Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

train carnage again to london

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Nuts. I'm travelling to Manchester today on an advanced ticket on named trains. Anyone know if I am permitted to get an earlier train than my specified train to make sure I don't miss my connecting train?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Making back a fortune this year with delay repay. That said they have not responded to any claims yet

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Got to Hove at 7.05 to see the 6.31 still hadn't left and was blocking a platform. Headed straight back home. Probably done as much work from home as the office this year so far.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Why do the trains brake down so frigging often down here? Cars don't. Good job planes don't.

Yup, I'm back home after sitting on my London Bridge train at Hove for an hour. Pathetic - either the trains are comng to the end of their lives or they're not maintained properly.i've been doing this commute for 20 years and the reliability is no better now than then. - not that Southerns stats will show you that. Any other business that had not improved in 20 years would not still be in business.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
I like how southernfail tweeted 3 different people within a minute saying 3 different delay times for the same train 30 mins 45 mins and an hour

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Nuts. I'm travelling to Manchester today on an advanced ticket on named trains. Anyone know if I am permitted to get an earlier train than my specified train to make sure I don't miss my connecting train?

I would say if you got a discount on the ticket due to getting specific trains, then they wouldn't normally let you go on others without penalty. You might get away with it though, depending on the guard

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
National rail site when you put in brighton to london bridge it says all on time.

Mobile version says 60 min delays.

Great work, glad I made the decision to quit London and work in Lewes in just under 2 weeks time :)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Another few million man-hours lost today then. Lovely how one clapped out tin box can cut whole counties off from their place of work.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Another few million man-hours lost today then. Lovely how one clapped out tin box can cut whole counties off from their place of work.

Other than the time lost sat on the train, I'll probably work more hours today at home than I would have done, because I won't have a rush later to get home. Not really the point though

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
I don't normally commute but have had to for the past few days. I have nothing but respect (and a slight sense of pity) for those of you who do this regularly. Currently crammed, Japan-style on the Hove to Brighton train. That said, I do have an extremely attractive young lady pressed up against me, so it's not all bad news.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here