Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Compulsive liar. Narcissist personality disorder. It’s a mental health illness. He is incapable of admitting to anything that makes him appear less than superior to everyone else.
He has a disorder, but essentially he ignored the rules he set because he fundamentally disagreed with them.

Its exceptionalism and these rules inside Downing Street need not apply to him. He was having leaving drinks after acrimonious departures of SPADS while the public were locked out of hospitals while loved ones suffocated to death in hospitals.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He has a disorder, but essentially he ignored the rules he set because he fundamentally disagreed with them.

Its exceptionalism and these rules inside Downing Street need not apply to him. He was having leaving drinks after acrimonious departures of SPADS while the public were locked out of hospitals while loved ones suffocated to death in hospitals.
Yes. He didn’t state it as such but his position is clearly that he didn’t think rules were broken because he didn’t think they applied to him. Morale at number 10 was apparently dipping. What else should a PM do other than PARTY?

It’s so sad that there are cretins in this country who buy into, consume and breathe his shit.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
They didn't seem to lay a glove on him from what I saw. I reckon he'll get away with his lies.
I hope you’re wrong, but fear you might be right.
But if he does get away with it, surely he has proved himself so stupid that he is finished anyway.
If you want to check whether something is illegal, why check with your Director of Communications when there are lawyers around.
How can you be so dogmatic and dramatic about the need for discipline and sticking to the rules for everyone else, when you are gaily flouting the rules yourself.
He introduces the concept of mitigation, and considers it necessary for staff morale and so on to have leaving dos and say thank you to people when hospitals and ALL their staff were being stretched beyond belief…….. and wouldn’t have dared to participate in any such nonsense.

And a berk like Rees-Mogg can make childish comments about marsupials, depicting it as a kangaroo court.
And a DIMwit like Nadine Dorries can twitter that she can’t see how anybody could not exonerate him completely after that performance. These are the people who were running the country during very difficult times.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I hope you’re wrong, but fear you might be right.
But if he does get away with it, surely he has proved himself so stupid that he is finished anyway.
If you want to check whether something is illegal, why check with your Director of Communications when there are lawyers around.
How can you be so dogmatic and dramatic about the need for discipline and sticking to the rules for everyone else, when you are gaily flouting the rules yourself.
He introduces the concept of mitigation, and considers it necessary for staff morale and so on to have leaving dos and say thank you to people when hospitals and ALL their staff were being stretched beyond belief…….. and wouldn’t have dared to participate in any such nonsense.

And a berk like Rees-Mogg can make childish comments about marsupials, depicting it as a kangaroo court.
And a DIMwit like Nadine Dorries can twitter that she can’t see how anybody could not exonerate him completely after that performance. These are the people who were running the country during very difficult times.
To me, the staff morale excuse is the lowest excuse of them all.
As we have read, people committed suicide during lockdown through lack of contact, people died alone, families couldn't hold full funeral services and a woman was arrested for removing her own mother from a care home because they were both suffering from loneliness. (she was de-arrested later)

Morale, my foot!

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
It is simply impossible for both of these statements to be true, isn’t it?

1) he did not intentionally mislead Parliament because he did not understand the guidance he was telling everyone else about
2) he is an intelligent man who is capable of making big decisions to lead the country.

If he is so thick that he did not know that guidance was being broken I would not let him loose on a paper round, let alone give him the nuclear codes. Ffs.

It might be the worst thing for the tory party if he did get through this because he will hang around looking for his next shot at power. The tiny rebellion yesterday from the boris fan maniacs on the n.Ireland deal is surely going to empower sunak to take him and the rest of that mob on. Dorries, Patel, JRM, Truss, gullis etc.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Is this investigation just about if he lied to the house?

Are there any other consequences coming his way for his behaviour around these parties?

The fact that he is still in parliament and facing these questions is incredible to me. Let alone the fact that he may end up keeping his job and if it is not too dramatic, his liberty.

Does his defence boil down to he didn't realise he was breaking the rules? No one told him?

I would suggest that everyone tries this with their next speeding ticket.
No, he's already admitted that he misinformed the House.
It's whether he:
-- inadvertently
-- recklessly, or
-- deliberately/intentionally
misled the House. The third option will have serious consequences. It's also very, very difficult to prove, especially without an admission from the parliamentarian under investigation. The committee yesterday were going after reckless, and it looks as though they've amassed a sufficient case to charge him with that, but we'll only find out when their report is released in a month or two.
Really like your speeding ticket analogy, which just about sums it up. The bloke has forged an entire career on bending things, evading issues, making statements that he backs away from ("I'll die in a ditch ..."), and so on.
He's famously dreadful at detail, and yesterday was a wonderful occasion where he was subject to sustained scrutiny wriggling for his political future. Unfortunately and, even despite the fact that the public have broadly cottoned on to the fact that he's a liar, he's still popular.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It is simply impossible for both of these statements to be true, isn’t it?

1) he did not intentionally mislead Parliament because he did not understand the guidance he was telling everyone else about
2) he is an intelligent man who is capable of making big decisions to lead the country.

If he is so thick that he did not know that guidance was being broken I would not let him loose on a paper round, let alone give him the nuclear codes. Ffs.

It might be the worst thing for the tory party if he did get through this because he will hang around looking for his next shot at power. The tiny rebellion yesterday from the boris fan maniacs on the n.Ireland deal is surely going to empower sunak to take him and the rest of that mob on. Dorries, Patel, JRM, Truss, gullis etc.
Yup. That sums it up extremely well.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Wow. That's a rosta of bell-ends, if ever I saw one. All it needs is Farrage, Hopkins and Julie Burchill for a full house.

Anyway, nobody is interested in perfectly innocent events at number 10. There are far more important issues to worry about than the honour and integrity of government.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Wow. That's a rosta of bell-ends, if ever I saw one. All it needs is Farrage, Hopkins and Julie Burchill for a full house.
I did like one of the replies which simply said "this is like my dream coconut shy"

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Ofcom need to be give more power. Gbeebies is just pure propaganda, time to start calling out the advertisers funding this...
I suspect it will eventually fail financially when the novelty wears off.

If GBNews is on your favourites list, I suspect you are deeply sensitive to the presenters they use. That's puts them in a difficult position if your average viewer thinks Ken Clarke (for instance) is a communist.

I was wondering what Discovery were doing about it, there were one of the original investors when it looked like a right of centre news channel rather them David Icke TV.

If this story is correct they quietly sold off their share last year at a huge loss.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It doesn't matter if he is acquitted because he persuades the committee that he is the most stupid man to ever sit in parliament.

Like Thierry Henri's hand ball goal in the qualifiers, all everyone will remember is that France went on to win the tournament.

After the acquittal, Boris will sit back ready to resume the role of leader after Sunak loses the next general election.

Unless the committee have the courage and sense of honour to defenestrate him. One chance to drain the Johnson swamp.....my money is on exoneration.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here