 is a complete twat. You seem happy to ignore the darker side of Nike in your post, which comes at it from a very odd perspective of ploughing profits back into the club while completely ignoring the human rights abuses that are intrinsic to the Nike empire, while also having the temerity to mention bigger world problems to worry about.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Japanese adults do, yes, and long may they carry on funding South American wonderkids.

When I was running seriously I would get the new training kit every season to run in. Actual training in training kit. Amazing,

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Japanese adults do, yes, and long may they carry on funding South American wonderkids.

When I was running seriously I would get the new training kit every season to run in. Actual training in training kit. Amazing,
Snood?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Because the club or Nike would never take the piss!
And how about ‘funnelling’ the profits back to the Vietnamese and Philippine kids working 12 hour shifts for 10 cents an hour in slum conditions to keep the club shop stocked with that pointless First World shite so some sad middle-aged wanker (probably called Easy10 or similar) can ‘proudly’ wear it to the match while others chortle behind his back?
I didn't come here for a lecture in communism.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Far from it, I just think Easy10 is a complete twat. You seem happy to ignore the darker side of Nike in your post, which comes at it from a very odd perspective of ploughing profits back into the club while completely ignoring the human rights abuses that are intrinsic to the Nike empire, while also having the temerity to mention bigger world problems to worry about!
:ffsparr:
Is that you volunteering to make the team hand sown kits made out of hessian, hair and the tears of unicorns, handling any complaints and funding gaps arising, particularly in the Tokyo area and finding these kids other jobs so that they can eat?

Well done! Have a gold star.

The Hermit Kingdom

Oct 29, 2023
Is that you volunteering to make the team hand sown kits made out of hessian, hair and the tears of unicorns, handling any complaints and funding gaps arising, particularly in the Tokyo area and finding these kids other jobs so that they can eat?

Well done! Have a gold star.
NSC’s most needy moderator strikes again, I’m sure you’ll get all the likes your fragile ego seeks.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
with the launch of the latest training kit "refresh kit" that is 7 different training kits/midlayers the club have had just THIS season (and we are only half the way through it !!!!

Nike and the club (for allowing it) are taking the pi$$ imo and at the same time, turning our stands into a multicoloured Rod Jane & Freddy shambles
It's only an issue for people stupid enough to fall for the con .... ohhh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here