Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Watched it in full this evening. Delightful to see him facing a panel of people who do not believe a word he says, have nothing to gain from the outcome, and who do not kowtow to the lying oaf.

Brilliantly done and good that they pulled him up on his bluster and waffle.

It didn’t disappoint.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
“People who say that we were partying in lockdown simply do not know what they are talking about”.

• 16 April 2021: there were two leaving events (one for James Slack, Boris Johnson's director of communications; one for a personal photographer to Johnson) in different parts of Downing Street, which later merged into one, with about 30 people present. Johnson was not in London at the time.[74] Slack (now deputy editor of The Sun) apologised for the event on 14 January 2022.[181] Both parties took place on the evening before the funeral of Prince Philip on 17 April 2021, and featured alcohol and one of them featured loud music.[74][182] The Daily Telegraph reported partying continued from 6pm until 1am. A child's swing in the garden was broken.[183][12] ITV News reported dancing and at least two couples "getting it on with each other" and "touching each other up", while two other members of staff who were not openly a couple previously were "all over each other".[138][12] Both gatherings were covered by the Cabinet Office investigation.[150] FPNs were issued for breaches of Paragraph 2 of Schedule 2 to the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (Steps) (England) Regulations 2021 – Restriction on participating in an outdoor gathering in the Step 2 area consisting of more than six people.[154]

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It’s encouraging that no matter how much he wishes it would go away, it’s clinging to him like shit on a blanket.
It probably wouldn’t be nearly as embarrassing for him if he’d kept his head down this last year. Instead of trumpeting his comeback.

The look of narcissistic rage on his face when he’s asked to stop blathering on is wonderful.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I was 'told off' on here the other day as someone incorrectly thought I was questioning someones research methods (unrelated to this discussion) when I hadn't actually looked at the survey questions but was just trying to clarify what the participant requirements were.
My point now is that 'genuine' research avoids leading questions & it's the 'mainstay' of research.... unless of course you want to find things that back up your own opinions. Phrasing of polls and surveys is all important. Look at some of the polls on here. Just putting a poll up now about the opinions of whether he 'intentionally' misled the HOC could skew the results due to how the question was phrased & also how 'jargon' free it was. I'm not convinced that 'YouGov' polls are entirely genuine (as unbiased as they can be) research questions as they're not independent. 🤷‍♀️

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Is this investigation just about if he lied to the house?

Are there any other consequences coming his way for his behaviour around these parties?

The fact that he is still in parliament and facing these questions is incredible to me. Let alone the fact that he may end up keeping his job and if it is not too dramatic, his liberty.

Does his defence boil down to he didn't realise he was breaking the rules? No one told him?

I would suggest that everyone tries this with their next speeding ticket.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Are there any other consequences coming his way for his behaviour around these parties?

The fact that he is still in parliament and facing these questions is incredible to me. Let alone the fact that he may end up keeping his job and if it is not too dramatic, his liberty.

Does his defence boil down to he didn't realise he was breaking the rules? No one told him?

I think it’s just whether he deliberately mislead the house. And the consequences of that aren’t really very dire.

**** should be in prison.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017

As far as I can work out it's whether he 'intentionally' misled parliament. He seems to be tangling himself up in knots by saying they were work parties but the basics of it are, when he said in the HOC 'no guidance was broken', did he have just cause to believe what he was saying was true or was he talking a load of crap & is trying to get his way out of it?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Sunak paying 22% tax on his 5m income.

It is good to see a Prime Minister who has a clear and focused understanding of the laws in order to keep as much as his income as possible.

Pity he wasn't so closely across the lock down rules where people's lives were at risk, he could have told Boris that what they were doing was wrong.

Great time to release his tax returns.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
As far as I can work out it's whether he 'intentionally' misled parliament. He seems to be tangling himself up in knots by saying they were work parties but the basics of it are, when he said in the HOC 'no guidance was broken', did he have just cause to believe what he was saying was true or was he talking a load of crap & is trying to get his way out of it?

I suspect it could be argued that he didn't 'intentionally' lie because he does it so often that he believes his own shit.

I am struggling with the idea that it is important if he did it intentionally or not. He did it. He either lied or he is incompetent. The result is the same.

Smacks of a broken system to me.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I suspect it could be argued that he didn't 'intentionally' lie because he does it so often that he believes his own shit.

I am struggling with the idea that it is important if he did it intentionally or not. He did it. He either lied or he is incompetent. The result is the same.

Smacks of a broken system to me.
the system may well be broken, as bungle has been tinkering with the ministerial code

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
1ABF7C68-9678-45A7-88BF-EC6E321E5452.jpeg

Edited to add, there is a source for this meme.

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I think it’s just whether he deliberately mislead the house. And the consequences of that aren’t really very dire.

**** should be in prison.
If he'd just held his hand up on Day 1 and said "oops, sorry, lessons learned" he'd have been able to bumble and buffoon his way through any calls to resign and this inquiry about misleading the house wouldn't even be happening.

Lol.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Sunak paying 22% tax on his 5m income.

It is good to see a Prime Minister who has a clear and focused understanding of the laws in order to keep as much as his income as possible.

Pity he wasn't so closely across the lock down rules where people's lives were at risk, he could have told Boris that what they were doing was wrong.

Great time to release his tax returns.
But doesn't Keir Starmer own a field with donkey on it that could be worth £10m if it got planning permission? They're all the same...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
And him losing his temper tells us all we need to know. Flustered, floundering and completely out of his depth. Trying to out manoeuvre the panel, all of whom have far superior intellect to him, failing and losing his temper.

Marvellous scenes.
However, hold your nose and have a look at the front page of the Daily Mail and it seems they saw something entirely different ! Boris ran rings around them apparently.

For me, you are correct, none of his usual tricks, bluster and stunts worked, he definitely lost his rag once or twice too.

I can't wait to be rid of the lying sleazeball, he's polluted and corrupted our country for long enough.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
However, hold your nose and have a look at the front page of the Daily Mail and it seems they saw something entirely different ! Boris ran rings around them apparently.

For me, you are correct, none of his usual tricks, bluster and stunts worked, he definitely lost his rag once or twice too.

I can't wait to be rid of the lying sleazeball, he's polluted and corrupted our country for long enough.
There a three forms of punishment that could happen, apology, suspension from the house for 10 days or suspension for more than 10 days. Only the latter we flush away the turd once and for all most like leading to a bye election.

The latter needs to happen to send a signal we any other dishonest actors planning tribute acts. We will be feeling the effect of long Johnson for a while yet. So much damage

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The BBC’s Chris Mason thinks the Johnson outcome will be announced late Spring or early Summer. MPs will then get a vote on any possible suspension.

Whether they find that he intentionally misled or recklessly misled, I’m sure that the committee will conclude that they need to be seen as punishing him properly. I’m hopeful he’d be kicked out of Parliament for the first offence or given the 10 day suspension for the second. The petition for a by election from his constituents should take a matter of minutes to reach the 10% threshold. Then it’s popcorn time.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If he'd just held his hand up on Day 1 and said "oops, sorry, lessons learned" he'd have been able to bumble and buffoon his way through any calls to resign and this inquiry about misleading the house wouldn't even be happening.

Lol.
Compulsive liar. Narcissist personality disorder. It’s a mental health illness. He is incapable of admitting to anything that makes him appear less than superior to everyone else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here