Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Training ground

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
So we are meant to just slack off games because are team ain't good enough and we want to run the club well so we won't spend any money???

Are we slacking off games? We're in the middle of an injury crisis and we don't have two XI's that might propel us to the promised land.

Are we not spending money? We've signed a fair amount of players this season.

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
If u look at my other thread I say when we have all our players back we will strengthen but when we go to a team like yeovil who haven't got a point at home all season and have two shots on target that's poor. and tbh I don't see what our tactics are at the moment I don't think the player really know what we are doing we need a change of formation play two upfront it might not work but give it a go and, I'm not saying sack Oscar at all because it will take time the worrying thing for me is that when Gus first took over the first ten or so games we might have lost a few but I saw a progression at the moment I don't see any progression .

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Really ahah because at the moment I don't want to post of. Anyone else threads it's up to me what I post on lol very sad tbh if. See a post that'd not mine and I want to post I will do

Just noticed that you can only go back a few weeks on posts but I stand by what I said. You have a familiar ring about you Seagull56.

BOF, you are an intelligent fellow. Surprised you have risen to him. This guy is a troll. Doesn't even have English as a first language. See above.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Not at all that's why one of the reasons poyet left he went to seem bloom and asked what money do I have to spend on players and bloom said pretty much nothing as the training ground is costing so much and he went into one and said yes it is important to the club but how do you expect me to get this team to the prem without money!

Not the case at all, infrastructure has nothing to do with the playing budget, either you are talking shit, or been misinformed.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Just wanted to know people thoughts about the new training ground are people happy that yes we have a new training ground and it's going to be awesome for the club and bring through youth but we have had to give up giving a transfer budget to the manager

and God only knows what building a £55m hotel complex will do to the playing budget for years to come :angry:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I was just asking for people options that's all that's what this is for right ??
Some people on here will moan about anything. You'll get used to it.

Our playing budget isn't small. We have spent quite a few million pounds over the last couple of seasons (CMS, Ulloa, Buckley and Hoskins didn't come cheap). We made an £8 million loss last season and that needs to go as it isn't sustainable. If the penalties for not abiding by FFP are strong enough, we could be reaping the rewards of keeping within the rules. And bloom is building the hotel which will probably add to the playing budget once it is making a profit. It is better to be sensible then end up like Portsmouth. And the training ground will hopefully lead to more homegrown talent.

Freeloaders

Banned
Oct 6, 2013
What homegrown talent would that be then please??? Or are you talking about the vile drunken freeloading rubbish Dunk,JFC,and Barker ??? All players that know other top clubs want.Lets face it Dunks really set the world alight at Bristol city lol hahaha.His not even a good league one player,same as Barker last season at Barnet,and JFC at Oxford.Every top scout that watched them said pure rubbish only playing league football because who their parents know.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
poyet went to seem bloom and asked what money do I have to spend on players and bloom said pretty much nothing as the training ground is costing so much and he went into one and said yes it is important to the club but how do you expect me to get this team to the prem without money!

I think you are in a dreamworld. This obviously never happened.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Show me a club outside of the premier league where that has worked to the extent that the club has consistently produced players good enough for the top flight through their academy.

Southampton did ok.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Show me a club outside of the premier league where that has worked to the extent that the club has consistently produced players good enough for the top flight through their academy.

The training ground isn't just to build an Academy to develop young players it's for all levels from the first team down. It's going to benefit the club to have a better training ground for first team players. It must be a bit strange for a player being shown round the Amex to then be shown a couple of pitches that we borrow from Sussex Uni rather than our own state of the art complex to train in that any decent side has now.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Man Utd did alright using this policy.....Beckham, Scholes, Giggs, Nicky Butt, the Nevilles....etc

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I say it again the players spend more time on the training ground than the Amex and if we want to produce or attract new players we need these facilities can't wait to have a tour of the Accadamy . Please have patience I been watching the Albion since 1964 and it been a roller coaster expierence up and down we need to have a club that is sustainable for a long term and this is the right way to go I believe . Just remember the past. Still Hate Archer and his cronies.TB has delivered a great stadium also we must not forget DK contribution. We will beat Watford next Monday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here