Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
i can't remember who own's yougov, but it's one of the disgraced, brexit cult, tory mp's;

i'ld suggest that is also a very significant piece of information when attempting to derive meaning from these polls
As of November 2020, major shareholders of the company included Liontrust Asset Management (14.23%); Standard Life Aberdeen (8.6%); Octopus Investments (7.78%); BlackRock (7.63%); and Stephan& Rosamund Shakespeare (6.85%). YouGov is a member of the British Polling Council.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Given the love some have developed for you gov polls. Here is a poll about what the public think of whether boris knowingly misled Parliament. How on Earth can 14% think he didn’t?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Yes my mistake earlier 👍
Easily done. Although I do find it marginally interesting that when trying to make a point about how many people think immigration is too high, you mistakenly chose a lower percentage of people to make that point, which is also the same percentage who famously voted a certain way in a certain referendum.

Maybe an example of unconscious bias perhaps, or possibly, on the other hand, a Freudian slip, or I guess even an honest simple mistake too.

Anyway, sorry to bore you with my ramblings.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
As of November 2020, major shareholders of the company included Liontrust Asset Management (14.23%); Standard Life Aberdeen (8.6%); Octopus Investments (7.78%); BlackRock (7.63%); and Stephan& Rosamund Shakespeare (6.85%). YouGov is a member of the British Polling Council.
ta! just looking at that, it was bloomin zahawi! they breed like rats, don't they tho, controlling the flow of information in a democracy, nice little earner!

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Here is what the less leading question from ipsos Mori makes of the immigration issue.

It is much more nuanced. It includes whether had positive or negative impact and weather should be more or less. Interest to see overall a positive response but still 42% want it reduced.

I expect if you asked about different types of immigration you would get very different answers too.

People quoting just the odd percentage are obviously pushing an agenda.

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
ta! just looking at that, it was bloomin zahawi! they breed like rats, don't they tho, controlling the flow of information in a democracy, nice little earner!
Point taken

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
i can't remember who own's yougov, but it's one of the disgraced, brexit cult, tory mp's;

i'ld suggest that is also a very significant piece of information when attempting to derive meaning from these polls
Nadhim Zahawi founded it and he's an absolutely, totally, thoroughly, tremendously, all round, bloody good bloke. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
Here is what the less leading question from ipsos Mori makes of the immigration issue.

It is much more nuanced. It includes whether had positive or negative impact and weather should be more or less. Interest to see overall a positive response but still 42% want it reduced.

I expect if you asked about different types of immigration you would get very different answers too.

People quoting just the odd percentage are obviously pushing an agenda.
I wasn’t posting my own agenda , I was simply trying (inaccurately obviously!)to point out that wanting more immigration was a minority view contrary to some of the people shouting me down. Whilst the poll you show does differ it still shows that only 22% of people want immigration increased.

The other points I wanted to call out are that i don’t believe that everyone who wants less immigration is a racist - white or otherwise and that whilst it doesn’t matter one way or the other whether I or anyone else in here misreads the room, it matters very much to me that the man I want to lead the country SKS does not misread the room and sets out publicly his strategy for sorting this mess out under a Labour government. On either poll the yes and no votes add up to a vast majority not satisfied with the situation one way or the other so it is certainly relevant in GE terms.

That poll is very interesting 👍👍

Last edited:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I wasn’t posting my own agenda , I was simply trying (inaccurately obviously!) that wanting more immigration was a minority view contrary to some of the people shouting me down. Whilst the poll you show does differ it still shows that only 22% of people want immigration increased.

The other points I wanted to call out are that not everyone who wants less immigration is a racist - white or otherwise and that whilst it doesn’t matter one way or the other whether I or anyone else in here misreads the room, it matters very much to me that the man I want to lead the country SKS does not miss read the room and sets about sorting this mess out. On either poll the yes and no votes add up to a vast majority not satisfied with the situation one way or the other.

