Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Covid and the Russian idiot have hardly helped. It will be a lot worse as prices go up due to Ukraine and Russia not supplying what they normally do to the world. Putin's last throw of the dice will probably be to stop the gas supply to Europe
How would you have dealt with these unforeseen issues ?

Off the top of my head…

I’d have not given my pals billions of pounds worth of fruitless ppe contracts.
I’d have not wasted £37 BILLION on a useless app
I’d be going after the companies that defrauded the taxpayer during the pandemic.
I’d be going after corporation tax
I’d be super-taxing the super-wealthy
Not get themselves so tangled up in Russian money that they have nowhere to turn now Russia is the enemy.

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Off the top of my head…

I’d be going after the companies that defrauded the taxpayer during the pandemic.

Agree on the App absolute pile of junk.
PPE is a little harder as everybody was moaning about the lack of it so unscrupulous twats including the Chinese supplied unfit for purpose items but at the time the pressure was on to get them anyway they could. ( aren't they going to have a parliamentary overview of everything that happened)
Agree super tax the wealthy and also a one off tax against the Oil and energy companies

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Agree on the App absolute pile of junk.
PPE is a little harder as everybody was moaning about the lack of it so unscrupulous twats including the Chinese supplied unfit for purpose items but at the time the pressure was on to get them anyway they could. ( aren't they going to have a parliamentary overview of everything that happened)
Agree super tax the wealthy and also a one off tax against the Oil and energy companies
You do also have to take in consideration that our current PM is a populist spunk other people's money first and worry about the consequences later.

He shat one billion of Londoner's money down the drain with zero benefit.

You get what you vote for.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What are the chances.

[tweet]1511747061888307206[/tweet]

does no one feel at all uncomfortable at the digging at his wife? seems to have become target of the season. the tweet ignores all the basic details and article overlooks that non-doms pay dont pay taxes on overseas earnings as they are taxed overseas.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Think it’s pretty clear there’s a strong “Get Sunak” vibe going on. Wonder who’s leading it? The PM trying to slap down pretenders to the throne? Or a rival to said throne?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson says he does not believe transgender women should compete in female sporting events - a view he conceded may be "controversial".

The issue of transgender athletes - centred around the balance of inclusion, sporting fairness and safety in women's sport - has recently focused on the case of transgender cyclist Emily Bridges.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

He would be right, I’m not sure how it’s controversial.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Think it’s pretty clear there’s a strong “Get Sunak” vibe going on. Wonder who’s leading it? The PM trying to slap down pretenders to the throne? Or a rival to said throne?

I think it’s simply because he’s current Chancellor of the Exchequer and a lot of the population are the poorest they have ever been and being taxed into poverty.

I guess poor people take umbridge being told by a multi millionaire Tory that they’ll have to bear the cost of it all.
Don’t know much about his wife but she seems like she’s up to her neck in it. Russian interests etc. Seems. May be complete bollocks.

He does himself no favours by squirming in interviews, taking photo opportunities to appear to be a man of the people and refusing to answer tricky questions.

He’s like so many of the privileged dimwits I met at boarding school. They have never known anything but comfort and wealth. They literally have no idea what it’s like to struggle. I mean that literally, he does not know anything else. He might be a little less culpable and a tiny bit more likeable than Johnson but make no mistake, he is not on your side.

I’m sure Boris is happy with that perception for now.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He would be right, I’m not sure how it’s controversial.

The controversy is that this government are baiting gammon with the culture war as a distraction whilst they are totally and utterly ****ing up pretty much everything they touch. But hey, trans women shouldn’t compete against women in sport. Is that really the most important issue at the moment?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
does no one feel at all uncomfortable at the digging at his wife? seems to have become target of the season. the tweet ignores all the basic details and article overlooks that non-doms pay dont pay taxes on overseas earnings as they are taxed overseas.

The ministerial code states an MP’s spouse is open to investigation.
B2A50107-44FF-4A78-B129-2A109DC07689.jpeg

She claimed furlough for staff but is registered at non dom, so doesn’t pay tax to the UK

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Off the top of my head…

Not get themselves so tangled up in Russian money that they have nowhere to turn now Russia is the enemy.

Come now. Let's not talk this great country down. Under a Corbyn government we'd be going cap in hand to the IMF, with.... oh, hang on.

:facepalm:

With sleight of hand, chutzpah and bare faced lies, Johnson reigns supreme.

And who are we to question that? There are other opinions, and let's not talk this great country down.

Rinse and repeat.

:facepalm:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The controversy is that this government are baiting gammon with the culture war as a distraction whilst they are totally and utterly ****ing up pretty much everything they touch. But hey, trans women shouldn’t compete against women in sport. Is that really the most important issue at the moment?

Like it or not this subject is absolutely everywhere at the moment, In the papers and on the radio most days.

Who asked the question? It’s a ridiculous question at this time, as you say.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Agree. I happen to agree with the PM but there’s a reason he is commenting on it. And thus he plays his joyless game.

The man lacks any class.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Not really. Non dom status has been highly controversial for years and a beneficiary of it (and her husband the Chancellor) are soundly asleep in Downing Street tonight.

Worst administration in my lifetime. They couldn't give a toss.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Come now.

Johnson has sent out a signal, and if I may say so, while paying every respect to the transgender community (wherever you are), there are more important issues, and if I may say so, everyone needs to play on a level playing field and under a Starmer government, we'd be going cap in hand to the EU!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

it is in the LGBT+ world, and quite a visceral issue it is too. goes way beyond gammon and the usual left/right. controversial because when you take a position cannot do so with out deeply offending another very vocal group.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Identity politics is a total smokescreen. Really the politicians don’t care about it and nor do the public but it hides the major issue going here, the class struggle. Doesn’t matter if you’re black, white, trans, disabled or anything else. If you’re poor you’re absolutely ****ed. As long as they can distract people from that reality they’re doing their job.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So the Chancellor's wife has shares in a business that operates in Russia as well as also practicing Tax avoidance of UK Tax ?

That is the Chancellor's wife deciding to avoid UK Tax.

Dear oh dear oh dear.

Off you pop, Rishi

:wave:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So the Chancellor's wife has shares in a business that operates in Russia as well as also practicing Tax avoidance of UK Tax ?

That is the Chancellor's wife deciding to avoid UK Tax.

Dear oh dear oh dear.

Off you pop, Rishi

:wave:

It’s genuinely shocking that none of this is shocking anymore.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here