Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Training ground - New monks farm

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Apparently one of the points of opposition was due to a lady needing access to her horses via this piece of land. Form what i gather the Albion are paying her mortgage off for her and then will help her relocate to a more suitable area (She's looking for a place round Littlehampton) and will help her to sell her current house and purchase a new one for her including some land for her animals. She's well happy!!

I thought it was simply leaving her a path giving access to her horses.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think it is about here if anyone is struggling to picture it's location:

MonksFarm.jpg

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Took a couple of photos this lunchtime. Work has started on the entrance road area. Somebody also told me that electicity cables are being laid too

001 - 280113.jpg002 - 280113.jpg

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Not sure where those pictures are taken but it doesn't look like the entrance to the site which is just a bit of bramble at the moment.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Apparently one of the points of opposition was due to a lady needing access to her horses via this piece of land. Form what i gather the Albion are paying her mortgage off for her and then will help her relocate to a more suitable area (She's looking for a place round Littlehampton) and will help her to sell her current house and purchase a new one for her including some land for her animals. She's well happy!!

im not suprised,heard they have already brought 3 house together

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
The final piece of our Jigsaw. I didn't care about the extension of the Amex last year, for me it was about one thing and that was having a proper Training Ground and a Academy. Where we can bring in future Albion players from all over the South, Country and maybe the World.

very much this

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
I came past on the A27 this morning heading towards Worthing and there seems to be a hive of activity just behind the laybye which is behind the trees just before you get to the petrol station.

Lots of diggers, portacabins, earth movers and such and work seeemed to have started in haste.

Came back the other way about 1pm and there still at it.

Paging Mr Straw. :rolleyes:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I came past on the A27 this morning heading towards Worthing and there seems to be a hive of activity just behind the laybye which is behind the trees just before you get to the petrol station.

Lots of diggers, portacabins, earth movers and such and work seeemed to have started in haste.

That area is a long way from where the ground will be

Can we expect weekly pictures from you mate?

All depends on access

Where is that? Gravelly Crescent on the Mash Barn Estate?

Mash Barn Lane, just before Gravelly Cres.

Not sure where those pictures are taken but it doesn't look like the entrance to the site which is just a bit of bramble at the moment.

The entrance road will be exactly where those were taken (according to the diagrams)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I hope this bullshit!
I don't think the club should be paying off some old bints mortgage just so she feed her f***ing horse!
She'll flog them to Tesco as soon as they're ready for knacker!

This is also my aunty you are talking about... :angry:

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing

No wrong place that is supposedly going to be a golf course

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
If this is the current plan, then the completed entrance road is the part on the left of the site. I took those photos at the far left of the marked road.
The construction access road is the windy road on the right.

TGsite.JPG

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Good to see they have plenty of parking bays marked out for Vicente :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here