[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Good luck to you TC, you should change jobs, you work for a company that I’m assuming has competition, go and work for the competition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well, you’re quite right. It’s something I have been actively pursuing. Thank you. I hope you are well.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...id-claims-over-sexual-harassment-and-drug-use

A Tory MP was suspended from the parliamentary party on Saturday after a series of allegations relating to sexual harassment and cocaine use.

The party has removed the whip from David Warburton, the Conservative MP for Somerton and Frome, who is understood to be facing allegations from three women, while a photo has emerged of the MP allegedly sitting alongside lines of cocaine. The picture of Warburton, published by the Sunday Times, is said to date from February. It is claimed it was taken at the home of a younger woman who he met through politics.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
With fridges, freezers, TVs, cars, washing machines, mobile phones etc……couldn’t make it up.

sorry are you suggesting that people live without fridges if they're poor?!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
sorry are you suggesting that people live without fridges if they're poor?!

Not suggesting that at all, just mocking the use of the word ABSOLUTE in reference to poverty.

My parents would have known a time when they lived out their lives without any of the aforementioned items. You went to the green grocer two or three times a week and kept items cool in the pantry.

There is poverty in the UK, as there is here, but absolute poverty is akin to being homeless, or not having enough money to buy food.. And there are not 12.5 million in that position in the UK.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...id-claims-over-sexual-harassment-and-drug-use

A Tory MP was suspended from the parliamentary party on Saturday after a series of allegations relating to sexual harassment and cocaine use.

The party has removed the whip from David Warburton, the Conservative MP for Somerton and Frome, who is understood to be facing allegations from three women, while a photo has emerged of the MP allegedly sitting alongside lines of cocaine. The picture of Warburton, published by the Sunday Times, is said to date from February. It is claimed it was taken at the home of a younger woman who he met through politics.

Cocaine, women and sense of entitlement? All he needs is steroids and a gun and he'd be our very own Putin.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not less than minimum wage but not much above it. I didn’t think I’d qualify but I do. Not much but it’s better than another bill in the post.

I reckon I could earn more stacking shelves but there’s reasons I stay where I am for the meantime. But that’s another story.

And thanks! Yes, I did miss it plus they got shot of one of the wrong un’s so I’m back, but limited to non binfest threads and no pit.

Good to see you back and hope things work out ��

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I see that Rees-Mogg is defending the PM again over partygate.

Apparently, Boris the Liar was not given the correct information on whether or not the parties he attended were in-fact parties? So technically he did not mislead parliament. And if you believe that bull, you’d believe anything!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Really everyone that believed the corbyn smear campaign should be ashamed of themselves, those still saying we'd be in a worse position now should be slapped. I just hope this crisis really hits those middle classes that thought they were upper class really hard.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Really everyone that believed the corbyn smear campaign should be ashamed of themselves, those still saying we'd be in a worse position now should be slapped. I just hope this crisis really hits those middle classes that thought they were upper class really hard.

Well give me a slap then because in my opinion, we are in this tory shit storm because the alternative at the last election was Corbyn. He wasn't a man fit to lead the country and the electorate could see that. Chuck into the mix Johnson's promises on Brexit and the so called oven ready deal and we are where we are.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Well give me a slap then because in my opinion, we are in this tory shit storm because the alternative at the last election was Corbyn. He wasn't a man fit to lead the country and the electorate could see that. Chuck into the mix Johnson's promises on Brexit and the so called oven ready deal and we are where we are.
He was fitter than the fat piece of shit with have now.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

He may not have been a great Prime Minister but you can bet he would not have lied his way through the last 3 years or so like the current incumbent.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
cons.jpeg

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The vast majority of people on Universal Credit are working but employers are keeping wages so low, they need it to pay the rent, council tax etc.
Zero hours contracts etc are putting people into poverty.

Thats not true though.
40% of people on Universal credit are in employment, that is hardly the vast majority.
Then amongst those who are in employment you will have those who are working enough and have no requirements to seek more work and those who are working but required to seek more work.

https://www.gov.uk/government/stati...redit-statistics-29-april-2013-to-8-july-2021

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Corbyn did not need a smear campaign, he was scary enough all by himself.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What are the chances.

[tweet]1511747061888307206[/tweet]

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson says he does not believe transgender women should compete in female sporting events - a view he conceded may be "controversial".

The issue of transgender athletes - centred around the balance of inclusion, sporting fairness and safety in women's sport - has recently focused on the case of transgender cyclist Emily Bridges.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports