Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

Tottenham v Albion

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
Date: Saturday 16th April 2022
Kick-off: 12:30 BST
Referee: Craig Pawson
Assistants: Ian Hussin, Daniel Robathan
Fourth Official: Tony Harrington
VAR: Lee Mason
Additional VAR: Constantine Hatzidakis

TEAM NEWS

Tottenham wing-back Matt Doherty is out for the season with a knee injury sustained during last Saturday's win at Aston Villa.

Oliver Skipp is still struggling with a groin issue, while Japhet Tanganga is the only other long-term absentee.

Brighton are without midfielder Steven Alzate due to illness, while defender Shane Duffy has a thigh issue.

Adam Webster returned as a substitute last weekend and is pushing for a first start in two months.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Tottenham have won eight consecutive home games against Brighton in all competitions, including all four Premier League meetings.
    [*=left]Brighton's last top-flight away victory at Spurs came at White Hart Lane in October 1981.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have lost 12 of their last 17 matches with Tottenham. Their three wins in that period all came at home.
Tottenham

• [*=left]Tottenham are aiming to win five consecutive Premier League games for the first time since December 2018.
    [*=left]Antonio Conte's side have scored at least twice in each of their past seven top-flight matches.
    [*=left]Spurs have scored 34 league goals in 2022, the joint-best record in Europe's top five divisions along with RB Leipzig.
    [*=left]Harry Kane has seven Premier League assists from 14 appearances in 2022 - he registered five in 36 matches last year.
    [*=left]Kane has scored eight times in nine games against Brighton in all competitions.
    [*=left]Dejan Kulusevski could become the first Premier League player to provide seven assists in his first 10 starts.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton have lost just four of their 19 away fixtures this season in all competitions (W7, D8).
    [*=left]They are vying to earn a club record sixth top-flight away win in a season.
    [*=left]Albion's victory at Arsenal last weekend ended a run of one point from seven matches.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have scored just three goals in their past eight Premier League games.
    [*=left]Enock Mwepu has one goal and four assists from his last three top-flight starts, with Brighton winning all three of those games.

Graham Potter's Tottenham Press Conference

[tweet]1515276313430351877[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1515276313430351877

Last edited:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Can't see us getting anything from this tbh. Cheater Kane to con the ref into a free kick which he gets the winner in a 2-1 thriller.

I really do hope I'm wrong tho and it's another 3-0 to the boys in hyper.

If we play as good as vs The Arse, it'll be a good game and we've got our tails up. Nothing to lose boys, it's a free hitter, go for it.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Bloody Craig Pawson.

I’ve still not forgiven him.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
If the midfield looks like Mwepu, McAllister, Bissouma and Caicedo then expect more of the same from last week but Spurs are on a tremendous run so sadly think this one is likely to be 2-1 to them.

Whatever the result make sure you all sing your hearts out for the team please. Maybe they’ll do a hyper special and surprise us.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Would love to see the Albion score some more of those filthy goals we saw last week, it’s just like watching Brazil.

A win would be MASSIVE

HUGE game

Cucu / Mwepu / Caicedo / Tross all just need to KEEP IT LOOSE #staysilky

UTA

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
While everyone (clearly not everyone) was dismissing these 3 games as write offs and us ending up in a full on relegation battle, I thought we'd get something.

Now sure I thought we'd eek out a point and possibly even two, so I wasn't exactly confident.
But with that in mind I see no reason to move away from my original thinking and hope we'll eek out a point today.

High praise indeed.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Another great away performance 1-2. A real statement of intent that we intend to get that top 10 finish. A glorious day in the Sunshine and 3 points to go with it. What a Saturday.

Sadly I suspect we'll see the usual two embarrassing posters on here at FT regardless of the result, trying to get into arguments on a Saturday.

Attachments

• IMG_20220416_055655_067.jpg
    IMG_20220416_055655_067.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Off out to meet up and get the rattler to The Smoke soon,

Total free hit, innit? All I'm hoping for is that I see Caciedo and Mwepu and that we've learned the lessons from the last two games with them.

Of course, lessons learned could be "don't play Caciedo and Mwepu this week".

We'll see what happens when the starting shirts are handed out by the Potter Bingo machine at 11.30.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

Blimey, only 10 posts and it seems like we are playing Brazil c1970 !

This is Spuds, the biggest chokers in World sport, footballs equivalent of Colin Mongomerie, South African Test Cricket team and Jana Novotna 1993 combined...

Everyone know it will go spursey anytime soon...Let get it started today

UTA

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can't see us getting anything from this tbh. Cheater Kane to con the ref into a free kick which he gets the winner in a 2-1 thriller.

I really do hope I'm wrong tho and it's another 3-0 to the boys in hyper.

If we play as good as vs The Arse, it'll be a good game and we've got our tails up. Nothing to lose boys, it's a free hitter, go for it.

Kane manages to get the ref in his pocket every time we play them, I can pretty well guarantee me going into a rant at the tv as he cons him again today. The cheating ****

Looking forward to seeing how Potter sets us up today, hopefully something very left field which will of course result in rants on here when the teams are announced :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bloody Craig Pawson.

I’ve still not forgiven him.

The only saving grace was that it produced one of the best atmospheres since the Amex opened. I still haven’t forgiven CMS for his miss as Smug got one over against us with a massive helping hand from the ref

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here