Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I wasn’t posting my own agenda , I was simply trying (inaccurately obviously!) that wanting more immigration was a minority view contrary to some of the people shouting me down. Whilst the poll you show does differ it still shows that only 22% of people want immigration increased.

The other points I wanted to call out are that not everyone who wants less immigration is a racist - white or otherwise and that whilst it doesn’t matter one way or the other whether I or anyone else in here misreads the room, it matters very much to me that the man I want to lead the country SKS does not miss read the room and sets about sorting this mess out. On either poll the yes and no votes add up to a vast majority not satisfied with the situation one way or the other.

That poll is very interesting 👍👍
I understand what you are saying but outside of voting for a party depending on your relationship with their immigration policy, the public’s opinion on immigration doesn’t really impact on our obligations both morally and lawfully.

YouGov polls are engineered by Tory lickspittles to bolster the general publics support for Tory policy.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It was a relatively good day for the Tories today, probably the best they've had since the vaccine roll out.

The lunatic fringe cornered and electoral liability Johnson humiliated.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I understand what you are saying but outside of voting for a party depending on your relationship with their immigration policy, the public’s opinion on immigration doesn’t really impact on our obligations both morally and lawfully.

YouGov polls are engineered by Tory lickspittles to bolster the general publics support for Tory policy.
I am amazed with some of the questions that get approved. Surveys is my job and some of those that don’t get people booted out of polling are amazing. It is similar to gb news not getting endlessly published by ofcom

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I once worked with a bloke in London we called "racist [name redacted]".

We called him that because he was a racist and his name was [name redacted].

He once got into a argument with a German in a pub as he refused to believe we drank less beer than them.

He eventually relented and put it down to immigrants who don't drink "bringing our averages down".

I always wondered what happened to him, with his love of the Conservative party, Stonehenge and an archery target with Tony Blair on it in his back garden.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I once worked with a bloke in London we called "racist [name redacted]".

We called him that because he was a racist and his name was [name redacted].

He once got into a argument with a German in a pub as he refused to believe we drank less beer than them.

He eventually relented and put it down to immigrants who don't drink "bringing our averages down".

I always wondered what happened to him, with his love of the Conservative party, Stonehenge and an archery target with Tony Blair on it in his back garden.
He moved to Spain in 2016.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Another you gov poll about whether people believe Johnson is honest. Believe it or not, the majority think he isn’t. That is majority of leave voters, tory voters too.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He moved to Spain in 2016.
I miss him,

We took him to a gay pub in Old Compton Street one lunchtime.

He was completely oblivious to his surroundings for at least an hour (even commenting how friendly everyone was to him) until we told him and he stormed out.

I also recall a surreal conversation an Indian colleague had with him about the caste system. He misheard it as "cars system" and asked whether Indian social structures were really based around what car you owned.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It was a relatively good day for the Tories today, probably the best they've had since the vaccine roll out.

The lunatic fringe cornered and electoral liability Johnson humiliated.
And yet without a bruise, let alone torn skin.

The demise of the tory death star is a long way in the future, and will not involve Johnson (except in the bosom of his fan club, which will always number many, because the man says it how it is, and is a winner. Fact).

Floating voters, hello my lovelies.... would you like to learn about a tale of courage (Starmer), leadership (Starmer), vision (Starmer), lies (Johnson), collusion (most of the other tory MPs), lies (Johnson), betrayal (Johnson), lies (Johnson), manslaughter by negligence (Johnson), and f***ing venal treasonous dereliction of duty (Johnson)? Then open your eyes.

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
Another you gov poll about whether people believe Johnson is honest. Believe it or not, the majority think he isn’t. That is majority of leave voters, tory voters too.

Unquestionably dishonest. An independent inquiry into parliamentary inquiries needed if/when he walks

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Watched it in full this evening. Delightful to see him facing a panel of people who do not believe a word he says, have nothing to gain from the outcome, and who do not kowtow to the lying oaf.

Brilliantly done and good that they pulled him up on his bluster and waffle.

