Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Training ground - New monks farm

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I'd like to see the most current plans of the site.
The one I posted on page 2 has the construction access road using the golf course construction road by the weighbridge.

Last edited:

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I thought I read somewhere that access for construction was to be from the A27. Access for the completed site to be only via Mash Barn Lane.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
All the activity in the layby is due to the drainage works on the A27- That's their HQ.
And the only time i've seen the toilets open. Plus there's a pikey 'orse hanging around there.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
All the activity in the layby is due to the drainage works on the A27- That's their HQ.
And the only time i've seen the toilets open. Plus there's a pikey 'orse hanging around there.

Not sure if thats 100% correct. The work I saw going on with the diggers and earthmovers seemed to be heading south from the A27 and towards where the training is going to be.

Don't think you would need one of those humungos earth moving machines used to scrape away earth and flatten surfaces if it was for the drainage works, (which I think are now finished anyway as all the warning signs are down).

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Somebody also told me that electicity cables are being laid too

Let's hope so. It'd be a bit shit if there was no hot water in the showers.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
I understood that the golf course was now a non-starter and that the owners had decided not to build it.

I think what I was seeing on the A27 was the construction access roads being started

Yes apologies does look like it is construction access road I didn't realise access for building was going to be through there. I do know there is planning going in for housing on the golf course site though with Mash Barn Lane next to the garage being the entrance with a new roundabout on the A27.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Oct 6, 2010
BEhgsv-CQAAye7j.jpg
BEhhvH1CMAEB-nR.jpg
BEhi98xCEAArdFz.jpg
BEhge0UCUAAtvDM.jpg

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
By the time it's built, ice baths will be so passe.

Cryogenic baths? So that we can literally put our players 'on ice' after each match and thaw them the day before each fixture, that way the current squad could keep going until 2050, surpassing Gordon Strachan's record of still playing when he was 62 (or whatever it was) thanks to a staple diet of bananas.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Meh....I'm sure someone at a football or rugby club would of figured it out by now?

You'd have thought so wouldn't you? I reckon the players have probably become addicted to that mahoosive rush you get when the hot human bod is plunged into sub-zero water. Rather them than me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here