Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Training ground - New monks farm

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's mind boggling isn't it - That's probably >50% of our respective clubs' revenue. RIP Football as we new it!

Surely, it's just another way to pump cash into the club without infringing the FFP rules?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Surely, it's just another way to pump cash into the club without infringing the FFP rules?

Possibly, but it doesn't change the fact that it's huge bit of wedge, that is so far in excess of what our clubs could hope to achieve...

Also, I misread earlier, it's obviously far more than 50% of our clubs revenues....

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Possibly, but it doesn't change the fact that it's huge bit of wedge, that is so far in excess of what our clubs could hope to achieve...

Also, I misread earlier, it's obviously far more than 50% of our clubs revenues....

Oh I agree - but in the same way Man City got a massive shirt deal / ground naming rights cash windfall. In fact Man City and PSG are being investigated by EUFA for this very thing:

UEFA will not let clubs flout financial rules - World - Sports - Ahram Online

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Oh I agree - but in the same way Man City got a massive shirt deal / ground naming rights cash windfall. In fact Man City and PSG are being investigated by EUFA for this very thing:

UEFA will not let clubs flout financial rules - World - Sports - Ahram Online

Regardless of the outcome it won't make a huge amount of difference. They can't stop the cash coming into the club, they may put a cap of some sort on what can be included in the FFP aspects but I doubt that too. Ultimately the rich clubs will get their way and may make a few negligible concessions to allow the governing bodies to save face

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The application for three additional pitches is being heard at the Adur Planning Committee tonight.

Application Number: AWDM/0205/13
Recommendation – APPROVE
Site:
Land South West Of New Monks Farm, Mash Barn Lane, Lancing, West Sussex
Proposal:
Construction of 3no. additional football pitches (1 x grass, 2 x artificial) and relocation of reed bed on land to east of approved training ground. Continuation of acoustic fencing on northern boundary plus fencing and landscaping to site boundary

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Application Number: AWDM/0205/13
Recommendation – APPROVE
Site:
Land South West Of New Monks Farm, Mash Barn Lane, Lancing, West Sussex
Proposal:
Construction of 3no. additional football pitches (1 x grass, 2 x artificial) and relocation of reed bed on land to east of approved training ground. Continuation of acoustic fencing on northern boundary plus fencing and landscaping to site boundary

Fantastic news, and I didn't have to go on a March or follow John Prescott anywhere...

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Just about to leave to watch the next step get even bigger.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I'm here, sitting behind Martin Perry

Centurion

Sep 2, 2012
I grew up on the farm where it is, my dad still owns a house in the middle. It's going to be in the bottom right corner by mash barn and the railway line.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Any idea why they suddenly decided they needed more pitches? Still think it's odd that the indoor pitch is only half-sized.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Any idea why they suddenly decided they needed more pitches?
Is there anything in the Academy Category requirements that would mean we want more pitches? Probably not.
Still think it's odd that the indoor pitch is only half-sized.
Having it full-size would have cost a fortune, and you don't need to train on a full-size pitch all the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here