It didn’t disappoint.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
“People who say that we were partying in lockdown simply do not know what they are talking about”.

• 16 April 2021: there were two leaving events (one for James Slack, Boris Johnson's director of communications; one for a personal photographer to Johnson) in different parts of Downing Street, which later merged into one, with about 30 people present. Johnson was not in London at the time.[74] Slack (now deputy editor of The Sun) apologised for the event on 14 January 2022.[181] Both parties took place on the evening before the funeral of Prince Philip on 17 April 2021, and featured alcohol and one of them featured loud music.[74][182] The Daily Telegraph reported partying continued from 6pm until 1am. A child's swing in the garden was broken.[183][12] ITV News reported dancing and at least two couples "getting it on with each other" and "touching each other up", while two other members of staff who were not openly a couple previously were "all over each other".[138][12] Both gatherings were covered by the Cabinet Office investigation.[150] FPNs were issued for breaches of Paragraph 2 of Schedule 2 to the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (Steps) (England) Regulations 2021 – Restriction on participating in an outdoor gathering in the Step 2 area consisting of more than six people.[154]

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It’s encouraging that no matter how much he wishes it would go away, it’s clinging to him like shit on a blanket.
It probably wouldn’t be nearly as embarrassing for him if he’d kept his head down this last year. Instead of trumpeting his comeback.

The look of narcissistic rage on his face when he’s asked to stop blathering on is wonderful.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I was 'told off' on here the other day as someone incorrectly thought I was questioning someones research methods (unrelated to this discussion) when I hadn't actually looked at the survey questions but was just trying to clarify what the participant requirements were.
My point now is that 'genuine' research avoids leading questions & it's the 'mainstay' of research.... unless of course you want to find things that back up your own opinions. Phrasing of polls and surveys is all important. Look at some of the polls on here. Just putting a poll up now about the opinions of whether he 'intentionally' misled the HOC could skew the results due to how the question was phrased & also how 'jargon' free it was. I'm not convinced that 'YouGov' polls are entirely genuine (as unbiased as they can be) research questions as they're not independent. 🤷‍♀️

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Is this investigation just about if he lied to the house?

Are there any other consequences coming his way for his behaviour around these parties?

The fact that he is still in parliament and facing these questions is incredible to me. Let alone the fact that he may end up keeping his job and if it is not too dramatic, his liberty.

Does his defence boil down to he didn't realise he was breaking the rules? No one told him?

I would suggest that everyone tries this with their next speeding ticket.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Are there any other consequences coming his way for his behaviour around these parties?

The fact that he is still in parliament and facing these questions is incredible to me. Let alone the fact that he may end up keeping his job and if it is not too dramatic, his liberty.

Does his defence boil down to he didn't realise he was breaking the rules? No one told him?

I think it’s just whether he deliberately mislead the house. And the consequences of that aren’t really very dire.

**** should be in prison.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017

As far as I can work out it's whether he 'intentionally' misled parliament. He seems to be tangling himself up in knots by saying they were work parties but the basics of it are, when he said in the HOC 'no guidance was broken', did he have just cause to believe what he was saying was true or was he talking a load of crap & is trying to get his way out of it?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Sunak paying 22% tax on his 5m income.

It is good to see a Prime Minister who has a clear and focused understanding of the laws in order to keep as much as his income as possible.

Pity he wasn't so closely across the lock down rules where people's lives were at risk, he could have told Boris that what they were doing was wrong.

Great time to release his tax returns.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
As far as I can work out it's whether he 'intentionally' misled parliament. He seems to be tangling himself up in knots by saying they were work parties but the basics of it are, when he said in the HOC 'no guidance was broken', did he have just cause to believe what he was saying was true or was he talking a load of crap & is trying to get his way out of it?

I suspect it could be argued that he didn't 'intentionally' lie because he does it so often that he believes his own shit.

I am struggling with the idea that it is important if he did it intentionally or not. He did it. He either lied or he is incompetent. The result is the same.

Smacks of a broken system to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here