The biggest irony for all this is that brexit was obviously linked to immigration and brexit makes it harder for us to control the boats crossing and returning people with failed asylum claims (if we bothered processing them obviously because it is far better for government to shout about them rather than deal with them).

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I wasn’t posting my own agenda , I was simply trying (inaccurately obviously!) that wanting more immigration was a minority view contrary to some of the people shouting me down. Whilst the poll you show does differ it still shows that only 22% of people want immigration increased.

The other points I wanted to call out are that not everyone who wants less immigration is a racist - white or otherwise and that whilst it doesn’t matter one way or the other whether I or anyone else in here misreads the room, it matters very much to me that the man I want to lead the country SKS does not miss read the room and sets about sorting this mess out. On either poll the yes and no votes add up to a vast majority not satisfied with the situation one way or the other.

I understand what you are saying but outside of voting for a party depending on your relationship with their immigration policy, the public’s opinion on immigration doesn’t really impact on our obligations both morally and lawfully.

YouGov polls are engineered by Tory lickspittles to bolster the general publics support for Tory policy.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It was a relatively good day for the Tories today, probably the best they've had since the vaccine roll out.

The lunatic fringe cornered and electoral liability Johnson humiliated.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I understand what you are saying but outside of voting for a party depending on your relationship with their immigration policy, the public’s opinion on immigration doesn’t really impact on our obligations both morally and lawfully.

YouGov polls are engineered by Tory lickspittles to bolster the general publics support for Tory policy.
I am amazed with some of the questions that get approved. Surveys is my job and some of those that don’t get people booted out of polling are amazing. It is similar to gb news not getting endlessly published by ofcom

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I once worked with a bloke in London we called "racist [name redacted]".

We called him that because he was a racist and his name was [name redacted].

He once got into a argument with a German in a pub as he refused to believe we drank less beer than them.

He eventually relented and put it down to immigrants who don't drink "bringing our averages down".

I always wondered what happened to him, with his love of the Conservative party, Stonehenge and an archery target with Tony Blair on it in his back garden.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I once worked with a bloke in London we called "racist [name redacted]".

We called him that because he was a racist and his name was [name redacted].

He once got into a argument with a German in a pub as he refused to believe we drank less beer than them.

He eventually relented and put it down to immigrants who don't drink "bringing our averages down".

I always wondered what happened to him, with his love of the Conservative party, Stonehenge and an archery target with Tony Blair on it in his back garden.
He moved to Spain in 2016.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Another you gov poll about whether people believe Johnson is honest. Believe it or not, the majority think he isn’t. That is majority of leave voters, tory voters too.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He moved to Spain in 2016.
I miss him,

We took him to a gay pub in Old Compton Street one lunchtime.

He was completely oblivious to his surroundings for at least an hour (even commenting how friendly everyone was to him) until we told him and he stormed out.

I also recall a surreal conversation an Indian colleague had with him about the caste system. He misheard it as "cars system" and asked whether Indian social structures were really based around what car you owned.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It was a relatively good day for the Tories today, probably the best they've had since the vaccine roll out.

The lunatic fringe cornered and electoral liability Johnson humiliated.
And yet without a bruise, let alone torn skin.

The demise of the tory death star is a long way in the future, and will not involve Johnson (except in the bosom of his fan club, which will always number many, because the man says it how it is, and is a winner. Fact).

Floating voters, hello my lovelies.... would you like to learn about a tale of courage (Starmer), leadership (Starmer), vision (Starmer), lies (Johnson), collusion (most of the other tory MPs), lies (Johnson), betrayal (Johnson), lies (Johnson), manslaughter by negligence (Johnson), and f***ing venal treasonous dereliction of duty (Johnson)? Then open your eyes.

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
Another you gov poll about whether people believe Johnson is honest. Believe it or not, the majority think he isn’t. That is majority of leave voters, tory voters too.

Unquestionably dishonest. An independent inquiry into parliamentary inquiries needed if/when he walks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here