Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train Alert - Tomorrow morning (Monday)

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Not here. I would be standing outside Brighton station shouting and rattling the padlocked gates.

I'm all for having a Dunkirk spirit and getting people to show a bit of backbone but I have some sympathy for the authorities on this one. By doing a bit of rational pre-planning and issuing advisory warnings it could save a far worse outcome. No doubt it will be a very busy 24 hours for the authorities, let alone if there is a lot of disruption or serious incidents. There will still be those punters who will be dialling 999 because their TV remote doesn't work or the wind is too noisy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Care to explain why when the last time Germany had the same such conditions as this, they suspended trains at the first chance

I don't believe this.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Then emigrate!

This, it's is astonishing. The country caves in at the first opportunity.

Don't emigrate to places like Japan or Taiwan though that have these sorts of storms several times a summer. Because they do exactly the same thing.

Pour yourself an extra craft beer tonight, chill tomorrow and save your ire for that moment tomorrow night when you get charged £15 for a tiny sausage.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I guess the people who dont turn up tomorrow never went to the Withdean in the freezing cold wind with pouring rain - THAT was worse than what we are going to get.

I do not think that is the reason if it s a low turn out. It may well be because the match is on Sky and many people normally have trouble getting to and from evening matches. I know my grandson Ben and his mate do living in Guildford so much so that they have to catch a train soon after the finish or they cant get home that night and my wife finishes up driving to Guildford. With not finishing work until 5.30 they have decide due to possible travel delays to watch the match at a pub in Guildford.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The flooding damage in the Summer is still causing chaos on DB

True, I can appreciate a railway struggling when the tracks are 6 feet under water but the UK railways are melting down and Heathrow is now instructing airlines to cancel flights and the storm has not even started.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don't emigrate to places like Japan or Taiwan though that have these sorts of storms several times a summer. Because they do exactly the same thing.

Pour yourself an extra craft beer tonight, chill tomorrow and save your ire for that moment tomorrow night when you get charged £15 for a tiny sausage.

The wisest words spoken on NSC in a long long time.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
For once not Southerns fault. Network rail have implemented the suspension.

I will be demanding a delay repay payment though given my usual train is cancelled.

This will be the sixth consecutive day of my journey to work being late.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I don't believe this.

Well believe it. This sort of contingency happens the world over. I'll tell you what - why don't you drive the trains up a pitch black track risking running full pelt into trees or other debris risking your life and and the lives of 100s of people behind you. F*** sake think before you post.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Looking at forecast seems worst of it at 3 am so if they run the ghost train at first light and all clear then first train could be 7 am ish

Overly optimistic ?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Looking at forecast seems worst of it at 3 am so if they run the ghost train at first light and all clear then first train could be 7 am ish

Overly optimistic ?

Yes, ghost trains will run - but not very fast for obvious reasons. Key routes will be checked first too - meaning London - Croydon - Gatwick - then onto Brighton.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It just gets better - you think its bad for an airport to instruct airlines to cancel flights, the things that FLY in the SKY with hundreds on board, in near hurricane force winds ?

Jesus wept :facepalm:

As I pointed out, the storm has not arrived yet.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
As I pointed out, the storm has not arrived yet.

Yes, cos clearly it's better to wait for the storm to hit and then tell planes they can't land or to wait until the passengers are all on board and tell them "sorry folks, it's suddenly a bit windy - had no idea this would happen, everybody off". Words fail me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well believe it. This sort of contingency happens the world over. I'll tell you what - why don't you drive the trains up a pitch black track risking running full pelt into trees or other debris risking your life and and the lives of 100s of people behind you. F*** sake think before you post.

Drama queen

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes, cos clearly it's better to wait for the storm to hit and then tell planes they can't land or to wait until the passengers are all on board and tell them "sorry folks, it's suddenly a bit windy - had no idea this would happen, everybody off". Words fail me.

Try reading some of the reports about Heathrow and their poor record to keep their airport open in conditions which most other airports happily fly in. I simply do not trust them. They are shitters who shut up shop at the first opportunity. BA are similar. They also have a very poor record and continually cause problems around europe when they ground their fleet at the first opportunity clogging up other airports.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here